House Price Crash Forum

Henry Prior On Bbc Breakfast - "housing Recession"

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443

Did anyone else see this this morning? Responding to yesterday's figures on HEW, Prior talked frankly about six months worth of falls, saying that in any other sector this would be called a recession. BBC getting the message out to the masses at last!

Thats him off the payroll of the BBC then :lol:

HOLA444

What does Henry Pryror do now days? What was he introduced as?I know he used to be an estate agent. It's being very bearish lately. I like him :)

I think I've only ever seen him described as a 'buying agent', which means that he's a VI for falling prices. Quite refreshing.

HOLA445
HOLA446

Did anyone else see this this morning? Responding to yesterday's figures on HEW, Prior talked frankly about six months worth of falls, saying that in any other sector this would be called a recession. BBC getting the message out to the masses at last!

...it's not a housing recession...typical BBC speak.....it is housing reality with more to come.... :rolleyes:

HOLA447
HOLA448

When Henry comes on the TV these days I insist everyone in the room freezes so I can hang on his every word. It's like the end of an episode of Police Squad..

...aha, so there's chaos going on in the background while you're frozen? :P

(The chimpanzee ending springs to mind!)

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Video link

Arh the mentality of it all cracks me up.

Had some bloke on who thinks house prices will go up because the UK is an island. Well france for example isn't an island but I don't see how they can increase the land mass of the their country.

And taking money "out" of their house by increasing the mortgage, wtf are these people on, increasing the mortgage is having tomorrows wages today with the house acting as security incase you have no wages tomorrow.

HOLA4413