House Price Crash Forum

Another Dictator Bites The Dust: Libya Free

athom

HOLA441

Good news then, it didn't take as long as the sceptics predicted and i dare say our favourable position with the new Libyan leaders will see this investment in the area pay off in the long run.

Libya-flag-at-rally-in-Ge-007.jpg

Assad next then, or Algeria perhaps

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442

Good news then, it didn't take as long as the sceptics predicted and i dare say our favourable position with the new Libyan leaders will see this investment in the area pay off in the long run.

I hope you are being sarcastic, because otherwise this must be the most naive post I have seen here in a long time...

HOLA443
HOLA444

There will be a UN mission to see them through to elections.

Based on past experience, I would assume the bloodshed hasn't even started properly yet. The in-fighting between rebels is generally much worse when they haven't got a common enemy and they all try to grab for as much power as possible.

HOLA445

I hope you are being sarcastic, because otherwise this must be the most naive post I have seen here in a long time...

that's a big insult thanks, and you don't even give me the courtesy of a detailed explanation to prove my naivety. You don't think that our essential intervention will help our oil contracts to continue? I can't imagine where you are coming from though on previous posts i can guess it'll be well tangential.

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

There will be a UN mission to see them through to elections.

Based on past experience, I would assume the bloodshed hasn't even started properly yet. The in-fighting between rebels is generally much worse when they haven't got a common enemy and they all try to grab for as much power as possible.

Which irrelevant conflict are you talking about because so far the only comparable situations are Tunisia and Egypt where no such thing has occurred.

So far we're 3 for 3 posts showing the great work done by western anit-Islam and anti-arab democracy propagandists of yesteryear telling you to believe Arabs can't be allowed self determination because they'll just implode in a blood bath and women abuse because "that's just how they are" so we need to support the dictators who we just happen to have really sweet oil deals with and an easy life re:Israel.

A bit of healthy scepticism lacking

edit spelling

HOLA449

compared to the rest of the Arab world he most certainly was

So you are seriously mourning the passing of Gaddafi because he was some small fraction more equal in his oppression of men and women than say the Saudi dictators? Do you not think all the Gaddafis and Sauds should be got rid of or should it only be in order of oppressiveness to women? Struggling to understand your thinking on this.

HOLA4410

I didnt suggest that Gadaffi was a fluffy bunny but he did set in place rights for women that dont exist

elsewhere in many Arab states. An installation of a more conservative Islamic govt will be a backward step

and from what I can see the rebels are inspired by sharia and all the ills that brings

HOLA4411

I didnt suggest that Gadaffi was a fluffy bunny but he did set in place rights for women that dont exist

elsewhere in many Arab states

so you're comparing life under different dictatorships, not very useful when pre-judging what life in an Arab democracy will be like.

The prejudice is so ingrained, i forget sometimes. :rolleyes:

HOLA4412

elsewhere in many Arab states. An installation of a more conservative Islamic govt will be a backward step

and from what I can see the rebels are inspired by sharia and all the ills that brings

you know almost nothing about sharia, it's a huge subject that you cannot learn by casual observation and listening to propagandists.

HOLA4413

so you're comparing life under different dictatorships, not very useful when pre-judging what life in an Arab democracy will be like.

Sarf Morocco vs their (genocidal tendency) Royalty in the North then?

HOLA4414

there is no prejudice just extreme doubt as to what will replace the last ruler

if it is a true democracy that recognises and installs rights for all then I welcome it

if its a case of out of the frying pan then I dont

were not all DM readers on here

HOLA4415

you know almost nothing about sharia, it's a huge subject that you cannot learn by casual observation and listening to propagandists.

and you know "absolutely" nothing about who I am and what I know

dont dress sharia up as a social local law to stand in judgement of minor issues

it includes some of the most barbaric punishments on the planet that if adopted in the west

would set back all we have fought and suffered for over many generations

HOLA4416

there is no prejudice just extreme doubt as to what will replace the last ruler

if it is a true democracy that recognises and installs rights for all then I welcome it

if its a case of out of the frying pan then I dont

were not all DM readers on here

i can't understand where your doubt could come from other than propaganda and prejudice. I can understand if you had a sense of the unknown though because in our lifetime we have very little comparable to go by. The only real experience of north Africans i hear about tends to be people who have been there on holiday who practically all come away with the impression of very civil, hospitable, kind and generous people, mature people, this is because they are Muslims not despite it or because some mad dictator instils it in them. Your perspective problem like that of most in the west is because you don't have any in-depth knowledge of what Islam does for a person or you'd not be afraid of it. You give a bunch of Muslims democracy and yes it's very likely they'll vote for people who value Islam as a source of guidance just as the voters do individually. Hardly surprising or a cause for concern if you knew more about it.

HOLA4417

and you know "absolutely" nothing about who I am and what I know

no really i can guess. But if you have some in depth knowledge that you're hiding, maybe some qualification in Sharia law or middle east history let me know. I'm waiting for Compound Kurt to get into this some time soon :lol: He knows everything about life outside his compound you know.

dont dress sharia up as a social local law to stand in judgement of minor issues

it includes some of the most barbaric punishments on the planet that if adopted in the west

would set back all we have fought and suffered for over many generations

there we go, there's that in depth knowledge. Didn't take long to get to the end of it. From what i'm told by Saudi's i know no one has even heard of anyone losing a hand for theft there because the threat is so effective there is almost no theft. Funny that, the milder the threatened punishment the more punishment ends up being meted out and the more crimes committed against the law abiding. If the threat is really terrible you never need to actually do it (maybe once a century i guess) and you reduce minor punishments and crime in one swoop. You see even this issue is quite complicated but there is MUCH more to sharia than you know, you must agree surely.

hey i guess it's good that you're not automatically assuming they'll be terrorists though, unless that was your next accusation.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

i guess the refugees in Europe can go home now?

Some will want to, doesn't look like much fun sitting on Lampedusa. But I expect many people who have recently been supporting Gaddafi against the people will be heading this way if they can. There's bound to be some round ups but i dare say they'll probably be reasonably magnanimous in victory, that's the guidance offered by Islam anyway and according to 1888 they are very much intent on following Islam.

HOLA4420

Which irrelevant conflict are you talking about because so far the only comparable situations are Tunisia and Egypt where no such thing has occurred.

In fact, Tunisia and Egypt aren't comaprable situations as it wasn't many factions taking over.

I'll give you 3 comparable situations of the top of my head where a government has been removed and the resulting power struggle has cost many lives;

Iraq

Arghanistan

South Sudan (Just starting at the minute now the referendum has been completed and the country has been formed).

So far we're 3 for 3 posts showing the great work done by western anit-Islam and anti-arab democracy propagandists of yesteryear telling you to believe Arabs can't be allowed self determination because they'll just implode in a blood bath and women abuse because "that's just how they are" so we need to support the dictators who we just happen to have really sweet oil deals with and an easy life re:Israel.

A bit of healthy scepticism lacking

edit spelling

Taking that from my post shows more about the chip on your shoulder and your biased outlook than it does about mine. Put it back in the deck.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Archived