Grant Schapps - Live Q&a Session At 3.00Pm Today

HOLA441
  • Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443

The Government know they have performed massive corrupt polices, theft, fraud......

Like their unofficial spokesperson, Mervyn King said, 'I am surprised there is not more anger at bankers.'

They are sitting around twiddling their thumbs staring out the windows wondering why the molotov cocktails are not smashing the glass.....

Then they realise, that the British Public are like Dodo's, and other extinct 'flightless birds' .......

We dont know how to complain................And we dont realise that governments themselves are the enemy................Much like the monarchy was centuries ago. And when the sh1t finally does hit the fan, they will wish they had 'done the right thing' when they had a chance to do so.

**The truth is that they do have options available to them, to spread the deficit fairly, and allow FTB to work and pay for a house, if they really wanted to. There are workable ideas. But obviously just do not want to. They are happy to carry on stealing from us. And then lying to us.

Edited by Dan1

HOLA444

GrantShapps

9 March 2011 3:45PM

All, it looks like we're out of time but if we can organise it with the Live Q&A admins at The Guardian then I'd like to run through some of the outstanding points and go ahead and post answers over the next day or two.

Thanks for taking part and for the very many questions. Look forward to repeating the exercise on another occasion.

Grant.

Interesting. Let's see how, and if, he responds to some of the more pointed questions. Once he's run them by the press office, of course.

I think this will continue to be one to watch.

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

I did post an invitation for him to pop along to our site for a mor emeaningful Q&A.

Fubra/mods how about sending out an further invite please?

+1

Oh was that you? I liked that. And TOW's comment...[welcome to the blacklist lol]

HOLA448
HOLA449

+1

Oh was that you? I liked that. And TOW's comment...[welcome to the blacklist lol]

:lol: Thanks.

Proudly!

BTW, I bumped into this info there before, and it reminded me of you, and your comments about them:

Q: How do I become a moderator?

A: We advertise open Community Moderator (and other) positions within the community team when they come up, both online at http://www.guardianjobs.co.uk and in the paper. If you're interested in applying, it might be worth setting up a job alert on that site so you'll be the first to know when a new role is advertised.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/community-faqs#102

;)

You should try, and "infiltrate" them !

:lol:

HOLA4410

Reading between the lines, nothing is going to change, the high prices will be supported by whatever means necessary.

Glad I didnt waste anytime asking this twirp any questions.

he did say there was no money...so I suspect SMI will be altered and curtailed....that is the biggest single fly in the HPC ointment.

The nonsense about small business not being able to borrow clearly illustrates the sate of our useless banking system....they are incapable of putting capital to entreprenuers unless there is a get out House att he end of the tunnel.

and the SMI also stops banks cashing in their security when they should.

Joined up thinking would be appreciated.

HOLA4411

(...) And TOW's comment...[welcome to the blacklist lol]

They haven't deleted this one yet, surprisingly:

@GrantShapps
"prices moving very rapidly in either direction makes life very difficult for aspirant home buyers."
I'm sorry but that was either stupid or dishonest.
Prices moving very rapidly downwards will make life much easier for aspirant home buyers.

HOLA4412

@GrantShapps
"prices moving very rapidly in either direction makes life very difficult for aspirant home buyers."
Prices moving very rapidly downwards will make life much easier for aspirant home buyers.

Yes, well done to everyone who took the time to post, and thankyou. I think we can conclude that the government are on the backfoot. Personally, I do have 'spikes' of real anger but its very nice to know that I am not alone, and we are all in it together.

Edited by Dan1

HOLA4413

@GrantShapps

It doesn't help me and you due to what would happen to the availability of finance in a crashing market as we'll still need mortgages even if they are sensible ones.

However, things would improve once we had crashed which is the point 'they' don't get. We want the crash now so we can move on, they just want to prevent the crash bit in the belief it will be more stable. Those with something to lose don't want to scare the horses.

Edited by daiking

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Can Shapps actually provide an answer to the golden question about prices still being unaffordable if they remain where they are and the big gap in real wages? I personally do not believe he can openly answer this without having to admit that house price falls will be required to close the gap.

There's no way he will be allowed to state house prices need to fall until they are realigned with wages. He does go as far as saying house prices trailing behind wages would be his idea of a healthy housing market but has to leave out the action to reach that scenario.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420

I liked this post... from someone on here?

"mikebus

9 March 2011 2:33PM

Dear Mr Shapps,

Why is it possible to purchase our national housing stock using a trust or Company, normally based in an offshore tax haven, thereby removing the purchaser from CGT and Inheritance Tax? Often done by Non British who therfore have a tax advantage in holding our residential housing stock over the local population!

Surely better for such purchasers to nominate a 'person of residence' to the Land Registry. When ownership or the 'person of residence' changes or dies then CGT (if not main residence) and Inheritance tax applies.

Any 'person of residence' who nominates the house as their main residence, therby avoiding CGT, is automatically domiciled for tax purposes. (how can your main residence be in the UK when the UK is not your 'home'!?)

It may alienate your donating chums though.

Remove the ceiling on Council Tax for any home un-occupied for more than 90 days a year ie it could double or triple. Benefits are that rental property will not sit empty, second homes will not be vacant during the week resulting in ghost villages. Locals can set the tax to regulate the amount of 'second home owners' they want in their local area. A truely Conservative grass roots initiative. Lees weekenders will mean more B&B business, small hotels, employment, to cater for the tourists.

It may alienate some of your supporters, but, will gain the mass support from the population in those 'holiday' areas affected by ghost villages."

HOLA4421

yoboboy

9 March 2011 3:03PM

Your brother was in Big Audio Dynamite, your first cousin is Mick Jones.

a) what happend to you?

B) why don't you feel ashamed to be part of a government that is making the poor pay for the mistakes of the rich?

c) it is a modest ambition for a person to want affordable secure housing, why are your government's policies moving us further away from that goal?

Wow - really?

• 4 weeks later...
HOLA4422
Puuhleese, house prices moving rapidly downwards would make life very easy for aspirant home buyers Mr Shapps.

Same, but Shapps prefers to be "delighted" in getting new schemes to try and lend FTBs extra debt, Taylor Wimpey Take 5 or the Lloyds Lend a Hand. He wants stable prices and definitely not rapid falls back from the rapid and massive increases upon increases upon increases in house prices through the years.

From yesterday's Guardian.

Guardian

Thursday 31 March 2011

A few weeks ago, housing minister Grant Shapps took part in a live Q&A. Due to time restraints he didn't get to answer all your questions so we put some them to him after the discussion. Here we bring you his responses and round up the questions and answers from the day.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/housing-network/2011/mar/31/grant-shapps-housing-minister-your-questions

HOLA4423
GrantShapps

9 March 2011 3:45PM

All, it looks like we're out of time but if we can organise it with the Live Q&A admins at The Guardian then I'd like to run through some of the outstanding points and go ahead and post answers over the next day or two.

Thanks for taking part and for the very many questions. Look forward to repeating the exercise on another occasion.

Grant.

Interesting. Let's see how, and if, he responds to some of the more pointed questions. Once he's run them by the press office, of course.

I think this will continue to be one to watch.

And needless to say he never did.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425