House Price Crash Forum

Btl'er Arrested And 42 Properties Seized

HOLA441

Oh dear :rolleyes: .............

Woman on benefits has 42 properties seized

Rosie Cowan

Tuesday September 13, 2005

The Guardian

A Belfast woman who has been claiming benefits for the last 12 years owned and rented out more than 40 houses worth a total of £3m, it was alleged yesterday.

The Assets Recovery Agency was granted a high court order to freeze the assets of Frances McCluskey, which included 42 properties, two cars and undisclosed sums of money in bank and building society accounts.

The order allows an interim receiver to manage the properties and funds while a further, detailed inquiry is completed. The case, part of a crackdown on organised crime, is the first of its kind in Northern Ireland.

guardian

HOLA442
Oh dear  :rolleyes: .............

Rosie Cowan

The Guardian

A Belfast woman who has been claiming benefits for the last 12 years owned and rented out more than 40 houses worth a total of £3m, it was alleged yesterday.

The Assets Recovery Agency was granted a high court order to freeze the assets of Frances McCluskey, which included 42 properties, two cars and undisclosed sums of money in bank and building society accounts.

The order allows an interim receiver to manage the properties and funds while a further, detailed inquiry is completed. The case, part of a crackdown on organised crime, is the first of its kind in Northern Ireland.

guardian

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

HOLA443

Lets just stop benefits.

Everyone thinks the UK will melt down but i think some people will be surprised about how much they get and what they are up to in their spare time.

I know 3 people on my street whose whole family are on benefits are they are out working everyday.

If only the Government published a website showing what benefits everybody received so it would be easier to shop people.

HOLA444
Lets just stop benefits.

Everyone thinks the UK will melt down but i think some people will be surprised about how much they get and what they are up to in their spare time.

I know 3 people on my street whose whole family are on benefits are they are out working everyday.

If only the Government published a website showing what benefits everybody received so it would be easier to shop people.

Shop them anyway. I have.

http://www.targetingbenefitfraud.gov.uk/

HOLA445

libitina,

Do you not think it would be a good idea for the government to publish a website where you can check what benefits people were on...

how easy would it then be to shop people..

THe government would have their work done for them and would save millions perhaps even billions of pounds...

Even better, stop benefits completely..waste of money and time and resources!

HOLA446
HOLA447
libitina,

Do you not think it would be a good idea for the government to publish a website where you can check what benefits people were on...

how easy would it then be to shop people..

Thats not likely to happen though is it as people are entitled to privacy.

HOLA448
HOLA449
Oh dear  :rolleyes: .............

Rosie Cowan

The Guardian

guardian

Most likely she has been acting as a front for a terrorist organisation, laundering money through property.

Whether she profited herself (or was paid by being allowed to continue to live) I don't know.

Someone posted a link a few months ago to a story about a prominent Belfast estate agent who was arrested on suspicion of money laundering.

Estate agent

HOLA4410
I don't...but I do enjoy the thought of people thieving money off me being brought to book. Or do benefits get paid out of government money not mine?

I don't have a problem with getting cheats or forcing people to make the effort if they can and not sponge just because they can. I also think the Government could think the whole benefits thing far more effectively when a family on benefits is better off than a family that gets up in the morning. It is my money too (I am not normally on this site at this time of day, I am convalesing from flu and it beats watching trish!). But I do have a problem with the idea of no social safety and no sense of looking after the weak when they are weak. The self-interest rules mentality is from my point of view the same catcher catch can non-thinking that has brought house prices to the brink.

HOLA4411
I don't...but I do enjoy the thought of people thieving money off me being brought to book. Or do benefits get paid out of government money not mine?

I've said this before on this site, but I'll say it again:

You shouldn't be wasting your time and anger on individuals who "scam" the system. The money they take from your taxes is miniscule compared to the amount that the big corporations and wealthy people scam.

This is what corporatists do--they rile up people at the bottom end of the economic ladder to fight amongst themselves. Meanwhile, they're walking away with the big bucks.

Focus your attention on the big-time crooks!!! Close those loopholes!!

HOLA4412

"I like the idea of starving babies. In fact why not just send them down the pits?"

Elizabeth,

you seem to be one of these tree hugging people who spend their whole life campaigning for injustices against other people.

