House Price Crash Forum

Buffett Prepares His Portfolio For Inflation

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443

mods please move this thread immediately; failure to do so may result in golds greatest contra-indicator from not functioning correctly

Scene sets to a small campfire somewhere in Colorado 1800s

Billy the Kid:RB, whats your view on Gold,

RB: Billy, youre a fast gun but dont know sh!t about the yellow stuff, I believe its topping and the bull market is over and it will definately end at some point

Edited by Tamara De Lempicka

HOLA444

Scene sets to a small campfire somewhere in Colorado 1800s

Billy the Kid:RB, whats your view on Gold,

RB: Billy, youre a fast gun but dont know sh!t about the yellow stuff, I believe its topping and the bull market is over and it will definately end at some point

There's bonds in them thar hills boy!

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

I think the more likely explanation is that Buffet got nothing to buy right now and just parking his money (even for 1-2% yield) so that he gets his money

back when he need it. Buffet normally does not make macro calls.

hello are you crazy

HOLA449
HOLA4410

which probably means buffet is positioned for deflation, what buffet says he does is different to what buffet does..

What rubbish.

The fact that is joe public on here all believe in deflation.

This is the mainstream view.

The fundamentals support the opposing view.

It is a joke to compare us or the USA to Japan when they were an economy of savers, producers.

Look at the fundamentals.

it's negative interest rates for the next decade.

The 30 year bull market in fixed income and cash is ending. This is the blow out stage when joe public buys into fixed income.

Equities and commodities the only chance of maintaining one's weatlh over the next 20 years.

Edited by ringledman

HOLA4411

The fact that is joe public on here all believe in deflation poo-pants

may I suggest at this juncture that from my dad's view - things lookiffy therefore all wealth must be stored in the high street buildng society?

(same thing as what you are saying but interpreted for the masses)

oh yeah - that, or a new patio/bathroom/sofa (etc)

HOLA4412

Remember "I create nothing, I own" Gordon Gekko (Wallstreet).

Billionaires aren't too worried by the "dollar value" of their wealth. It could be worth $1Billion or $50Billion.

The key is the percentage owned, of key income producing assets/monopolies/cartels.

---

If you and I were on an island - you have $50 billion and I owned 100% of the island (inc. water, farms, army of serfs). Who is the richer?

HOLA4413
The key is the percentage owned, of key income producing assets/monopolies/cartels.

---

If you and I were on an island - you have $50 billion and I owned 100% of the island (inc. water, farms, army of serfs). Who is the richer?

The key is the spread above the risk free rate.

If you lived on an island and were holding $50bn, you'd probably be holding it in treasury stock.

So then it comes back to an argument of par, market price, coupon, liquidity/ depth - and GDP (of the nations concerned).

Either way, your first sentence is entirely correct (although the point is to own stocks earning relatively high risk adjusted flows - not all asset mixes are equivalent)...