House Price Crash Forum

Mse Thread Of The Day

HOLA441
Hi Folks

I have got myself in a terrible mess. I have recently purchased a buy to let property, but am having great diffilculty in finding tenants!

At the moment, the property is empty and of course I will need to pay the council tax, water rates, and standnig charges for gas & electricity meters. On top of that, my first mortgage payment is coming up soon. So rather than getting an income from this property, I am spending more money on it!

Where is the best place to advertise for tenants? Do you think I should approach my local council who could provide tenants?

I live in the Midlands.

Thanks in advance.

My link

Not enough :lol::o

Edited by beccles

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

I hope to God that he is a troll.

Otherwise, we have a numpty who clearly had no business plan - "how do I go about with repairs?" - yet got ÂŁloads from a bank very recently.

Which would mean that at least one bank is still lending to anyone capable of fogging a mirror... :angry:

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413

Was this comment posted by one of us?

...Try sell it a.s.a.p. before it bleeds you dry. Put it on the market at a realistic price compared to other properties and keep dropping it 5% every month or two until you sell it. Remember inflation is already 5.5% RPI (5.1% last year) so every year you don't reduce the price to sell it the money is worth over 5% less when you do sell. Some people are stubbornly holding out for a high price not realising that each year they don't sell, the money will buy them less. e.g. ÂŁ500k two years ago will only buy less than ÂŁ450k worth of goods now. When you sell think about something to invest the money in that is earning close or above to RPI not a house that is losing RPI and more each year. Houses dropped by 2.9% in the last year (if you believe the indices) so with 5.5% RPI (if you believe their inflation figures) houses lost at least 8.4% - it's like burning your money on a fire. The banks have now lined up all the suckers as 90% of mortgages have switched to Standard Variable Rate, so expect them to tell their friends at the Bank of England to up interest rates soon, so they can start raking in all that extra interest. At that point house prices could tumble and anyone with properties to sell may find it very difficult. Run for the exit now before crowds are gathered around the door..

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Was this comment posted by one of us?

...Try sell it a.s.a.p. before it bleeds you dry. Put it on the market at a realistic price compared to other properties and keep dropping it 5% every month or two until you sell it. Remember inflation is already 5.5% RPI (5.1% last year) so every year you don't reduce the price to sell it the money is worth over 5% less when you do sell. Some people are stubbornly holding out for a high price not realising that each year they don't sell, the money will buy them less. e.g. ÂŁ500k two years ago will only buy less than ÂŁ450k worth of goods now. When you sell think about something to invest the money in that is earning close or above to RPI not a house that is losing RPI and more each year. Houses dropped by 2.9% in the last year (if you believe the indices) so with 5.5% RPI (if you believe their inflation figures) houses lost at least 8.4% - it's like burning your money on a fire. The banks have now lined up all the suckers as 90% of mortgages have switched to Standard Variable Rate, so expect them to tell their friends at the Bank of England to up interest rates soon, so they can start raking in all that extra interest. At that point house prices could tumble and anyone with properties to sell may find it very difficult. Run for the exit now before crowds are gathered around the door..

Don't care who posted it - I love it! :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
HOLA4416

Todays saddener.

I currently have a low rate (.79%) and therefore low payment to make on my interest only mortgage (Approx ÂŁ200 pm. I couldn't afford a repayment mortgage at the moment but am worried about what my options are & what I should do at the end of the term which is approx 13 years away? I will still have the full amount to repay but if property prices continue to rise then all I would need to do is sell/move to repay the outstanding mortgage. The equity is currently half the current sale value. Rather than struggle to meet a repayment mortgage cost, I am in fact paying a low rent to live in the property. My question is should I struggle or carry on as I am? I do make and have a small savings pot which will reduce my outstanding morgage but only slightly! Look forward to any advice & hope this makes sense?

My link

Struggling to pay ÂŁ200 a month on a ÂŁ300K io mortgage. :o

One for Eric.

Edited by beccles

HOLA4417

I currently have a low rate (.79%) and therefore low payment to make on my interest only mortgage (Approx ÂŁ200 pm. I couldn't afford a repayment mortgage at the moment but am worried about what my options are & what I should do at the end of the term which is approx 13 years away? I will still have the full amount to repay but if property prices continue to rise then all I would need to do is sell/move to repay the outstanding mortgage. The equity is currently half the current sale value. Rather than struggle to meet a repayment mortgage cost, I am in fact paying a low rent to live in the property. My question is should I struggle or carry on as I am? I do make and have a small savings pot which will reduce my outstanding morgage but only slightly! Look forward to any advice & hope this makes sense?

:rolleyes:

Edited by happy_renting

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423

I am not schooled in such trivia. Would this great messiah of modern Britain have the initials KK?

Very few folks can claim one of these:

Footnote Order suspending bankrupt’s discharge under Section 279(3) of the Insolvency Act 1986 until the fulfillment of conditions as specified in the Order made by the Court and effective from 14 July 2009