House Price Crash Forum

News At Ten

HOLA441

well well, headline that house values are falling and they expect this trend to continue till the end of the year due to influx of new properties on the market recently. Something to do with hips being abolished they reckon, oh and something to do with there been no buyers around too.

Could the hpc lot be nipping out for hefty amounts of popcorn in the very near future?

btw, the second headline was something about a double dip. I do like a Sherbert Dip, yum yum.

Edited by i'm Alan Partridge

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

well well, headline that house values are falling and they expect this trend to continue till the end of the year due to influx of new properties on the market recently. Something to do with hips being abolished they reckon, oh and something to do with there been no buyers around too.

Could the hpc lot be nipping out for hefty amounts of popcorn in the very near future?

btw, the second headline was something about a double dip. I do like a Sherbert Dip, yum yum.

post-10802-12810298110031.jpg

Actually for Cameron and Osborne the Double Dipsticks, its not so much, "too much ...too soon", its that  they haven't done anything to change the banks.

The banks need to be broken up, prevented from paying themselves huge bonuses which are nothing to do with generating real profit (but purely growth in the money supply) and then get lending direct to industry. Personally I'd have nationalised all the banks, wiped out all the shareholders, and done something extra special to bring down Goldman Sachs which was bailed out by the back door.

HOLA446
HOLA447

The presenters are beginning to speak up, when it came up on the local news the presenter said that surely falling house prices are a good thing; mainly so that locals could then afford to buy. Take a bow Martin Bailie, climbing on to the pedestal that Kate Silverton ascended to last week.

The party line of the MSM has broken and the bears are loose.

Except for the Express obviously, in whose parallel universe house prices are still undoubtedly expected to "SOAR!".

JS - keep your mind to yourself please.

HOLA448
HOLA449

post-10802-12810298110031.jpg

Actually for Cameron and Osborne the Double Dipsticks, its not so much, "too much ...too soon", its that  they haven't done anything to change the banks.

The banks need to be broken up, prevented from paying themselves huge bonuses which are nothing to do with generating real profit (but purely growth in the money supply) and then get lending direct to industry. Personally I'd have nationalised all the banks, wiped out all the shareholders, and done something extra special to bring down Goldman Sachs which was bailed out by the back door.

Well, this has to happen sometime, but would you want to do it?

HOLA4410

Yes yes, lots of bear news stories. Some mentions that falling prices are good. But do we really think the media has an appetite for a HPC? I am not yet convinced.

I wish i had kept a count yesterday of how many times I heard the headline 'fears for the economy as house prices fall'.

Juxtaposing falling houseprices with 'bad news' does nothing to propogate the message that falling prices are good. Instead it subtly re-inforces the ill-informed belief that price increases are desireable.

HOLA4411

Yes yes, lots of bear news stories. Some mentions that falling prices are good. But do we really think the media has an appetite for a HPC? I am not yet convinced.

I wish i had kept a count yesterday of how many times I heard the headline 'fears for the economy as house prices fall'.

Juxtaposing falling houseprices with 'bad news' does nothing to propogate the message that falling prices are good. Instead it subtly re-inforces the ill-informed belief that price increases are desireable.

This is what got me with the reporting yesterday: it is still the 'house prices falling is bad' meme. Our economy is presented as being totally dependent upon rising house prices, i.e., that rising house prices are a good thing.

Nowhere is it explained that excessive house price inflation prices people out of the market, or that this is money sucked out of the productive (wealth generating) part of the economy, that house price rises have become divorced from the reality of incomes, or that we've had a enormous speculation-driven bubble in house prices - house prices are far too high for the good of the country, and have only been fuelled by reckless bank lending.

Houses, banks, debt - rinse and repeat!

It's so obvious, yet the MSM still won't say it.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

The more it is just mentioned on the MSM the better, whether the sheeple still think high = good and drops = bad doesn`t matter, people will make panicked decisions the more "house price collapse" is rammed under their nose. When the sheeple think things will tick along or prices will "recover" they remain greedy IMO and will hold out for gains or "no losses", when they panic fear will stalk the land and people will make sensible cuts in price to get out, it is all building nicely to that situation and what happened yesterday in the media is important.

Many people have plenty of room to cut their price and still break even, my landlord paid about 70k for his flat, people in the block have paid up to 170k for the same flat, if people like my landlord decide they want out at 90k it is wet pants time for many late buyers leading to further panic and further collapse which breaks the stranglehold the VI`s and banks have had over this economy for too long. All good IMO. The sheeple caught in the middle will just have to march on Downing street and demand a council house the building/purchase of which should be paid by the banks? (of course there is not really a need to build any more houses, but the sight of outraged bubble buyers marching would be entertaining)