House Price Crash Forum

Gold strategy in the current economy

HOLA441
HOLA442

The guy before me brought up BTC and I merely responded. 

OCDs r Us.  I mean U. 

Oh dear the thread police are out. 

NOW I recall why I muted you.

Edited by Killer Bunny

HOLA443

You are responsible for your posts, nobody else.
Whatever happened to good old fashioned "Don't feed the trolls"
Nee Naw, Nee Naw, Nee Naw..._

Wow Killer Bunny, nearly 8 Billion people on the planet, and you choose me for your ignorant list. Thankyou..._

Edited by DiggerUK

HOLA444

I brought it up as a person previously asked what could cause real price discovery in gold again. 

technology killed gold price discovery, but technology will return it. 

I think I’m more bullish on gold than bitcoin as the powers that be will do anything to avoid losing control 

HOLA445
1 hour ago, DiggerUK said:

Killer Bunny, there isa pinned thread for Bitcoin, this is a Gold Thread, why are you constantly trying to wreck the thread..._

Yeah Killer Bunny there is a time and a place... your killing this thread. 

HOLA446
HOLA447
36 minutes ago, DiggerUK said:

Your comments on gold are appropriate on a gold thread. Your abusive comments aren't..._

But for goodness sake, discussions do (must?) branch off in interesting, or not, directions??

Why do things happen?....Why compare differences between assets?......how to measure the value of those different assets....... Can those values be corrupted somehow....... are these thing possible??.......

.......... and some want to stop this discussion because it fails to adhere to some direct A to B path???..........

.........utter utter madness.

HOLA448

FORUM RULES  (not DiggerUK's rules)

Moderators and administrators monitor your compliance with these rules and dispense disciplinary action at their discretion.

• No posting of vulgar or obscene material, or other inappropriate or illegal material.
  • No posting of someone's personal details, i.e. name address, email address etc.
  • Please refrain from using swear words in posts.
  • No posting of copyrighted material (or links to copyrighted material such as torrent sites). THIS INCLUDES COPYING AND PASTING NEWS ARTICLES FROM NEWS WEBSITES.
  • All content posted by you will become the property of housepricecrash.co.uk. We reserve the right to check any private messages between posters for reasons of site security.
  • No derogatory comments against others, including slurs based on race, religion, gender, sexual preference, or political affiliation. No personal threats or harassment.
  • Always treat fellow posters with respect and courtesy.
  • No business offers or advertising of any kind.
  • You must not have a name or avatar that is very similar to an existing member to avoid any confusion.
  • You may only register one User ID. Multiple IDs are not allowed.
  • ID's must not advertise a website e.g. mysite.co.uk.
  • No impersonation of other users.
  • No irritating posting styles, including use of all caps and excessive punctuation.
  • Discussion must be on-topic only. If there is no board where a subject belongs, post it in the "Off Topic" section or contact a moderator or administrator and ask where to post the thread.
  • Responses within a thread must remain "on topic" to that thread. The mods will exercise discretion and will delete posts within a thread that appear to "invade" the thread or digress from its subject and is not up for discussion.
  • You are responsible for ensuring that you comply with any copyright with regards to published material and your avatar.
  • To report a rule violation in a board post, click "Report this Post" to inform a moderator
  • DiggerUK is not a moderator
Edited by DiggerUK

HOLA449

OK Digger , But you don't need to jump on every instance or every comment going slightly off topic. It happens on a forum surely you know this by now ...

We are smart enough to bring it back on topic without you constantly jumping on users... By doing so you're discouraging users from posting in here  and that is a shame IMO.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
5 minutes ago, Warlord said:

OK Digger , But you don't need to jump on every instance or every comment going slightly off topic. It happens on a forum surely you know this by now .....We are smart enough to bring it back on topic without you constantly jumping on users... By doing so you're discouraging users from posting in here  and that is a shame IMO.

