House Price Crash Forum

Gold strategy in the current economy

HOLA441
22 minutes ago, Warlord said:

1,807!

This is insane! 

What should I do with my spare cash ? Any advice ?

Insane?  A bit strong.  Why insane?

Have you not been buying miners, which have doubled while Gold gone up ~30%?

HOLA442
HOLA443
Just now, Locke said:

I strongly believe it only works (when it does) because everyone else is using it.

It works if a) you understand it and b) you take appropriate action, depending on your risk profile, timescale, objectives etc.

It can be for 60 year charts or 60 minute charts.

HOLA444
HOLA445
10 hours ago, Killer Bunny said:

Insane?  A bit strong.  Why insane?

Have you not been buying miners, which have doubled while Gold gone up ~30%?

I have been buying  physical since 2013 .. every month nearly. 

I am not in the stock market but now looking to invest 

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Why Gold etc did you ask?

Beautiful:

“When gold/gold stocks are all over the Robinhood top 25 list, when generalist investors are interested in buying gold/gold stocks, when my models suggest gold is overpriced, when they can’t stop talking about gold on CNBC, that’s when I’d be interested in selling.”

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
On 30/06/2020 at 17:08, Killer Bunny said:

Needs to break and close >1810/15 to head to 1900+

1810 touched.  If closes above 1800 then 1900 this month, probably.

I'd say if closes > 1810, then almost certain.

Juniors should do 25-50%. This month.

HOLA4415
On 07/07/2020 at 19:37, Killer Bunny said:

1810 touched.  If closes above 1800 then 1900 this month, probably.

I'd say if closes > 1810, then almost certain.

Juniors should do 25-50%. This month.

Gold seems solidly above 1800 now.

So where do you think the next stop is for gold?

Above $1900?

or back below $1800?

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
19 hours ago, Killer Bunny said:

One step at a time.  Around 1900 then consider.

I think $1900 is doable in a fairly short timeframe,but there's a shedload of resistance there around $1900-1950(2012 high).

I wouldn't expect that to be broken at the first attempt...very likely a reasonable pullback maybe to $1700 or so.

after that I think gold will be pounding on the door to break higher,and will most likely do so considerably to quite insane values within 2 years.

$3000 is conservative, if MSM and joe public get behind it-late to the party as always..  then it will go parabolic to a couple of multiples of that!

HOLA4418
1 hour ago, oracle said:

I think $1900 is doable in a fairly short timeframe,but there's a shedload of resistance there around $1900-1950(2012 high).

I wouldn't expect that to be broken at the first attempt...very likely a reasonable pullback maybe to $1700 or so.

after that I think gold will be pounding on the door to break higher,and will most likely do so considerably to quite insane values within 2 years.

$3000 is conservative, if MSM and joe public get behind it-late to the party as always..  then it will go parabolic to a couple of multiples of that!

like i said before,i have a theory bitcoin/crypto is being used as arbitrage to take the heat out of this market, if something happens to make it a bit less "digital gold"..ie an internet outage or china's REAL declaration of gold holdings-in tandem with worldwide outrage at something military uncle sam has just done(ahem..iran),then I would expect the market manipulation to cease in a pretty dramatic way,and gold would be where it ought to be- which is circa $20-25k/oz

HOLA4419
5 hours ago, oracle said:

like i said before,i have a theory bitcoin/crypto is being used as arbitrage to take the heat out of this market, if something happens to make it a bit less "digital gold"..ie an internet outage or china's REAL declaration of gold holdings-in tandem with worldwide outrage at something military uncle sam has just done(ahem..iran),then I would expect the market manipulation to cease in a pretty dramatic way,and gold would be where it ought to be- which is circa $20-25k/oz

if gold remains underpriced and suppressed then bitcoin will moon

But it’s better the devil you know (and can control), thus the powers that be will let good fly before bitcoin can moon, it’s better to let gold fly (killing bitcoin or at least setting back 30 years) then at a later date gold can be underpriced and suppressed again. 

the problem is, can the current system survive real gold pricing? will they keep it down for as long as possible, and thus Bitcoin becomes good 2.0, but that might be in 30-50 years time, so perhaps those in power won’t care too much about tomorrow’s problem. 

given everything that is going on, good could do very well at the end of this year, it’s not looking good for the economy, to fight off a real market crash they will have to keep exponentially printing, they might even expanding the printing to every day people, stimulus cheques, bigger and bigger amounts, anything to prevent any £ price falls (masking deflation in assets with inflation in £)

bitcoin is watching gold closet, generally it’s the same buyers, those frustrated with golds suppression load up on bitcoin, together they will break through the price suppression one way or another! 

HOLA4420

"the problem is, can the current system survive real gold pricing"

Yes, that is obvious because it is exactly what is happening, attempts at manipulation get exposed by the market in short order.

This conspiranoid  fantasy has never had credibility, look at current prices. The pog is what it is due to the market deciding that is the price, not a failed conspiracy to keep the price down..._

From the World Gold Council

"Gold-backed ETFs (gold ETFs) recorded their seventh consecutive month of positive flows, adding 104 tonnes (t) in June....."

Edited by DiggerUK

HOLA4421

Of course PMs are manipulated. The Bullion Banks have been doing it for decades.

More recently they've had huge shorts on, and continue to fight the strength of the advances.  Hence the fight around 1800US$.

But they are finally losing the fight.  Even JPM will have to go long soon, after being massively short for 'ever'.

HOLA4422
1 hour ago, Killer Bunny said:

.Of course PMs are manipulated. The Bullion Banks have been doing it for decades.

More recently they've had huge shorts on, and continue to fight the strength of the advances.  Hence the fight around 1800US$.

But they are finally losing the fight.  Even JPM will have to go long soon, after being massively short for 'ever'.

But what will / might cause them to lose this fight?......what exactly are they selling when short?........gold? .......or just paper claims of gold ownership??...... why can't they just 'print' more and more paper claims......without limit?

....... so many questions.. so much to learn...... apologies 

HOLA4423
3 hours ago, cnick said:
  On 26/03/2020 at 09:18, DiggerUK said:

. Then there is the constant wailing against silver price manipulation.......evidence for that?...zero.

.....is possible?

Yes, it's very possible you are up to no good. If you want to discuss with anybody on the silver thread then discuss there. Don't lift on to the gold thread here..._

HOLA4424
54 minutes ago, cnick said:

But what will / might cause them to lose this fight?......what exactly are they selling when short?........gold? .......or just paper claims of gold ownership??...... why can't they just 'print' more and more paper claims......without limit?

....... so many questions.. so much to learn...... apologies 

they will always win until you can prove who has ownership, so there is a ledger, that everyone can see.

Thus anyone trying to move a market with paper claims, which are not backed up by real gold, can be seen as the frauds that they are.
At the moment, if you dare to be too bullish on gold, then the need to sell when someone is threatening to put a huge amount on sale (even if its fake paper gold) might prevent you from sticking to your guns. As no-one takes real delivery there is no real price discovery, and that over time prevents gold from acting like a true value store, as the 'gold always goes up' idea is broken, and it has been broken for years, it should be way way higher given how rare it is, and how much funny money is being printed. 

Hence why bitcoin is 'better' as it has an open ledger and is a store of value. Unlike gold everyone can see if the huge sale is real or not. It wont suffer from the paper manipulation that gold does.

hence why you should hold both, one will win out as a value store.

i think gold will, and those who manipulate it has a vested interest in keeping a value store as one that you can actually control, so if letting it moon for a short period is what they need, they can do that to kill off bitcoin as a value store, then manipulate it back down again after that threat is gone 

HOLA4425