House Price Crash Forum

Us - Bp / Lybia / Al Megrahi

HOLA441

So, the yanks are now saying they are going to come to the UK to get answers as they have failed to summon UK Politicians to Washington.

Given that they have refused to even consider appearing at the Chilcot enquiry, but are disgusted that UK citizens won't be bullied - I would like to know:

- Who the fvck do they think they are?

- What exactly are they going to do if they plant find evidence that there was wrongdoing? Invade?

- Why don't they suck their own sphincters?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWS-FoXbjVI&feature=related

HOLA442
HOLA443

Agreed on all counts. Much as I dislike Jack Straw, I was very glad to see none of our peeps cow-towing to the bullies from across the water. After the appalling acting-out in their supposed evidence gathering hearing, I'm surprised they really expect anyone from outside the US to appear and support another of their pantomimes. Puerile theatrics - they need cutting off at the knees.

BTW Thought it was Cameron's most inauspicious moment to date when he declared GB the 'Junior partner' and pressed home the point of our subservience. Most unimpressive.

HOLA444

Just watched Alex Salmond on Newsnight, asking why our Ministers should go to a US senate hearing in the USA, when the USA has never answered for their own actions in any other international jurisdiction. [Like the Chilcott Enquiry]

Fair Point.

So why did Labour introduce an extradition treaty, enabling the US to extradite, without evidence, the average British citizen to the US to face charges and trial?

Just another example of MP's thinking they are worth more than the average UK citizen, who is, expendable?

One rule for them, and another for us?

Organisations like Liberty should push this point and use it as ammunition, to stop UK citiizens being extradited to the US.

[The US have no reciprical extradition treaty, allowing their citizens to be sent to the UK. In fact as far as I recall, our government were the only governmnet in Europe to agree to allow our citizens to be extradited to the USA without evidence.]

Just another example of Home Office/Foreign office hypocrisy. And how little they care about the average UK citizen.

Make em go, and watch em sweat I say. [Even if will amount to a hill of beans and is being done as a side show, so the Senators can score brownie points with their constituents.]

Its about time Straw etc, faced a bit of their own medicine. [Especially after all the whitewashes they have pulled over here, with their, aherm, official enquiries, liike the Hutton enquiry, or situations like Iraq, and illegal wars]

HOLA445

Agreed on all counts. Much as I dislike Jack Straw, I was very glad to see none of our peeps cow-towing to the bullies from across the water. After the appalling acting-out in their supposed evidence gathering hearing, I'm surprised they really expect anyone from outside the US to appear and support another of their pantomimes. Puerile theatrics - they need cutting off at the knees.

BTW Thought it was Cameron's most inauspicious moment to date when he declared GB the 'Junior partner' and pressed home the point of our subservience. Most unimpressive.

I do see your point and I have no idea what he really meant by it - probably just tugging his forelock and lubing our collective ass for the septics ....

.. BUT I'd like to think what he was really doing was just shattering the myth that everyone, for some bizarre reason, pretended to believe, that the yanks gives a dead-baby-rat's-anus about the UK. That he was trying to reset the playing field, to let them know we realise we are being bummed. That we expect them to at least give us a bit of a reach-around, even if it is half hearted and falls short of satisfying our needs..... I'm amazed Cameron doesn't get me on his speech writing team ...

HOLA446
Guest X-QUORK

Couldn't agree more about that. I think DC needs to watch what he says a little more carefully in future.

The Yanks can go **** themselves with a fishfork.

HOLA447
HOLA448

Jack Straw show backbone - the mans a fooking worm - he said one day he'd be happy to go, then after Salmond and co said "No way Jose" he changed his tune to match.

He really is a slimy little c0ck of a politician - as Salmond said - serving ministers cannot be expected to go. Straw is not a serving minister anymore and his departure to the US would result in no such constitutional issues.

Is he not a laywer by trade - FFS - that explains it all.

HOLA449
HOLA4410

Yes, this whole issue is just US posturing.  

BP may have said it would be convenient if Al Megrahi is released, but is that any different from me saying it would be convenient if my horse came up in the grand national.  I am not assuming for one moment BP influenced the decision and more than I can influence a horse race.

HOLA4411

Yes, this whole issue is just US posturing.

BP may have said it would be convenient if Al Megrahi is released, but is that any different from me saying it would be convenient if my horse came up in the grand national. I am not assuming for one moment BP influenced the decision and more than I can influence a horse race.

Two separate issues.

