House Price Crash Forum

Property Bee Shows It Like It Is.

HOLA441

Another property from my neck of the woods, and you'll need Property Bee to see the whole picture:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-24458842.html

The tinkering with the words is laughable and clearly these people are pretty desperate to sell. Changing from 'Family room' to 'FAMILY ROOM' should have got the punters flood in. Clearly a wise EA. Does anyone on here know what else they could do to improve their chances of shifting a barn priced at half a million pounds?

HOLA442

Another property from my neck of the woods, and you'll need Property Bee to see the whole picture:

http://www.rightmove...y-24458842.html

The tinkering with the words is laughable and clearly these people are pretty desperate to sell. Changing from 'Family room' to 'FAMILY ROOM' should have got the punters flood in. Clearly a wise EA. Does anyone on here know what else they could do to improve their chances of shifting a barn priced at half a million pounds?

OT but any chance of Property Bee Developers (if they view the forum) can develop a PB extension for Chrome?

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

It's not a bad gaff, if you want to remortgage to heat the place every winter... some people like these big roomy barns I guess. But in all honesty, nobody who needs to work in the area can afford half a million quid, surely? If it is trying to appeal to the holiday home buying banker type, do they want to live on top of the M5? The motorway would stop me even bothering to look, even if I had half a million quid burning a hole in my pocket...

HOLA446

Ooh, I like the cut of your jib. A single reduction from 535k to 515k on March 26th. Nicely in time for the spring buying market which is why it flew off of the shelves. Oh, hang on...

Half a million pounds to live 200yds from 6 lanes of almost constant motorway traffic. If you're in Somerset I defy you to drive down there, park outside, get out of your car and try and hear yourself think.

Oh Dear.

HOLA447

Half a million pounds to live 200yds from 6 lanes of almost constant motorway traffic. If you're in Somerset I defy you to drive down there, park outside, get out of your car and try and hear yourself think.

Oh Dear.

It does say 'all reasonable offers considered'. Looks like a nice place in a bit of a shit location.

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

Here, is what my bee is buzzing me...

History

date event

domingo, 13 de junio de 2010

* Initial entry found.

huh.gif

sounds like it isn't picking up the groups' property bee info - do you have a pro[perty bee id and are you logged in thru the property bee application?

HOLA4411

sounds like it isn't picking up the groups' property bee info - do you have a pro[perty bee id and are you logged in thru the property bee application?

Just done that but still coming up as 515k initial entry found?

Thanks for your help anyway, I'm away to investigate. Wouldn't like to be missing out on valuable information now!

EDIT - Fixed now. Note to self 'Full History' :rolleyes:

Edited by acidreign

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Agree with most people-looks freakin freezing to me. One of those places that your glad when you're in bed.

HOLA4418

I never understand this "fabulous double height space" thing. Even I remember that heat rises, and I did Physics O level many decades ago. You are therefore paying to heat large volumes of space that nobody ever uses (unless they can walk on air).

When medieval hall houses were converted in the Early Modern period the occupants put an upper floor in all the way from one end to the other, the better to maximise the useable space.

Also, got to love the cooking smells pervading most of the house in most barn conversions.

HOLA4419

If it was near me it would be nearer £700k. <<Sigh>>

When I say neither bull nor bear, I mean don't know. I suppose I should be a bear, but am just too depressed about the whole damn thing............

Edited by luckygirl

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422

I never understand this "fabulous double height space" thing. Even I remember that heat rises, and I did Physics O level many decades ago. You are therefore paying to heat large volumes of space that nobody ever uses (unless they can walk on air).

When medieval hall houses were converted in the Early Modern period the occupants put an upper floor in all the way from one end to the other, the better to maximise the useable space.

Also, got to love the cooking smells pervading most of the house in most barn conversions.

Aye,

open plan = open wallet

HOLA4423
HOLA4424

We just moved from a 400 year old coach house to a modern house (both rented!) and the coach house had 10 ft ceilings and single glazing. I spent 4500 on oil in 18 months and never got the place over 20 degrees in winter. Horrible horrible horrible. I thought I might like a period property until I rented that place. Mind you they've sold it from under me for 1.1M to some poor bloke who asked me as I was moving out "is it a warm house?" - er.... "no, it's bl##dy freezing" I replied... he'll learn.

Modern all the way for me from now...

oh, and that place near me would cost you 750-850k it's a frikkin' joke.

HOLA4425