House Price Crash Forum

This Is How Narfed The Uk Economy Is

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

There were dozens of illegal Brits on the island in the windies we lived on (which I will not name so do not bother to PM me) and when I visited California towards the end of the 90s recession in 94, I was told by a US INS colleague (I was UK immigration officer then) that there were an estimated 10,000 illegal Brits working behind the bars and eateries of Santa Monica alone.

Thousands of Brits are illegally bumming around or working in Oz, NZ, Canada, Florida and so on. When I worked at Heathrow we used to be informed by the airlines of Brit deportees being flown back in advance, and we used to point them out to Special Branch for a "little chat in a side room" to try to find out if they had been up to anything overly naughty.

If only we could export all our scrounging feckless crimino-chavs and replace them with hard working honest foreigners, all our problems would be solved.

HOLA445

There were dozens of illegal Brits on the island in the windies we lived on (which I will not name so do not bother to PM me) and when I visited California towards the end of the 90s recession in 94, I was told by a US INS colleague (I was UK immigration officer then) that there were an estimated 10,000 illegal Brits working behind the bars and eateries of Santa Monica alone.

Thousands of Brits are illegally bumming around or working in Oz, NZ, Canada, Florida and so on. When I worked at Heathrow we used to be informed by the airlines of Brit deportees being flown back in advance, and we used to point them out to Special Branch for a "little chat in a side room" to try to find out if they had been up to anything overly naughty.

If only we could export all our scrounging feckless crimino-chavs and replace them with hard working honest foreigners, all our problems would be solved.

.... watching the girlies on roller blades dancing on Santa Monica Boulevard to Ice Ice Baby... finding out that `Jolt Cola wasn`t an urban myth and finding out why the cop cars had `tills` in them..... ah happy days

HOLA446

My link

Precis, British people found illegally working hot food stalls in China. Which is rather ironic don't you think?

Where's the story Ken? There's only a photo at your link...

Edit.

Don't worry Ken I've found it! Seems to be one brit and several Frenchmen (see other story) though.

Strange...

http://www.chinasmack.com/2011/pictures/british-egg-fried-rice-at-shanghai-tongji-university.html

Edited by council dweller

HOLA447

most of the foreigners coming in,I don't doubt,are extremely hard working.

You just need to be a little more discerning on who they are working hard for.

all is not quite as it seems.

HOLA448
HOLA449

Where's the story Ken? There's only a photo at your link...

Edit.

Don't worry Ken I've found it! Seems to be one brit and several Frenchmen (see other story) though.

Strange...

http://www.chinasmac...university.html

From the comments:

法式薄饼已经被查封了”>The French crepes [stand] has already been shut down.

It’s said because foreign students studying in China do not have work visas

and cannot operate a business. ico41.gif

:rolleyes:

Who new the enlightened East was run by UKIP like facist/racist authorities...

HOLA4410
Guest tbatst2000

My link

Precis, British people found illegally working hot food stalls in China. Which is rather ironic don't you think?

I assume there's a story with some detail in Chinese to go with the picture?

HOLA4411

From the comments:

Maybe it's revenge, afterall in Shanghai pre-war they did have a sign on a park gate saying no dogs or Chinese*.

*actually they didn't but the fact was that those were the park rules!

HOLA4412

:lol:

+ 1

Very good post. :)

HOLA4413

Yes , alot of these illegal brits work up north in the fruit/vegetable growing regions near the fitzroy and murchison rivers (in Western Australia anyway).Earning 8 dollars cash per hour picking watermelons and putting them into a slow moving truck all day.Bloody hard work.

HOLA4414

From the comments:

It isn't, you need a licence to run such stalls, its like HK in the 1980s, illegal hot food stalls were everywhere. When somebody shouted police are coming, people would leg it pushing their trollies away as quickly as possible.

The irony is how Brits are so vocal about migration to the UK but seem to think its OK for them to do exactly the same in other countries. I.e. the old student visa but really going ther eto work scam.

HOLA4415

It isn't, you need a licence to run such stalls, its like HK in the 1980s, illegal hot food stalls were everywhere. When somebody shouted police are coming, people would leg it pushing their trollies away as quickly as possible.

The irony is how Brits are so vocal about migration to the UK but seem to think its OK for them to do exactly the same in other countries. I.e. the old student visa but really going ther eto work scam.

You seem to know alot about it considering you never linked to an actual article just a single photograph.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

I have a friend that is currently working in aus who "hates the Polish for taking all the jobs in this country", he said this before he left.

HOLA4418

I have a friend that is currently working in aus who "hates the Polish for taking all the jobs in this country", he said this before he left.

Any basis to his claims though? have most of the jobs in his field been taken by immigrant workers?

If the answer is yes, and he found something else abroad rather than being on the dole in the UK, then I say good luck to him, at least he's trying to do something about his situation.

Pretty much the same thing happened to me, couldn't get work in the UK so found something out of it.

Edited by madpenguin

HOLA4419

Here is the blog post

http://www.chinasmack.com/2011/pictures/british-egg-fried-rice-at-shanghai-tongji-university.html

I cannot believe Ken is seriously suggesting that these are Brit migrant workers. They must be students earning pocket money/buggering about. Why would you do this when it is simple enough to get a language teaching gig?

I posted that at #6 yesterday, nice video at the bottom.

What are you suggesting? Are you suggesting that our Ken would have just posted a picture and then built a story around it!? How very, very dare you!!

Mind you, sometimes Ken is beyond our ken...