House Price Crash Forum

Put Your Question To Gordon Brown Today...

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

Do you have a question for Gordo? Can you nail him to the floor on his ramping of the housing market? How about his wonderful handling of the economy?

I can't find the phone number on the website, but lines open from 11.30. Pick up the phone.

Gordon why havent you fckd off and died you snot gobbling See You Next Tuesday of intolerable proportions?

Do you think it will get through or should i spice it up a bit to make it more direct?

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Many of us have been priced out of being able to afford even a bedsit for 12 years.

You have destroyed our chances to get ahead in life.

And all you have ever done is continue with your lies. You are utter Scum.

Why dont you Raise IR to 10% to protect the pound, and encourage foreign investment?

Those who borrowed to much money to buy a house, or were encouraged to lie on their mortgage applications, by the bank, will be repossessed.

Yes.

But thats preferable, and fairer, than forcing me to pay for their houses. Isnt it?

I have already been forced to waste tens of thousands in rent.

Why should I pay for their debt, which ensures I will stay in Indentured slavery?

Nothing to show for a decade of hard work. No capital. Unable to get ahead.

Could you please kill yourself?

This is a serious question.

We F***** hate you and your Thieving SCUMbag Incompetent Party.

You have made such a disastrous mess of the UK it beggars and baffles belief.

Edited by Dan1

HOLA4413

Gordon, according to the Sunday Times rich list the wealthiest 1000 people in the country have seen their riches grow by 30% in the last year. This is a direct result of the combination of low interest rates to help the highly leveraged, a weak pound and your QE strategy which have increased the value of the most expensive properties as well as a shot in the arm for the stock market. By contrast the working man gets no interest on his savings, pensioners quite absurdly see their income rise in line with the falling cost of blu-ray players (despite the fact their basket of goods is 95% food and energy) and we all face a rising tax bill in future (at least those of us that cannot afford an expensive accountant).

In the light of what's happening in the real world, as opposed to the land of milk and honey that only exists in your mind, please explain why you constantly witter on about a future fair for all!

HOLA4414

Gordon, according to the Sunday Times rich list the wealthiest 1000 people in the country have seen their riches grow by 30% in the last year. This is a direct result of the combination of low interest rates to help the highly leveraged, a weak pound and your QE strategy which have increased the value of the most expensive properties as well as a shot in the arm for the stock market. By contrast the working man gets no interest on his savings, pensioners quite absurdly see their income rise in line with the falling cost of blu-ray players (despite the fact their basket of goods is 95% food and energy) and we all face a rising tax bill in future (at least those of us that cannot afford an expensive accountant).

In the light of what's happening in the real world, as opposed to the land of milk and honey that only exists in your mind, please explain why you constantly witter on about a future fair for all!

Browns world of fantasy fairness only applies when you buy yourself a house. If you don't buy a house then you can f*ck right off.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

Do you have a question for Gordo? Can you nail him to the floor on his ramping of the housing market? How about his wonderful handling of the economy?

I can't find the phone number on the website, but lines open from 11.30. Pick up the phone.

11.30? The only listing for 11.30 for Radio 4 today is this:

11:30

Charles Hawtrey: That Funny Fella with the Glasses

A revealing insight into Charles Hawtrey, one of Britain's most memorable comedy actors.

Which might prove to be a more accurate reflection on the direction this country is headed as opposed to anything that gold-selling, house-price ramping, world-saving unelected moron has to say...

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419

11.30? The only listing for 11.30 for Radio 4 today is this:

11:30

Charles Hawtrey: That Funny Fella with the Glasses

A revealing insight into Charles Hawtrey, one of Britain's most memorable comedy actors.

Which might prove to be a more accurate reflection on the direction this country is headed as opposed to anything that gold-selling, house-price ramping, world-saving unelected moron has to say...

