House Price Crash Forum

Sky News Now

Reck B

HOLA441

Sweet baby moses ! the yanks are mental!

This celebration address is utterly twisted & insane beyond belief. What on ******ing gods earth is this about?

Life's a hollywood good vs evil blockbuster film to yanks isn't it?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442

Sweet baby moses ! the yanks are mental!

This celebration address is utterly twisted & insane beyond belief. What on ******ing gods earth is this about?

Life's a hollywood good vs evil blockbuster film to yanks isn't it?

If you judged the UK solely by the stuff our politicians say, do you think that would be a reliable indication of the character of the nation?

HOLA443
HOLA444

He's a retard.

Infact, most Americans are stupid retards. Fat, lazy and stupid.

Been there have you? I disagree. On that deduction, what would that make Bush then?

At least Obama seems (to me) to show that he understands the impact of what he says. George Dubble Ya seemed to make up soundbites as he went along.

HOLA445

If you judged the UK solely by the stuff our politicians say, do you think that would be a reliable indication of the character of the nation?

He's saying what he knows his countrymen want to hear.

America! ****** Yeh!

HOLA446

Been there have you? I disagree. On that deduction, what would that make Bush then?

At least Obama seems (to me) to show that he understands the impact of what he says. George Dubble Ya seemed to make up soundbites as he went along.

Never been there, and never want to.

They all seem a bit unstable at the moment.

HOLA447

Actually, I agree with your post.

HOLA448

You really hope he made it up as he went. With quality like this - there is no way it was rehearsed:

HOLA449

You know - when I watched the Americans trooping along to the 9/11 site to dance for joy at someone's death I thought it hugely ironic, slightly sickening and it played to my sense that the US as a nation is childlike and warlike.

Then someone pointed out to me that had we killed Hitler, we'd have done the same.

They have a point.

HOLA4410

He's a retard.

Infact, most Americans are stupid retards. Fat, lazy and stupid.

I'm English and live in Seattle. Not many of the Americans I've met are retarded, fat, lazy and stupid. Some are fit, most are hardworking and many are erudite. Over 40% of the Seattle population aged 25 years or over have a degree.

If you haven't visited America you really cannot comment. It would be better if you travelled the world a bit. It would broaden your mind and make you less likely to post vacuous statements.

HOLA4411

I'm English and live in Seattle. Not many of the Americans I've met are retarded, fat, lazy and stupid. Some are fit, most are hardworking and many are erudite. Over 40% of the Seattle population aged 25 years or over have a degree.

If you haven't visited America you really cannot comment. It would be better if you travelled the world a bit. It would broaden your mind and make you less likely to post vacuous statements.

+1

I've never understood why some people hold such ardent views on a place they've never even visited. :huh:

I've been to America on 4 occasions and echo your sentiments. When abroad I always make it a practice to have conversations with local ordinary people. What I've learnt is that a lifetime of being fed by the media often gives you a skewed view of how things really are and that once you strip away the garnish the average person in any country has the same hopes aspirations and general beliefs as the next man in any other country.

HOLA4412

I spend a lot of time in America. There are a lot of Americans who I like individually but I still find that I dislike the nation collectively.

HOLA4413

America needs to take a long hard look at itself, it is a mess. It is not the leader of the free world, it is not the keeper of democracy, it is not morally right.

Britain would not have danced in the streets had Hitler been assassinated, unless it meant the end of the war.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Reminds of all that silly celebrating we did after WW2, the collpase of the Berlin Wall and when we sank that Argy cruiser during the Falklands War.

What is it with people when they celebrate a victory over an enemy? Same sort of nonsense goes on with footy when one side's fans takes delight in the defeat of the other.

Weird and bizarre behaviour.

Hang on...................... :blink:

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

+1.

I lived there for more than 20 years and found 99.99% of Americans I met very friendly toward me and my country (England).

The rabid anti-Americanism on here is sickening. The level of ignorance of some people reflects why this country is known for its violent chavism and a crime rate that surpasses even the US where nearly all the crime is confined to ethnic ghettos (like Nottingham).

Thousands of people were cremated alived by Osama Bin Laden and hundreds more on our underground train network. To see him dispatched was good cause for celebration. This now dead "hero" has said there is no distinction between killing children and armed military as all are "infidels." I am personally grateful to the US for removing this monster from the planet.

Good work by the mods who relegated this thread to the "off" topic forum.

To those who hate America I say: Sieg Heil! Go ahead and let the totalitarians triumph and mourn when monsters like Hitler, Osama, Mao, Stalin, Pol Pot are excecuted by those who still believe in freedom.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

'Still believe in freedom'? Don't make me laugh.

America is busily destroying itself, enslaving it's own people with debt (and the people of other nations if they get a chance)- they know nothing of freedom.

HOLA4420

+1.

I lived there for more than 20 years and found 99.99% of Americans I met very friendly toward me and my country (England).