Rules are rules. It's sticking to those rules that has kept the gold thread pinned on the main board all this time. Abiding by those rules will keep it here.
I will not hesitate for one moment in defending this thread..._

HOLA4412
15 minutes ago, Warlord said:

OK Digger , But you don't need to jump on every instance or every comment going slightly off topic. It happens on a forum surely you know this by now ...

We are smart enough to bring it back on topic without you constantly jumping on users... By doing so you're discouraging users from posting in here  and that is a shame IMO.

I've been penalised by the owners of the site.  I have been uber bullish gold and  miners.  I responded to one guy about an off topic that he raised and others said I was destroying the thread.  I just can't. ?

I can tell you, from this experience, one day I shall delete my account.  Not soon but it is likely.

I own and run a professional practice, that I founded over 15 years ago.  I am in the national media and have been for 13 years.  I have enormous experience in markets and, indeed, expertise.  If egotistical (look up what it means) idiots want to be cry like babies with me then they and everyone else will hear nothing further from me.  If that is what they want then they are heading in the right direction.

HOLA4413
16 minutes ago, Killer Bunny said:

I've been penalised by the owners of the site.  I have been uber bullish gold and  miners.  I responded to one guy about an off topic that he raised and others said I was destroying the thread.  I just can't. ?

I can tell you, from this experience, one day I shall delete my account.  Not soon but it is likely.............

Then accept that rules are rules. If you want to be "über bullish gold and miners" then this is as good a thread as any to post on.

Nobody is made to participate on HPC by force, we stay or leave of our own free will.
But whilst here I accept the rules,  you are expected to do the same..._

HOLA4414
33 minutes ago, DiggerUK said:

Then accept that rules are rules. If you want to be "über bullish gold and miners" then this is as good a thread as any to post on.

Nobody is made to participate on HPC by force, we stay or leave of our own free will.
But whilst here I accept the rules,  you are expected to do the same..._

So, to make a perfectly reasonable observation about gold value in terms of say btc per oz would risk a banning??..... it's clearly off topic?

A moderator's input would be really helpful here.

HOLA4415
1 hour ago, Killer Bunny said:

I can tell you, from this experience, one day I shall delete my account.  Not soon but it is likely.

I own and run a professional practice, that I founded over 15 years ago.  I am in the national media and have been for 13 years.  I have enormous experience in markets and, indeed, expertise.  If egotistical (look up what it means) idiots want to be cry like babies with me then they and everyone else will hear nothing further from me.  If that is what they want then they are heading in the right direction.

I'm sure from the brief postings and debates i've had with your that your not going to be intimidated by some self appointed mod 

However I worry about other users being put off . We need fresh blood and i'm afraid if Digger continues his ways they will never take part.

HOLA4416
4 minutes ago, cnick said:

So, to make a perfectly reasonable observation about gold value in terms of say btc per oz would risk a banning??..... it's clearly off topic? A moderator's input would be really helpful here.

A moderators input  is not needed, all that is required is a considerate decision.

Hopefully this carry on can be accepted as being decided on which way we go from here..._

HOLA4417
5 minutes ago, Killer Bunny said:

That Digger person makes up his own rules or else he would apply them to all 'deviants'.  GFY Digger.  If / when I get banned from this site, blame the likes of Digger, the anonymous guys who would love to rule humanity. Because of people like them the economy was locked down and destroyed.  Because of people like them Hitler got power.

I did not make up the rules on HPC, I just asked moderators to consider applying  those rules.

They have done so..._

HOLA4418
2 hours ago, DiggerUK said:

FORUM RULES  (not DiggerUK's rules)

Moderators and administrators monitor your compliance with these rules and dispense disciplinary action at their discretion.

• No irritating posting styles, including use of all caps and excessive punctuation.
  • DiggerUK is not a moderator

"On occasion" - your posting style could be described as passive-aggressive bullying, which irritates other members. In my opinion - the biggest risk to this thread is the conflict and in-fighting you sometimes bring to this thread. Your style of "defending" this thread, may very well cause it to be banished to a sub-forum. I believe everyone makes an effort to keep the subject on topic and of course if people wonder off too far, a "gentle" reminder is welcome. In the interest of keeping this thread harmonious and pinned, please be more tolerant and less acrimonious. 

