House Price Crash Forum

Do Holidays Really Kill The Property Market?

HOLA441

http://www.moneyhospital.co.uk/blog/house-prices/do-holidays-really-kill-the-property-market-20406

Interesting article about whether house prices do fall in August due to people going on hols - asks for comments.

My local EAs are claiming that Spetember will be a boom with people wanting to be in their new home by Christmas - yeah!

:rolleyes:

HOLA442

My local EAs are claiming that Spetember will be a boom with people wanting to be in their new home by Christmas - yeah!

No doubt EAs will be very busy in September - I know several people who are planning to put their houses on the market then! Also know a few who plan on doing so in the spring. :wacko:

HOLA443
HOLA444

http://www.moneyhospital.co.uk/blog/house-prices/do-holidays-really-kill-the-property-market-20406

Interesting article about whether house prices do fall in August due to people going on hols - asks for comments.

Vast numbers of houses are (were) SOLD when sheeple go on hols. Pick up that quaint £500k bijou cottage in Palpero, or on the Sunny Costa etc.

HOLA445

Just drop the word London into Home.co.uk to see the variations in the number of properties sold each month:

London:

counts-london-200004-201005.gif

Birmingham:

counts-birmingham-200004-201005.gif

In essence the crash made it a little more confusing, before the crash you can see the spring bounce, and no autumn bounce (except when the market was mega booming after an IR drop)

Edited by AteMoose

HOLA446
HOLA447

No doubt EAs will be very busy in September - I know several people who are planning to put their houses on the market then! Also know a few who plan on doing so in the spring. :wacko:

I heard of a couple of people who plan to put their house on the Market in September ready for 'when the Market picks up' so we could see a resurgence of supply next month :lol:

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Given that there was no spring bounce of any description, I see no chance of a Sept boom given that the economic fundamentals are, if anything, worse than spring time.

Can't blame the EAs for trying to encourage the people, problem is the people cannot borrow money.

HOLA4418

Given that there was no spring bounce of any description, I see no chance of a Sept boom given that the economic fundamentals are, if anything, worse than spring time.

Can't blame the EAs for trying to encourage the people, problem is the people cannot borrow money.

I totally agree.

Alas, it allows both EAs and sellers to continue the denial phase... and for EAs to convince sellers that the house they have had on the market since Easter with little or no viewings is suddenly going to get a flood of viewers and buyers come Sept/Oct.... and then it will be "Oh, well, the market goes quiet before Christmas but will pick up again in January" nonsense...

Slow, slow, slow declines.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421

Thats all u can come with, i didnt once mention women, public sector employees,polish builders or mumsnet.

Don't stress - I think (hope) tongues have been in cheeks - and your post was no worse than the vast majority on here.

Welcome btw (and fwiw I like the avatar) and remember to take other comments with a very large pinch of salt!

HOLA4422

Thats all u can come with, i didnt once mention women, public sector employees,polish builders or mumsnet.

everyone knows newbies MUST make a statement about all these issues IF they Join In August and they are attacked by a Troll weilding a fake Orange Tan.

TMT knows this and has issued a RUNE on your soul against further attacks.

Welcome to the rufty tufty world of HPC.

HOLA4423

Perusing the graph it strikes me that house buying is in sync with second hand car buying throughout the year.Maybe there are things like Xmas and summer holiday expenses that deter committment to big ticket items.

Custard old bean,tongue firmly in cheek.

Edited by profitofdoom

HOLA4424

Perusing the graph it strikes me that house buying is in sync with second hand car buying throughout the year.Maybe there are things like Xmas and summer holiday expenses that deter committment to big ticket items.

Custard old bean,tongue firmly in cheek.

I get it, u and tulip dish out some abuse and then pretend ure joking.

You 2 are awesome.

HOLA4425

I get it, u and tulip dish out some abuse and then pretend ure joking.

You 2 are awesome.

just for your information, POD is on my ignore list....persistantly whatever it was he was doing to annoy.

Add him to yours.