The rabid anti-Americanism on here is sickening. The level of ignorance of some people reflects why this country is known for its violent chavism and a crime rate that surpasses even the US where nearly all the crime is confined to ethnic ghettos (like Nottingham).

Thousands of people were cremated alived by Osama Bin Laden and hundreds more on our underground train network. To see him dispatched was good cause for celebration. This now dead "hero" has said there is no distinction between killing children and armed military as all are "infidels." I am personally grateful to the US for removing this monster from the planet.

Good work by the mods who relegated this thread to the "off" topic forum.

To those who hate America I say: Sieg Heil! Go ahead and let the totalitarians triumph and mourn when monsters like Hitler, Osama, Mao, Stalin, Pol Pot are excecuted by those who still believe in freedom.

Agree 100%

I've been there many times, I'm married to one, and will probably live there. Perhaps the difference between Americans and Brits is that they are simply more honest about their true intentions and feelings. They're glad Bin Laden was eliminated. And they're not afraid to show it.

If we'd killed Hitler you can bet your life there'd be dancing in the streets, end of war or not. And I assume these days we'd be too busy cowering behind political correctness to even express a view. We'd hear how Hitler was a freedom fighter, an agent of the West, and wasn't really dead anyway. One word.... pathetic.

In the intelligence stakes, I have to give Americans the edge over Brits. Admittedly I'm not counting ghetto land, though I'm sure given guns our chav estates would turn into murder spots also. Perhaps it's because Americans come from pioneering stock, the type of people willing to leave their homeland and work their ass off elsewhere. Last time I was in Florida the local kids put ours to SHAME. They were so positive, polite and bright.

As a rule, people who dismiss an entire country have simply never been there.

HOLA4421

I'm happy to go against the rule.

Most Americans (most people generally) are ok on their own. That doesn't mean I approve of their governance or their foreign policy.

When you are that size and power you shouldn't need to gloat about small victories. magnanimity is a concept lost on some people.. particularly Obama and any retards cheering that they've killed half the people in the middle east.

You could argue that it was a job that needed doing.. but all this c0ck cupping doesn't impress most people on the world stage.

HOLA4422

Agree 100%

I've been there many times, I'm married to one, and will probably live there. Perhaps the difference between Americans and Brits is that they are simply more honest about their true intentions and feelings. They're glad Bin Laden was eliminated. And they're not afraid to show it.

If we'd killed Hitler you can bet your life there'd be dancing in the streets, end of war or not. And I assume these days we'd be too busy cowering behind political correctness to even express a view. We'd hear how Hitler was a freedom fighter, an agent of the West, and wasn't really dead anyway. One word.... pathetic.

In the intelligence stakes, I have to give Americans the edge over Brits. Admittedly I'm not counting ghetto land, though I'm sure given guns our chav estates would turn into murder spots also. Perhaps it's because Americans come from pioneering stock, the type of people willing to leave their homeland and work their ass off elsewhere. Last time I was in Florida the local kids put ours to SHAME. They were so positive, polite and bright.

I'm sure that's right (the last line)

However I get the impression that if I went into a bar anywhere other than in a major city like NY or SanF, I'd be dead by the end of the evening unless I kept my mouth firmly shut. Being gay wouldn't help either, since I'm clearly not one of God's creations so the fascists would be out for me.

Though curiously, despite being such a large country, the American people have always seemed much more united than the British people and I wonder if that is down to the prevalence of religion, for better or worse.

The impression America projects isn't helped by morons like George Bush and especially Sarah Palin. What a ******* thick cow. Not sure how she stacks up against Gordon Brown, though.

That something like 60% of Americans can't even correctly place Europe on a map. That about the same number believe everything in the bible is literally true. The number of people stupid enough to embrace evangelism. Things like that.

Quotes on the TV don't help. I recall some idiot in hicksville - perhaps Texas - bemoaning the gun laws saying that he should be able to carry a gun - so should anyone. as long as the criminals aren't allowed to have them. Yep, that will work.

I get the impression that our rural areas are generally populated with educated people, certainly far more so than the US, there isn't a massive divide.

I also get the impression that people in major US cities are well educated and not so far removed from anywhere else. it's such a big country; it might as well be lots of countries. Like the way we have Northerners and Southerners (not saying one is better, they're just different)

I'd have to go there, as you say.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424

Obama is a nut. He's also not at all good at public speaking (despite what many people think).

The teleprompter in chief ;)

I guess even if he doesnt understand what he's saying, at least he (usually) says it with reasonable english, which some would say is one better than bush.

HOLA4425

I find that if you replace the words "asylum seeker" or "muslim" in the Daily mail with the words "American" or "Israeli" suddenly i find i could be reading the Guardian or watching the BBC.

Everyones got their hangups. Just the left are more dishonest about theirs.

Archived