HOLA4419

Right.  FUBRA have deleted a second post of mine. Do it again FUBRA and I delete my account. 

You have no idea.  You don't even use Twitter to publicise yourself. Hilarious.  You use outdated, cheap equipment so your site is the slowest i know of.

As if I care whether or not I can post on this website forum.  I left in 2009 and I came back for a short while then left again a few years ago.  happy to leave permanently if that is what you want.  You understand business and earning money, do you?

Anyone can find me on Twitter for useful and freely-given information. 

Slightly changed the post and reposting:

"That Digger person makes up his own rules or else he would apply them to all 'deviants'.  How dare you Digger?! If / when I get banned from this site, blame the likes of Digger - the anonymous guys who would love to rule humanity. Because of people like them the economy was locked down and destroyed.  Because of people like them Hitler got power."

HOLA4420
27 minutes ago, warpig said:

"On occasion" - your posting style could be described as passive-aggressive bullying, which irritates other members. In my opinion - the biggest risk to this thread is the conflict and in-fighting you sometimes bring to this thread. Your style of "defending" this thread, may very well cause it to be banished to a sub-forum. I believe everyone makes an effort to keep the subject on topic and of course if people wonder off too far, a "gentle" reminder is welcome. In the interest of keeping this thread harmonious and pinned, please be more tolerant and less acrimonious. 

You say it better than I do... we don't want to scare people off!

HOLA4421
1 hour ago, warpig said:

"On occasion" ! my posting language is always parliamentary. I play the ball within the rules.

If that "irritates" then treat what I say as me exercising my right to use 'poetic licence'. But as the man said, "most people ******ing hate poetry (a brilliant movie.....one day I'll read the book, hopefully)

I believe too many posters make a constant effort to go off topic on a regular and provocative basis. "Gentle reminders" have failed. As to me being "more tolerant and less acrimonious" the abuse has been directed at me, and continues to be..._

HOLA4422

Roman Roady told me that they cannot understand how any one here can be offended by what another poster writes, even if its about them.

This isn't social media and we are all anonymous avatars!

Roman Roady says that they have never seen anything offensive here but if you don't like it, don't read any more and ignore.

HOLA4423
16 minutes ago, Roman Roady said:

Roman Roady told me that they cannot understand how any one here can be offended by what another poster writes, even if its about them.This isn't social media and we are all anonymous avatars!Roman Roady says that they have never seen anything offensive here but if you don't like it, don't read any more and ignore.

Well, Roman Roady doesn't make the rules, HPC does. The rules are their rules and rules are rules.

Such activity will not attract new posters, especially if they don't know how to stand up to such bombastic aversion to being "gently reminded"..._

HOLA4424
20 minutes ago, DiggerUK said:

"On occasion" ! my posting language is always parliamentary. I play the ball within the rules.

If that "irritates" then treat what I say as me exercising my right to use 'poetic licence'. But as the man said, "most people ******ing hate poetry (a brilliant movie.....one day I'll read the book, hopefully)

I believe too many posters make a constant effort to go off topic on a regular and provocative basis. "Gentle reminders" have failed. As to me being "more tolerant and less acrimonious" the abuse has been directed at me, and continues to be..._

I know I shouldn't.........

........DiggerUK.....how would you deal with with anyone who mentioned the term the valuation bitcoin / oz gold?.......which, in your interpretation of the rules, is obviously, off topic? 

HOLA4425
14 minutes ago, cnick said:

I know I shouldn't...............DiggerUK.....how would you deal with with anyone who mentioned the term the valuation bitcoin / oz gold?.......which, in your interpretation of the rules, is obviously, off topic? 

Common sense, and the thread topic being entitled "Gold Strategy in the Current Economy" provides you with the answer you seek..._

Edit, and as this palaver finally gets sorted out, the pog in the current economy is tickling its all time GBP high..._

Edited by DiggerUK