Price Of Cheese Is Out Of Control

HOLA441
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443

Tescos is now selling cheese at 'half price' of £3.00. It was £2.50 last week.

They don't even bother to raise stuff by the rate of inflation - just whack it up 20% and see what the mugs do.

..I've reduced the price of cheese by 100% ...stopped buying it ...full of bad cholesterol ...don't think your statins will save you ...and I keep well away from that lot ...the drug companies are making big time pocket money out of them .... :rolleyes:

Edited by South Lorne

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

..I've reduced the price of cheese by 100% ...stopped buying it ...full of bad cholesterol ...don't think your statins will save you ...and I keep well away from that lot ...the drug companies are making big time pocket money out of them .... :rolleyes:

So what're you gonna eat instead?

Don't say carrots. They're deadly. Scientists have conclusively proved that if you eat carrots for 150 years you will die.

HOLA447

Lidls reduced fat cheddar is not a bad compromise for calories, price and taste.

I used to buy a lot of cheese (seriously strong orange) from Netto at a good price, then they got taken over by ASDA, then I moved here. Can;t say the cheese is much cop here, but you do get the odd nice one.. I try to buy Welsh normally.

Now years ago I used to buy Anchor Extra Mature before the Kiwi dollar became overvalued - can you even buy Kiwi shit in Europe now? I guess transport costs are now too much and Italian wine has improved.

HOLA448

Google 'The Cholesterol Myth' . Can be found free on PDF format to download.

As the title suggests......a myth!

HOLA449

So what're you gonna eat instead?

Don't say carrots. They're deadly. Scientists have conclusively proved that if you eat carrots for 150 years you will die.

..what world do you live in ...?....there are plenty of choices without cheese ...or anything to do with dairy in general.... :rolleyes:

HOLA4410

Google 'The Cholesterol Myth' . Can be found free on PDF format to download.

As the title suggests......a myth!

..you stick to your cheese ..I'll do without ....there is no myth in that .... :rolleyes:

ps...don't believe everything you read on the internet ..there are too many VIs around.... :rolleyes:

Edited by South Lorne

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Anyway, the thing is, supermarkets use chaos marketing.

I think they have some sort of pseudo-random algorithm for generating prices each week. The overall trend is, of course, ever upwards. But individual stuff does vary.

Sainsburys sold their extra thick cut marmalade @ £1.09 for years, then halved the price about a year ago. Weird.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

..what world do you live in ...?....there are plenty of choices without cheese ...or anything to do with dairy in general.... :rolleyes:

So .. what're you gonna eat? Meat? That'd be healthy.

I suppose you could live on beans & mushrooms & such, but I doubt the risk factors involved in eating the occasional piece of cheese would shorten your life significantly.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Anyway, the thing is, supermarkets use chaos marketing.

I think they have some sort of pseudo-random algorithm for generating prices each week. The overall trend is, of course, ever upwards. But individual stuff does vary.

Sainsburys sold their extra thick cut marmalade @ £1.09 for years, then halved the price about a year ago. Weird.

..the problem is there is growing competition for food ...as Tescos said recently..a few years ago they were sole buyers for apples with some South African suppliers..now they are up against the rising middle classes in various countries with buyers in India, China and South East Asia and the Middle East ...time to be selective about what you buy ...my advice ..stick to porridge ...look what it did for the world....... :rolleyes:

Edited by South Lorne

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420

..the problem is there is growing competition for food ...as Tescos said recently..a few years ago they were sole buyers for apples with some South African suppliers..now they are up against the rising middle classes in various countries with buyers in India, China and South East Asia and the Middle East ...time to be selective about what you buy ...my advice ..stick to porridge ...look what it did for the world....... :rolleyes:

And as a west country scrumpy/cider drinker the price of quality scrumpy/cider compared to apples has never been better. If I could invest in a 100,000 litres I would.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422

No you really do need a roof here - it rains lots and is about 3/4 degree colder than the south of England, but that is a small price to pay for escaping the Chavs and 'cultural ghetto areas', then again..

..my friend ..you are lucky ..you can live in a croft (or the Irish equivalent) ..and live like a king ...this is the way forward...more so with broadband ..and use the peat as fuel ... dispense to the bin these power companies.... :rolleyes:

HOLA4423
HOLA4424

And as a west country scrumpy/cider drinker the price of quality scrumpy/cider compared to apples has never been better. If I could invest in a 100,000 litres I would.

...hahh...but the pendulum will swing for home grown apples ...and they will have an export market also..but maybe it's more profitable as scrumpy.... :rolleyes:

HOLA4425

.... and BEETROT! Bloody beetroot ...

been 37p a jar for yonks, then suddenly the cheapest ('value'!) jar shot up to 80p! For months!

Now back down to 37p.

I just can't cope with it all anymore.

...grow your own ..and don't buy jars ...buy fresh beetroot from the market ...much better..and cheaper.... :rolleyes: