House Price Crash Forum

Rics - Bad Attitude

exiges

HOLA441

I was sifting through the RICS report, reading anecdotes from the surveyors in my search area, and saw the following.

They just don't get it do they ?

Martin Pendered FRICS, Martin Pendered & Co., Wellingborough, Northamptonshire, 01933 228822 - The continuous stream of adverse comment in the press from so called ‘experts’ and political comment is doing its best to damage consumer confidence. In our area buyers have more sense and are more resilient, possibly because our prices are already low. A positive attitude from those that lead us would be much more helpful.
James Abbott MRICS, Strutt and Parker,Market Harborough, Leicestershire, 01858 433123 - The traditional holiday period has seen viewing levels drop slightly in August. Press comments have not helped buyer confidence.
Ian J Shaw FRICS, Escritt Barrell Golding, Grantham, Lincs, 1476590211 - The media reports this month have not helped

confidence in the market with their negative reports. The banks are still not helping the market with limited offers for FTBs with limited deposits!

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

I was sifting through the RICS report, reading anecdotes from the surveyors in my search area, and saw the following.

They just don't get it do they ?

Here's another:

David K. Jones FRICS, Jones &

Redfearn, Rhyl, Denbighshire, 01745

351111 - There are signs of improvement

in market activity but first time buyers and

investors still finding it hard to confirm

funding. The market needs time to

consolidate and then hopefully the worst

is behind us. Talk of increasing interest

rates and double dip recessions is not

helping. 'Foolish talk costs sales!'

er.....so talking about the state of the economy is foolish....?

HOLA448

Didn't hear them complaining when the press were talking the market up!

No, because a hundred property programmes and the media frenzy had no bearing on price rises, which were solely controlled by the "fundamentals". Oddly enough they seem now to be blind to the fundamentals that were so important in the past.

HOLA449
HOLA4410

No, because a hundred property programmes and the media frenzy had no bearing on price rises, which were solely controlled by the "fundamentals". Oddly enough they seem now to be blind to the fundamentals that were so important in the past.

If a lender lends me £1m @ 0% IO I have lots of choice...@ .85 above base I have a fair amount of choice......fewer choices = lower prices. ;)

HOLA4411

Yep, the RICS report always throws up some gems. Another couple:

"Agents are crying out for the Government to put more pressure on the major banks to ease their lending policies which are beginning to have dire consequences."

"Who knows what the Coalition Government might do next, but we all know, the next decision could be crucial. They need to think long and hard about the damage a second dip in property would cause."

To be fair though, many surveyor comments are quite reasonable and point the finger at vendors who have unrealistic price expectations.

HOLA4412

To be fair though, many surveyor comments are quite reasonable and point the finger at vendors who have unrealistic price expectations.

Write to those ones too offerring them encouragement and praising them for their high standards of professionalism.

HOLA4413