House Price Crash Forum

The Rock Star Professor

HOLA441

I have become riveted to the documentaries and writings of Professor Brian Cox.

Thought he was in his late 20s but have since found out he is 42 years of age.

He explains things so the average person can clearly understand how the Solar System works, already I am becoming quite knowledgeable on the Solar System. I remember his vertical flight in an English Electric Lightning to the very edge of space and his excitement just like a young schoolboy, I also felt that excitement through his commentary.

He is heading towards becoming a multi-millionaire which will far outweigh the cost of his University Education and he thoroughly deserves his success.

A person not flash, arrogant, or the type who oozes how clever I am. :)

Professor Brian Cox

A video presentation

BrianCox_01.jpg

post-21139-12843267569877_thumb.jpg

HOLA442
HOLA443

He's very good. Used to be in... (band?).

The Band was Dare.

Dare signed a deal with A&M records in 1986. Dare recorded two albums and toured with Jimmy Page, Gary Moore and Europe before breaking up in 1992. Brian then joined the band D’Ream, whose song ‘Things Can Only Get Better’ was famously used by Tony Blair as the Labour Party election song in 1997.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

I have become riveted to the documentaries and writings of Professor Brian Cox.

Thought he was in his late 20s but have since found out he is 42 years of age.

He explains things so the average person can clearly understand how the Solar System works, already I am becoming quite knowledgeable on the Solar System. I remember his vertical flight in an English Electric Lightning to the very edge of space and his excitement just like a young schoolboy, I also felt that excitement through his commentary.

He is heading towards becoming a multi-millionaire which will far outweigh the cost of his University Education and he thoroughly deserves his success.

A person not flash, arrogant, or the type who oozes how clever I am. :)

Professor Brian Cox

A video presentation

BrianCox_01.jpg

I disagree completely.

The documentaries I have seen him in involve long ponderous scenes , where his thoughts are accompanied by views of Brian Cox wandering theough woods, Brian Cox picking up stones, Brian Cox staring at the sky, Brian Cox playing with twigs, etc. The documentaries seem to be about him, not the supposed subject matter.

It's all about Brian. The producers love him because he's pretty. He looks pretty in an open-top red sportscar; we know it because he always seems to be appearing in one, although exactly what the images have to with the subject matter of a science programme escapes me.

TV science is generally terrible. The visual aspect of the medium is wasted because the Trisrams who produce the programs are scared of intelligent use of graphics, because they think the audience is too thick to understand.

His narrative is egocentric. For example, when he flew up in a Lightning aircraft into the upper atmosphere, as a passenger, his commentary was about 'I' being up there, not 'we'. Watch what he says carefully, and you will pick it up.

He may be only 42, but he is already overexposed. The only thing good about his TV science career is that at least he isn't wearing the standard issue bow tie... yet.

HOLA447

I disagree completely.

Don't be a hater. Really, what's not to like? All the things you criticise are probably what motivate him to share his enthusiasm for science.

All scientists have huge egos if they are honest, but few have the hair or looks to perform:

dare.jpg

HOLA448

Don't be a hater. Really, what's not to like? All the things you criticise are probably what motivate him to share his enthusiasm for science.

I don't hate him, i just find him tedious and wish we would have some science documentaries of real substance for a change.

All scientists have huge egos if they are honest, but few have the hair or looks to perform:

dare.jpg

effing heck! BTW he was in D:ream, not Dare, IIRC. Or is that him on the right?

HOLA449
HOLA4410

Not sure about Professor Prettyboy's documentaries really. I find them frustrating - too much buggering around with fancy computer graphics and filming in silly locations to help "illustrate" things to the bonehead audience. I wish they'd just get on with it and tell the facts, but I guess each show would be around 5mins long if they did so.. :rolleyes:

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413

Not sure about Professor Prettyboy's documentaries really. I find them frustrating - too much buggering around with fancy computer graphics and filming in silly locations to help "illustrate" things to the bonehead audience. I wish they'd just get on with it and tell the facts, but I guess each show would be around 5mins long if they did so.. :rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBWMvM8vLDM

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416

Archived