HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

RBS down about 96% on the price I paid for them in 2006

That';s the worst 500 quid investment I ever made. It's so s**t it's funny :lol:

Royal Bank of Sh1t.

I'm amazed Her Majesty still allows them to use her assent. Silly woman.

That Spanish bloke from Santander that the BoE put in charge of Lloyds has been rubbish too.

Lloyds off 50% since April. Must be due a Knighthood!

http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=LLOY.L&p=D&b=5&g=0&id=p69022848846

Edited by Red Knight

HOLA449

RBS down about 96% on the price I paid for them in 2006

That';s the worst 500 quid investment I ever made. It's so s**t it's funny :lol:

A lot of long term staff were encouraged to put a chunk of their pay packet into RBS shares.. even as the crisis unfolded in 2008. Main source of saving wiped out for many.

HOLA4410

Do the government have to wait for queues outside, or is there a stop limit on the share price before they take the extra 16%?

If they had to take over RBS would they have to do Lloyds at the same time? Surely Lloyds would drop off a cliff so it would be BOGOF?

Iirc the shares were suspended at 11p last time.

HOLA4411

A lot of long term staff were encouraged to put a chunk of their pay packet into RBS shares.. even as the crisis unfolded in 2008. Main source of saving wiped out for many.

I was taken in with a few people saying "the bank shares go up by a bit more than the interest rates"....that was the last shares I ever bought.

I still have my allocation, they aren't worth selling.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

There were days where almost entire departments were all frantically calling up to open up share dealing accounts because they were 'cheap' as they dipped below one pound per share. A few were asked why exactly one pound was cheap and what logic/reasoning there was behding that ? The response from all was along the lines of 'They are so cheap they will go back up and I will make money'

One bloke persuaded his mum to put in £50k of her life savings. I do not think this was an isoltaed event.

Don't ask how I know this. ;)

HOLA4415

What can they do tho? The gov. already owns 90% ish of RBS. In sone ways is RBS not one of the safest bets??

Not if they take the other 10% too. Like northern rock and B&B. They will pay you £0.00 to take them off your hands.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

There were days where almost entire departments were all frantically calling up to open up share dealing accounts because they were 'cheap' as they dipped below one pound per share. A few were asked why exactly one pound was cheap and what logic/reasoning there was behding that ? The response from all was along the lines of 'They are so cheap they will go back up and I will make money'

One bloke persuaded his mum to put in £50k of her life savings. I do not think this was an isoltaed event.

Don't ask how I know this. ;)

:o

Jesus.

HOLA4418

:o

Jesus.

There was one afternoon where literally nothing was done. Everyone was on the phone desperately trying to buy up as many of these cheap shares as they could. Classic shoe shine boy moment.

You won't find many of them telling other people about it today though...

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421