Grant Schapps - Live Q&a Session At 3.00Pm Today

HOLA441
  • Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
Grant Shapps said:

That's a false choice. What I've said is that if pricing are stable and don't regular exceed, say, average earnings then this in itself would be helpful over the long term. This isn't an instant fix, but an instant fix solution of prices diving would have all sorts of consequences on for example people who borrow against their homes to set up small businesses.

If someone borrowed against their house and the price of that house goes down, why should that loan now be unaffordable.

HOLA443

I think I've just posted my last comment there:

@GrantShapps

"prices diving would have all sorts of consequences"

Prices are too high and you must know that.

You want a whole generation to be exploited by extortionate housing costs?! You b@stard!

Guardian censorship should kick in at any second now.

Surprised it didn't kick in straight away... but thanks for getting it on even if only for a couple of minutes

HOLA444
HOLA445

I think I've just posted my last comment there:

@GrantShapps

You want a whole generation to be exploited by extortionate housing costs?! You b@stard!

Guardian censorship should kick in at any second now.

You should have just asked him "How do you sleep at night?"

HOLA446
HOLA447

Fair enough. He did respond though, but with more nonsense:

So as long as the gap is closed over 'the long term', everything is A-ok.

It wasnt a good reply. He talked about the benefit to aspirant homeowners. What happens to businessmen who have mortgaged their homes against loans is irrelevant to aspirant home owners. Falling house prices is always good for those wishing to buy a home to live in.

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Opps - seems to have been removed, dont think they like the truth.

Really?! Just "joke"?!

I've re-posted mine, without the "b@stard". It should be allowed now:

@GrantShapps

You want a whole generation to be exploited by extortionate housing costs?! You ... "illegitimate son" !

:D

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Its no good guys. Were going to have to get out on the streets throwing petrol bombs and screaming......

****** ME. What a chore. If I had been born just one or two year earlier, I would have got a mortgage, and had a half decent life. If not for the stupid ignorant greedy self interested THIEVING bastards in charge.

Edited by Dan1

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

I wonder if he will address mine later? I doubt it.

That said, throwing insults probably doesnt help the cause. Far better to let the foolishness of the current tax and spend policies distorting the housing market to expose themselves in the daft answers those defending the policy would be forced to give.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

He's arrived now - I'm fairly sure that ConcernedFTB is him.

"Just for the historical record, ConcernedFTB is actually Mr Sibley, a man whose only concern for FTBs is to make them pay rent so he can afford his daily daliance with a Thai ladyboy."

I didn't want that account anyway

HOLA4420

No sign of Hamish or Sibley telling teacher on us yet.

And good as gold...

ConcernedFTB

9 March 2011 3:41PM

Mr Shapps, on behalf of FTB's everywhere l'll apologise for some of the rude remarks coming from the housepricecrash crowd.

They are an extremist minority and don't reprsent us at all. I hope you don't think we're all like that.

And I'd love an answer about lending, and why you can't pressure the banks more, as thats the real problem for most of us.

Well done, ConcernedBTL / ConcernedEA. Well done. Have a gold star.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424

It wasnt a good reply. He talked about the benefit to aspirant homeowners. What happens to businessmen who have mortgaged their homes against loans is irrelevant to aspirant home owners. Falling house prices is always good for those wishing to buy a home to live in.

Indeed, but now we have the official line, straight from the horse's mouth. The elimination of any doubt over the government's position is worth something in itself.

The good thing is I don't think they can do much about it ultimately.

HOLA4425