I think there is a clue in the title of the programme - 'world at 1'

phone lines open at 11:30 - phone number is 03700 100 444

HOLA4420

How so? Prices are up 10% from last year, you are rich, rich I tells ya :P

But I already have a house, and I can't spend that 10% unless i sell it, and then my kids will get wet when it rains.

Meanwhile, he's stolen my pension, robs an ever growing lump of my income, made getting to work much more expensive, dumbed down the education system, sold my country to the EU, let millions of immigrants in, sold the nations gold reserves, put our financial and physical security at risk, and borrowed vast amounts of money in my name.

HOLA4421

I was going to try and get a question worded here about his pride at the news there aren't enough houses in the UK for everyone, thus keeping prices unaffordable

But whats the point? he hasn't answered a single question honestly ever

Besides, as some have said, he's an irrelevance. Labour have been beaten into 3rd and he will be gone on May 7th

Worst possible case scenario is him coming 2nd to the Cons, which would give Labour the most seats, and ensure he probably stays on despite never winning an election

How depressing would that be? another 5 years of that loathsome, lying turd

:ph34r:

Edited by pete.hpc

HOLA4422

Thanks for the heads up.

Can't really hang around by a phone all day (I'm at work). So I expect the usual daytime suspects will be on the line with trivial questions.

Have emailed this instead. http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/features/the-world-at-one/contact/

Dear Gordon Brown,

Why do you stop at nothing to maintain high house prices? Why do you pay the mortgages of those who borrowed more than they could afford to repay? Have you heard of the term "moral hazard"? Why does my family pay more than a third of our income in rent to a buy-to-let investor who gets tax-relief on his mortgage interest payments? Tell me how shared ownership does not simply keep prices insanely high? Why should my children pay for your mistakes? How do you sleep at night, let alone expect to be prime minister in a month's time?

HOLA4423

Gordon, why are you still here you tw@t.

Of failing that, the real killer:

Do you think you'll leave the country in a better state than when you found it?

Although TBH I don't give a damn what he thinks.

HOLA4424

But I already have a house, and I can't spend that 10% unless i sell it, and then my kids will get wet when it rains.

Meanwhile, he's stolen my pension, robs an ever growing lump of my income, made getting to work much more expensive, dumbed down the education system, sold my country to the EU, let millions of immigrants in, sold the nations gold reserves, put our financial and physical security at risk, and borrowed vast amounts of money in my name.

B-b-b-but house prices have remained high, so all is good, right? :lol:

The negative vibe you are projecting there tells me you need to report to the Brown Re-edification Clinic for another shot of the 'happy happy' HPI wonder drug. Then you too will see there is no spoon, simply a world of never ending house price increases that make you and your children rich.

HOLA4425

Gordon, the biggest expenditure in the life of the average person is a house. There has long been a defined 'ladder'. People buy a starter home, pay down some of the mortgage and then look a little further up the ladder when they have accumulated some equity.

In the last 10 years whilst you have been at Nos 10 and 11 the housing market has spiralled out of control amidst a credit boom. This has given unearned equity to those who were early participants in the housing market boom. The later someone made the biggest spending decision of their life, the less unearned equity they accumulated.

This has created a situation where current owners and mortgagors have varying degrees of unearned equity which is to be paid for by new entrants to the market.

Why do you feel perpetuating this uneven and inequitable situation is favourable? In the light of suggestions that the housing market is between 30 and 50% overvalued, why do you feel that you can offer first time buyers a stamp duty amnesty and still appear on my tv proclaiming you and your party are the only ones who are fair?

When will fairness reach the hardworking savers and would be first time buyers? Why does my deposit earn no interest? Why do you think you have served me well by maintaining bubble prices due to the fact we didn't build as many houses as the americans?

And please tell me why you smile whilst recalling how you have screwed me and millions of others.

Please either stop saying 'a future fair for all' or fvcking do something about it instead of merely trotting out a few meaningless buzzwords that you cannot back up and have no intention of delivering!

Edited by Caveat Mortgagor