HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

I always find AWT intelligent and witty, he held his own with Ricky Gervais on one of Ricky's early shows.

I'd hardly call him "disgraced" for slipping a few extras into his bags at Tescos. "Disgraced" would be Grant Bovey scale moral crimes.

I'm surprised somebody is actually watching the left wing rent-a-mob show that is QT.

HOLA449
HOLA4410

When the Philosopher CEM Joad was busted for fair dodging on a train to Exeter, he was taken off the Brains Trust, off the BBC altogether. He took to his bed and died a few years later.

Having never been to catering college I don't suppose Joad would have been considered the intellectual powerhouse that Worrall Thompson obviously is and was thus expendable.

HOLA4411

When the Philosopher CEM Joad was busted for fair dodging on a train to Exeter, he was taken off the Brains Trust, off the BBC altogether. He took to his bed and died a few years later.

Having never been to catering college I don't suppose Joad would have been considered the intellectual powerhouse that Worrall Thompson obviously is and was thus expendable.

Not quite as drastic as television star Lady Isobel Barnett, who having been prosecuted for shop lifting had to go for the overdose and dropping the electric fire into the bath just to make sure.

In those days (1980) the shame was much greater. And we were talking an 87p tin of tuna.

http://elderjuice.com/lady-isobel-barnett-rise-fall-household-name/

HOLA4412

Ah, The Book of Joad.

sh_hist_c-joad.jpg

He was retrospectively slaughtered for replying to the question "What advice would you give people in concentration camps?" - with the offhand reply "Concentrate". This was during the war when the term didn't have the postwar connotations and just meant a place to keep segregated potentially hostile populations, as we did in the Boer War.

HOLA4413

I always find AWT intelligent and witty, he held his own with Ricky Gervais on one of Ricky's early shows.

I'd hardly call him "disgraced" for slipping a few extras into his bags at Tescos. "Disgraced" would be Grant Bovey scale moral crimes.

I'm surprised somebody is actually watching the left wing rent-a-mob show that is QT.

Tessa Cohen's! Land-banking, producer-squeezing, landscape-blighting monstrosity. AWT was doing us all a favour. By comparison with their routine twisting and gouging he's a saint.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Archived