• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443

Hilarious video of a clueless protester outlining his demands

Proteser wants free stuff but can't explain why

Ask 100 different protestors why they are protesting and you'll get 100 different answers, but you can be sure that a common thread is the behaviour of the banks and the bailouts they received. It shows how poorly educated the masses are in respect of banking and how poorly developed the vocabulary is for them to express their indignance.

Until the crisis broke you simply never even heard high quality news and factual media mention fractional reserve banking, mortgage backed securities or credit default swaps, let alone the ordinary man or woman in the street.

What is needed is a one stop shop - ideally a website - where ordinary people, in particular protestors, can find the resources on the subject matter speedily.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

I consider all these 'occupy city XXX' events a total failure. A few hundred turn up from a population of several million in each country, what does that say?

It says that most of us actually have it quite good, despite cooked inflation figures, government corruption and the greed of the financial sector. If we truly are in a state of abject poverty or have no hope for the future, we'd feel we have nothing to lose and would join in these protests. As it is, most of us are working and haven't got the time, or can't afford a few days or weeks in jail.

Anyone who remember the anti war protests before 2003 will remember that millions who made the effort to travel to London to protest were completely ignored. Why should a few hundred make a difference? They won't, unless they emulate the recent riots and torch the place. Far better, if you think the powers that be are ignoring us, is to go down to the bank and take your cash out and either put it under the floor boards, convert it into gold or at the very least, move it into a building society account. That will have a far greater impact, but I doubt it is something that enough will do to make a difference. A recent action along these lines failed miserably.

I agree with you, if everyone everywhere lost all their deposits, then the kick off would start, until then it won`t. No more loans for me, and live within my earnings, wear clothes until they fall apart (remember a child probably sweated for peanuts somewhere to make them?) and cook from scratch. If everyone did the same, bankers wouldn`t be making much bonus?

Edited by dances with sheeple

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

St Pauls now telling em all to Eff Off! :lol:

http://www.bbc.co.uk...ngland-15380205

Meanwhile in the Commons, MP for Harrow east Bob Blackman called for benefits to be stripped from protesters outside St Paul's.

I think protesters and their family should also be barred from using NHS services. And A levels should be denied to their children.

Nazi rule.

HOLA4418

I think protesters and their family should also be barred from using NHS services. And A levels should be denied to their children.

Nazi rule.

We should also send the brown shirts ... I mean the Met, to burn down their neighbours' houses. Communities need to be taught a lesson that they must choose their members more carefully.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421

Good god man, think of the effect on the pass rate!

They would just end up being ... *shivers* ... student protesters ... *shivers* ... anyway. This is a genetic disease you know. It's all been studied and proved by ... Malcom Rifkind.

450px-Malcolm_rifkind.JPG

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425