Ask yourself a simple question: Why are people allowed to have babies if they cant support them??

An even worse possibility is: What kind of parents would have children if they couldnt support them??

I believe its about time people started to realise children need to be planned for and supported. If they cant, do like birds do...Eat them!! Or even crocodiles - eat the dead or the weakest...!!

Dont see why i should support someones kid when im too responsible not to have one as I understand the impacts it brings.

HOLA4413
  you seem to be one of these tree hugging people who spend their whole life campaigning for injustices against other people.

Im not campaining for or about anything. I am entertaining myself while I recover from flu! But I can't help but notice when people are harsh and self justifying. It might be different if it were your misfortune. Personally I loath paying taxes, but I don't see a lot of balance in your argument. As for tree hugging, I wear toxic aluminium deodorant so that make me something of an anathema to the true tree huggers. I am just a wanabee tree hugger :lol::lol::lol:

HOLA4414
Ask yourself a simple question: Why are people allowed to have babies if they cant support them??

An even worse possibility is: What kind of parents would have children if they couldnt support them??

I believe its about time people started to realise children need to be planned for and supported. If they cant, do like birds do...Eat them!! Or even crocodiles - eat the dead or the weakest...!!

Dont see why i should support someones kid when im too responsible not to have one as I understand the impacts it brings.

What about the families where one parent has left , died or lost their job? Are they to be punished too?

I agree with not giving financial help to the greedy spongers, but not all people are like this.

Edited by libitina

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
"I like the idea of starving babies.  In fact why not just send them down the pits?"

Elizabeth,

Del, you've got the wrong website.

I think you're looking for Link for Delboy

Good luck, and come back if they can help you.

HOLA4417
What about the families where one parent has left , died or lost their job? Are they to be punished too?

I agree with not giving financial help to the greedy spongers, but not all people are like this.

Hmmm where one person has left - this is called child support - IE The CSA are meant to recover money for the child. Pretty irresponsibile to have a child if you know the father is not going to support it in the first place.

If someone has died - fair enough - yes definately support them. Unless they are civil servants and their pension outweighs my monthly incomings.

Lost their job...tough one..maybe have savings...but as long as they proactively work to get back into gainful employment. i dont support a system that hands out all year round for 22 years on job seekers benefits.

Surely if they havent found a job in 22 years, what likelyhood is it they will ever find a job. I would more like a system that onlypays for every 3 months of a year. This would force people into action to get a job as they now what happens when the end of the third month approaches.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
Pretty irresponsibile to have a child if you know the father is not going to support it in the first place.

Excuse me? This assumes a lot about how much we know about people. Funny how "I love you I love you I love" you can turn into "You'll get nothing from me" when a persons ego is battered. If every woman had a child only with a man she knew was never going to act like a toe rag, then there would be no children. Wouldn't worry me but...

HOLA4420
HOLA4421

Interesting. People should be accountable to the society from which they take benefits. There should be naming and shaming.

I think there will be more calls for this kind of accountability soon. The "safety net" has been abused to the point where people have forgotten what it was originally for.

JY

HOLA4422
I like the idea of starving babies.  In fact why not just send them down the pits?

You can never get the yellow helmets to stay on thier small heads, only way i found was to use cellotape which is great until someone gets on thier moral high horse and says " your going to pull his hair out".. its a baby ffs, it has plenty of time to grow more hair.

EDITED:

Had to cut out the silly bits.

Edited by theChuz

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
I've said this before on this site, but I'll say it again:

You shouldn't be wasting your time and anger on individuals who "scam" the system. The money they take from your taxes is miniscule compared to the amount that the big corporations and wealthy people scam.

This is what corporatists do--they rile up people at the bottom end of the economic ladder to fight amongst themselves. Meanwhile, they're walking away with the big bucks.

Focus your attention on the big-time crooks!!! Close those loopholes!!

Save it mate. They all shop at Tesco on here.

HOLA4425
Hmmm where one person has left - this is called child support - IE The CSA are meant to recover money for the child.

And do you think that the CSA should spend £20 per week going after an absent father who should be paying £15 per week in support? It's not often cost-effective to pursue poor people for relatively small amounts of money, which was also one of the (many) problems with the poll tax.