House Price Crash Forum

We Are The 99% (Of 'mericans)

Executive Sadman

HOLA441

http://wearethe99percent.tumblr.com/

Funny how theyre almost all white and heathly looking.

Maybe a 'holiday' to the Sudan or slums of Bombay is in order to see how the actual '99%' live exist

Im all for bringing the banksters to justice, but this 'woe is me' coming from big branded clad, ipod equipped students and civil servants is more than a little nauseating.

HOLA442

http://wearethe99percent.tumblr.com/

Funny how theyre almost all white and heathly looking.

Maybe a 'holiday' to the Sudan or slums of Bombay is in order to see how the actual '99%' live exist

Im all for bringing the banksters to justice, but this 'woe is me' coming from big branded clad, ipod equipped students and civil servants is more than a little nauseating.

You said: "bringing the bankers to justice".

The bankers on Wall Street did this? Or was it the bankers on High Street (in the US we call it Main Street)? What exactly did these bankers do? And what should we the people criminally charge them with to bring them to justice? I would really like to know because I do not think any of this is the banker's fault.

HOLA443

The bankers on Wall Street did this? Or was it the bankers on High Street (in the US we call it Main Street)? What exactly did these bankers do? And what should we the people criminally charge them with to bring them to justice? I would really like to know because I do not think any of this is the banker's fault.

Sorry I might have missed something here but what has Mercian got to do with this?

HOLA444

For a start...

Lied about what was in securitized products (CDOs) and the risks they present.

'Lost' paperwork demonstrating they actually own any property and assets loans have been secured against on a mass scale. Then when this came to light, started forging the signatures of mortgage holders (also on a mass scale) in order to foreclose

http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?singlepost=2179229

Those two alone carry decades of prison time in the US, thats before you start looking at complicity towards fraudulent loans taken out ie RBS oligargh loans, the wrekin ruby and countless other cases.

HOLA445

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2011/10/15/uk-protests-idUKTRE79E11V20111015

Demonstrators worldwide shouted their rage on Saturday against bankers and politicians they accuse of ruining economies and condemning millions to hardship through greed and bad government.

Galvanized by the Occupy Wall Street movement, the protests began in New Zealand, rippled round the world to Europe and were expected to return to their starting point in New York.

Most rallies were however small and barely held up traffic. The biggest anticipated was in Rome, where organisers said they believed 100,000 would take part.

"At the global level, we can't carry on any more with public debt that wasn't created by us but by thieving governments, corrupt banks and speculators who don't give a damn about us," said Nicla Crippa, 49, who wore a T-shirt saying "enough" as she arrived at the Rome protest.

"They caused this international crisis and are still profiting from it, they should pay for it."

The Rome protesters, including the unemployed, students and pensioners, planned to march through the centre, past the Colosseum and finish in Piazza San Giovanni.

Civil unrest getting closer?

5h1t XFactor is on tonite can we reorganise?

Are we getting closer to the point where someone is going to lynch a banker?

HOLA446
HOLA447

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/15/business/in-private-conversation-wall-street-is-more-critical-of-protesters.html?_r=1&ref=business

Publicly, bankers say they understand the anger at Wall Street — but believe they are misunderstood by the protesters camped on their doorstep.

But when they speak privately, it is often a different story.

“Most people view it as a ragtag group looking for sex, drugs and rock ’n’ roll,” said one top hedge fund manager.

“It’s not a middle-class uprising,” adds another veteran bank executive. “It’s fringe groups. It’s people who have the time to do this.”

As the Occupy Wall Street demonstrations have grown and spread to other cities, an open question is: Do the bankers get it? Their different worldview speaks volumes about the wide chasms that have opened over who is to blame for the continuing economic malaise and what is best for the country.

Ah yes the people that have the time... That'll be the unemployed that have lost their jobs to your perpetual greed then....

Although I'm not surprised by this these are the same people who saw no risk in subprime just profit.

HOLA448

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/15/business/in-private-conversation-wall-street-is-more-critical-of-protesters.html?_r=1&ref=business

Ah yes the people that have the time... That'll be the unemployed that have lost their jobs to your perpetual greed then....

Although I'm not surprised by this these are the same people who saw no risk in subprime just profit.

there was no risk in subprime for them, remember the govt regulated it away years ago via limited liability, still im sure more govt regulation (read govt picking winners and losers) will do the trick, what with the multibillion lobbying industry willing to spend that much

HOLA449

http://uk.reuters.co...E79E11V20111015

Civil unrest getting closer?

5h1t XFactor is on tonite can we reorganise?

Are we getting closer to the point where someone is going to lynch a banker?

Queue's outside Apple and phone shops today for new iPhone 4. Revolution postponed.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Queue's outside Apple and phone shops today for new iPhone 4. Revolution postponed.

I forgot about that. Seemes like a damp squib. None of the usual pomp and circumstance about a new revolutionary product.

Not heard on the news about protests in London either. Did they go ahead?

BBC site just has one line

At least 1,000 people demonstrated in London's financial district but were prevented by police from reaching the Stock Exchange.

Why is it legal to stop a group marching to a location? Seems OTT and totalitarian to stop a protest.

HOLA4412

Why is it legal to stop a group marching to a location? Seems OTT and totalitarian to stop a protest.

Why are you surprised, the UK is already a police state and has been for quite a while. Blame all those police state laws that the last three labour governments created (and that the tories did not abolish). Did you expect an official announcement that you now live in a police state?

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Some police are bullies. No kidding. Some of them just like a good ruck. I saw it at the G20 riots (which incidentally were a complete damp squib of under 14's running amok). I saw them turned on by the prospect of hitting (mouthy) teenagers with their truncheons.

So they have to provoke it.

The Stock Exchange is closed on Saturdays, so there's no real threat to commerce (the City is a ghost town at weekends). They're just being awkward in the hope of provoking some violence, is my best guess. Mind you, there's a lot of teenagers who also want to fight, so it doesn't take much.

HOLA4415

Why are you surprised, the UK is already a police state and has been for quite a while. Blame all those police state laws that the last three labour governments created (and that the tories did not abolish). Did you expect an official announcement that you now live in a police state?

You are right about Nu Lab being serial legislators but wrong about them enacting laws stopping people going to protests. No need. The Tories got there first and used the power widely to stop bus loads of miners attending striking pits in support. Knowing your recent history on such matters prevents the "Gordon Brown did it" knee jerk. They are all the same...but starting with Thatcher and Regan (see Noam Chomsky for details)

HOLA4416

Some police are bullies. No kidding. Some of them just like a good ruck. I saw it at the G20 riots (which incidentally were a complete damp squib of under 14's running amok). I saw them turned on by the prospect of hitting (mouthy) teenagers with their truncheons.

So they have to provoke it.

The Stock Exchange is closed on Saturdays, so there's no real threat to commerce (the City is a ghost town at weekends). They're just being awkward in the hope of provoking some violence, is my best guess. Mind you, there's a lot of teenagers who also want to fight, so it doesn't take much.

So the answer is fill your barricades with folk who like a good ruck too. Cannon fodder is an absolute essential. I don't care if they understand the reason...black or white, the cat is alright if it catches mice.

Archived