If BP did, or even could have, influenced the Govt and judicial system it is both absolutely disgusting and not at all surprising. Frankly it should be dealt with.

However, the US unilaterally demanding UK politicians (who have already stated their position) show up to their Kangaroo court and then publicly announcing they will come to the UK to get answers if they don't - simply demonstrates that the US believes it has universal jurisdiction and that all other countries are merely US subjects.

The UK has it's own justice system for instances such as this. If it fails to act appropriately there are various international bodies that can take action - the US senate clearly believes it has authority above all of this.

HOLA4412

Two separate issues.

If BP did, or even could have, influenced the Govt and judicial system it is both absolutely disgusting and not at all surprising. Frankly it should be dealt with.

However, the US unilaterally demanding UK politicians (who have already stated their position) show up to their Kangaroo court and then publicly announcing they will come to the UK to get answers if they don't - simply demonstrates that the US believes it has universal jurisdiction and that all other countries are merely US subjects.

The UK has it's own justice system for instances such as this. If it fails to act appropriately there are various international bodies that can take action - the US senate clearly believes it has authority above all of this.

Absolutely 100% agree, +1, couldnt put it better myself old chap etc.

HOLA4413

Let em come. On the basis that they will give evidence in our enquiry that blows the lid on why he was banged up in the first place... and who conspired to release him days before his appeal.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

I would of liked to have the Kennedys bought here and lynched for their support and fundraising for the IRA.

Heck, most the democrat party was in bed with the IRA at one point.

Don't bring up the American support of the IRA. With this whole "War on Terror" thing, it all gets very confusing for the Yanks. They just wouldn't know which way to point the gun.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

IIRC The Yanks wanted sanctions against Libya until the relatives of the Lockerbie victims were compensated.

Once settlement for the American victims was agreed, the Yanks lifted their sanctions. The relatives of the British victims didn't get compensation. The Yanks were prepared to do business with them.

This BP business is looking like they are trying to take the opportunity to bankrupt BP and take over it's assets; effectively to nationalise it.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

So, the yanks are now saying they are going to come to the UK to get answers as they have failed to summon UK Politicians to Washington.

Given that they have refused to even consider appearing at the Chilcot enquiry, but are disgusted that UK citizens won't be bullied - I would like to know:

- What exactly are they going to do if they plant find evidence that there was wrongdoing? Invade?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWS-FoXbjVI&feature=related

I think there are certainly questions that need answering.

the US would like some straight answers...fair enough.

I think we could reciprocate by calling in messrs bush and kissinger for a stint in the hot seat.....we'd like to know how much preparation for a war in iraq/iran etc there was before 9/11......because if the conquest of the ME had been planned beforehand on a false pretext,then that in itself is VERY serious breach of protocol.

The US people are just as livid about this as we are,so there is no need to fall out over it,but the leadership needs to be brought to book.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422

The US people are just as livid about this as we are,so there is no need to fall out over it,but the leadership needs to be brought to book.

Do you have evidence for this? I've not had opportunity to discuss with US friends, but am interested to know... do you have any links?

HOLA4423

...yeah...they should be keeping themselves busy looking into Goldman Sachs....OK Scotland's Government could have made a mistake ...but ...the issue of Goldman Sachs is more important and it's in their backyard ....bigger then BP too... :rolleyes:

HOLA4424

...yeah...they should be keeping themselves busy looking into Goldman Sachs....OK Scotland's Government could have made a mistake ...but ...the issue of Goldman Sachs is more important and it's in their backyard ....bigger then BP too... :rolleyes:

The real mistake is in not pursuing a proper investigation into the bombing in the first place.

HOLA4425

The real mistake is in not pursuing a proper investigation into the bombing in the first place.

Agreed. No-one has been told the truth. The evidence they used to convict, does not stack up.

This is a good summary in the LRB:

http://www.lrb.co.uk...g-of-al-megrahi

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone remember the Case of BA Flight 149?

Where a flight was diverted to land in Iraq, giving Saddam a human shield of hostages?

A group of men, [presumably SAS and MI6] got on the plane, just before it departed, then vanished when it landed in Iraq.

The british government orchestarted the plane to land in Iraq, giving Saddam British citizens as hostages.

The French passengers, and the American passengers, got hundreds of thousands, and millions in out of court damages from BA.

Yet the British passengers got to told to F@ck off, without a penny by the Law Lords.

http://www.newstates...om/200307280012

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ourr Government really dont give a f@ck about their own citizens.

Archived