HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
  • 1 month later...
HOLA448

Friends mortgage has been turned down due to not being able to prove £35,000 p.a. earnings (Self employed sparky)

They are "******ing *****" for asking for proof of earnings. "They never used to."

I said nothing.

Edited by chronyx

HOLA449

today, 3 bedroom house in Ash Vale, desperate sale as it had fallen through, for £221,000.

I haven't seen it, he rang me.

So things are still moving...

without knowing whether it's a pokey terrace or a bungalow on a large plot, it's difficult to tell if this is good value or not

HOLA4410

without knowing whether it's a pokey terrace or a bungalow on a large plot, it's difficult to tell if this is good value or not

Terrace house on a Barratt estate. Pretty average I think, in all ways.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416

Friends mortgage has been turned down due to not being able to prove £35,000 p.a. earnings (Self employed sparky)

They are "******ing *****" for asking for proof of earnings. "They never used to."

I said nothing.

Well, surely all he has to do is provide copies of his past couple of tax returns? :rolleyes::unsure::lol:

;)

Edited by Tiger Woods?

HOLA4417

Bloke I work with has just very proudly told me that he's made an offer on a house he saw last night. He only started looking in the last couple of weeks, and this is the first one he viewed. He asked me yesterday if I thought now was a good time to buy, and I said no.

Fair enough, his choice, so I said "hope the offer you made was well under the asking price". He assured me it was.... £20k off the asking of £300k... Still trying to be positive, I asked if he'd checked the Land Registry to see what it last sold for. Oh yes, he has. Last sold for £230k in 2004, but "they've done loads to it since - new kitchen, new bathroom, and they've decorated".

I feel very depressed now. It's muppets like this that are keeping this bloody market afloat. You'd think he'd at least have tried to push it down to the stamp duty threshold. I think his only hope now is that the offer is rejected, or that the survey comes back and says it's worth a lot less.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419