HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413

WEAR A CRAVAT!

It's not restrictive like a tie, and you'll look damn good - and different. If you are single, it's also a great way for wimmin to have an excuse to talk to you...

:D

HOLA4414

WEAR A CRAVAT!

It's not restrictive like a tie, and you'll look damn good - and different. If you are single, it's also a great way for wimmin to have an excuse to talk to you...

:D

No woman I know would be interested in a bloke in a cravat! That's just camp beyond measure! ;)

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419

While I think a purple velvet suit, with a lovely deep red cravat would work well (finished with a fedora and a rather beautifully crafted "pimp stick") how about a Dinner jacket affair, with bow tie around neck but not done up? Looks like you've made an effort, and would keep anyone with strong feelings about the matter happy... and possibly entice the ladies.

Otherwise, there's always the option of a T shirt with a tie appliqued to the front...

I recently went to a wedding where a friend's other half was wearing a black shirt with a thin 1980's style pencil tie in white. He hadn't bothered to tuck the shirt in and looked incredibly scruffy - I don't think it impressed anyone...

While I don't see a problem with not wearing a tie, at least make sure it's a nice shirt, and that you look respectable, so that even if you don't like wearing a tie, it still looks like you give a rat's ar5e about their special day!

Presumably you know the bride/groom well enough to merit an invite (or are you a +1?), so why don't you ask them about protocol for the day?

HOLA4420
HOLA4421

Some scruffy bastards came to my wedding and didn't wear ties. Personally I think they should have worn a tie even if they found them uncomfortable.

Also why do people insist on wearing awful sunglasses at weddings? Even when they're having their photo taken. It's not an epsiode of the Sopranos FFS.

I am not scruffy and have never worn a tie.....would you prefer a smoker like Mr King? ;)

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424

Some scruffy bastards came to my wedding and didn't wear ties. Personally I think they should have worn a tie even if they found them uncomfortable.

We had scruffy relatives too but they were scruffy because they were wearing ties :lol:

I would rather have seen them in a descent shirt and jacket than a horrific tie tied badly, or with a huge knot hanging down and the top button undone.

Personally, I would always wear a tie but then I would always wear a three piece suit so would look a tw@t without one.

I think you could pull it off but you would have to be wearing a descent jacket and shirt along with trousers and proper shoes.

One of my uncles turned up in a grey suit that he must have bought long ago. He had a badly tied tie and undone top button. That was nothing though when looking at his brown trainers :lol: he really deserved a kick in the nuts imo.

HOLA4425

Archived