HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

Amusing.

Our overlords don't give a t0ss about globalisation, closing down manufacturing and outsourcing our jobs to Asia, but they get all uppity when houses in their own patch are outsourced to Asians.

#hypocrites

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Yolande Barnes, from Savills Research, which analyses property trends, said property developers are increasingly selling blocks of flats overseas.

She said: "Developers are targeting overseas markets because overseas purchasers are willing to buy before a scheme is completed.

"That's really important for funding a scheme that might otherwise not be built."

1, UK buyers don't mind buying before a scheme is completed if they want to buy the place and can afford it.

2. For sure it would get built but the builder and developer might have to accept a lower price than from a rich overseas buyer. Despite what they always claim for whatever they build it's doubtful that their margins are that small except by accountancy trickery.

Edited by billybong

HOLA4412

When enough houses are owned by investors, UK and overseas, it's game over.

It's an interesting situation. We're told that some are sold to those with cash to protect, I can see that makes sense but not in the numbers seen in London. Besides, if safety was your top priority a place outside London would suffice, at a fraction of the price.

Given the yields available are so low on much of this stuff, maybe below achievalbe interest rates in the buyers' home countries, much of this must be being sold to the Sheeple of the world. I don't think the shady Oligarchs line cuts it.

Thing is, that's a lot of Sheeple lining up. How long can it go on?

Edited by cheeznbreed

HOLA4413

It's an interesting situation. We're told that some are sold to those with cash to protect, I can see that makes sense but not in the numbers seen in London. Besides, if safety was your top priority a place outside London would suffice, at a fraction of the price.

Given the yields available are so low on much of this stuff, maybe below achievalbe interest rates in the buyers' home countries, much of this must be being sold to the Sheeple of the world. I don't think the shady Oligarchs line cuts it.

Thing is, that's a lot of Sheeple lining up. How long can it go on?

+ 1

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

For those of us who believe in a progressive LVT then surely the best precursor is to sell most of our land to people without votes .

It might be the only way to export our way out of debt

I have wondered whether that is a cunning plan of UK pollies.

Then I remember that they do not plan long term - it's all short term money taking by most of them :angry:

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

So this is how they keep the plates spinning forever then, BTL goes international.

Maybe this time it really is different.

Nah, at the end of the day the available yields do not make this BTL really, it's just a play on asset prices. Which ought to mean that if/when it becomes apparent that prices have topped or are in reverse, it might be dumped en masse.Who knows when that will be though.

HOLA4418

Nah, at the end of the day the available yields do not make this BTL really, it's just a play on asset prices.

There's the currency play as well. I wish I was paid in Swiss Francs and spending in Sterling.

Edited by Orsino