House Price Crash Forum

The Bubbly Bitcoin Thread -- Merged Threads

HOLA441
2 hours ago, Lagarde's Drift said:

You're right. Half the first day vol was outflow from gbtc which got rotated into the new ETFs. Hardly any new money imo. The new ETFs were also bid up premarket and sold down into retail. Also cynically I suspect the institutions have been buying otc for a long time and are just unloading into retail.

So it's bearish for short term. Don't forget that most normies regard crypto as a scam, that's not gonna change much. It'll only move when large funds like pensions have done their diligence and start buying but I think that's some way off.

We can't buy them in the UK anyway.

Makes sense. I was going to convert what I have in GBTC as their fees are crazy compared to the new ones.

HOLA442
2 hours ago, markyh said:

It must help with the 2025 Bull run though.  Will give buyers an easy in.  We need to watch for the GBTC price back to trading at par or a premium to the BTC spot price. That will help too. 

Yes the counterargument would be the paucity of BTC on exchanges although counter to that would be it was because these ints were buying now they're unloading. 

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

And account worth checking out.  Fred is ex-Wall Street (Salomon Bros) and has been bringing a bunch of insights re ETFs, BlackRock and MSTR.

Understands Bitcoin.  In since about 2015.  Bought heavily in 2018/2019. Thinks bitcoiners are wasting their time expecting people to self custody.  

Plans on buying a jet with some of his proceeds for a bit of fun as he previously had one for many years. Already owns a castle apparently. 🙄

He is honestly a laugh a minute as he is v engaging. Bitcoiners either hate or adore him. Only been active for the past month or so to report on ETF. 

Preston stopped following him as Fred is only interested in ngu and the success of ETFs. 

Edited by Buffer Bear

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
On 11/01/2024 at 21:50, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

To be fair I have received a full apology from @Warlord and that he has conceeded he called it wrong. Which is noble of him. Nothing wrong in changing your mind and admitted that you were wrong. We all are at times.

As for @henry the king he will forever remain a salty nocoiner as far as I am concerned. 

Props to @Warlord

They will be very wrong where this thing is going. Predictions for this run range between 100k - 500k and by 2030 over $1m.

Just think about this about the supply and demand dynamics. 

ETF

Halvening

FASB rule change

QE?

Anyway, as usual, I continue to stack. 

NatWest continues to place obstacles in my way so thank goodness for BISQ, Peaches and RoboSats - KYC free. 

Oh and ofc, we all need to complete a questionnaire to buy bitcoin from an exchange now. 

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
7 minutes ago, Buffer Bear said:

Depends if you can transfer without tax.  I think I would leave regardless. 

I only have GBTC in my tax advantaged retirement accounts, IRA, 401k, HSA etc.

Outside tax advantaged I stick to self custody 

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
On 14/01/2024 at 03:05, Buffer Bear said:

Oh and ofc, we all need to complete a questionnaire to buy bitcoin from an exchange now. 

Did this with Kraken before Xmas. Passed 1st time. You just pick the most doom laden outcome as your answer each time and that's it, you are a knowledgeable investor. 

Might have well just been one question , "All Crypto is going to Zero?"  Y/N   - and answer Yes. 

HOLA4420
Guest Stud
4 hours ago, markyh said:

Did this with Kraken before Xmas. Passed 1st time. You just pick the most doom laden outcome as your answer each time and that's it, you are a knowledgeable investor. 

Might have well just been one question , "All Crypto is going to Zero?"  Y/N   - and answer Yes. 

Well that's the first post you have EVER written that makes sense and resounds with the TRUTH ...WELL DONE it only took you 7.3k posts to achieve .

🤡🤡🤣🤣😂😂

HOLA4421
7 hours ago, stud said:

Well that's the first post you have EVER written that makes sense and resounds with the TRUTH ...WELL DONE it only took you 7.3k posts to achieve .

🤡🤡🤣🤣😂😂

I would have put i am gay and a criminal and terrorist too if that was the answers they wanted to allow me to keep buying and selling Crypto. I knew i was telling them what they wanted to hear and not what i believed, from the the phrasing of the questions it was completely obvious, but could have just as well as applied to stocks and shares trading in my SIPP.  

HOLA4422
15 hours ago, markyh said:

😂

I gave the answers to my friends and family in case they did anything silly and got blocked until they passed. 🙄

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425