House Price Crash Forum

Ex-Councillor Susan Wrigley Property Developer Is Declared Bankrupt

HOLA441

Not previously posted.

April 2011

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/8963050.Ex_councillor_is_declared_bankrupt/

A FORMER health authority chairwoman, county councillor and York property developer has been declared bankrupt.

---

My bankruptcy is a direct result of the irresponsible behaviour of the banks, the recession and the property market coming to a full stop,” she said.

Ah, ah the low state of blaming everyone else apart from yourself!

HOLA442

So bankrupts can still have £15k cooks?

Inquiries by The Press revealed that four days after being declared bankrupt, an advert for a full-time cook/housekeeper at her country home at Bolton Percy, near Tadcaster, with a £15,000 salary available, was posted in her name on the Careerbuilder website.

Mrs Wrigley said the advert was placed not by her but by her husband, who was a successful lawyer, and it was simply to replace someone who had left the role.

HOLA443
HOLA444

There's some clever stuff going on for sure. The Lawyer, husband is running the show.

Keep one's ears peeled for any news about http://www.wrigleydevelopment.co.uk/

nice timing entry point of 97, highlights why its always worth letting someone else have the last 10%+ as paper gains are quite literally worthless whereas a realised profit is realised

Edited by georgia o'keeffe

HOLA445

There is absolutely no schadenfreude to be had here - it's one of those sorts of bankruptcies.

Time for the limited company and bankruptcy rules to be done away with. License for fradusters/lawyers.

i think i find the uk bankruptcy laws more morally reprehensible than the taxation structure, they have so blatantly been redesigned over the decades to set up loopholes for the wealthy and knowledgeable its not even subtle

Edited by georgia o'keeffe

HOLA446

There is absolutely no schadenfreude to be had here - it's one of those sorts of bankruptcies.

Time for the limited company and bankruptcy rules to be done away with. License for fradusters/lawyers.

Nothing about her being a greedy exploiter of 'those' (trying to put some overpriced shelter over their families heads) she believes are below her - whom she can stick one over then?

Edited by erranta

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

Not previously posted.

April 2011

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/8963050.Ex_councillor_is_declared_bankrupt/

A FORMER health authority chairwoman, county councillor and York property developer has been declared bankrupt.

---

My bankruptcy is a direct result of the irresponsible behaviour of the banks, the recession and the property market coming to a full stop,” she said.

Ah, ah the low state of blaming everyone else apart from yourself!

...it was due to the irresponsible behaviour of the Banks that gave her the idea she had the midas touch and could do no wrong....could she not see it at the time .....?...the irresponsible fool ..... :rolleyes:

Edited by South Lorne

HOLA4410

...it was due to the irresponsible behaviour of the Banks that gave her the idea she had the midas touch and could do no wrong....could she not see it at the time .....?...the irresponsible fool ..... :rolleyes:

And an ugly old bat to boot... (just in case she ever googles her name and reads this) :P

Her fancy lawyer bloke can't be that clever if he shacked up with her......

HOLA4411
Wrigley Property Development was established in 1997 by Susan Wrigley, with the aim of building individual homes to the highest of standards. Our extensive knowledge of the Yorkshire area means that we are able to offer developments ranging from riverside apartments and town houses to family homes and barn conversions.

http://www.wrigleydevelopment.co.uk/

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

"My bankruptcy is a direct result of the irresponsible behaviour of the banks, the fault of the jews, the government, the muslims, the blacks, the mexicans, the americans, pluto, nuclear energy, global warming MY OWN STUPID MISTAKE AND HUBRIS."

Corrected.

HOLA4414

Ignoring the dubious 'Grant Bovey-ness' of this, York, well York + Harrogate, are the Yorkshire hot-spot for properdee delusions.

I see Mr Lumiere's Kevin Linfoot's 'York's most expensive' house is still for sale, despite heftly slahing - probably by his bank.

HOLA4415