House Price Crash Forum

List Your Favourite Hpc Clichés

PopGun

HOLA441

Here we go (a golden oldie that one!)

And the sign of the ubercunt poster: "End of" as a single sentence.

See also "+1" and "Simples" as the mark of the UC.

It's a shame to see some of the old favorites no longer have currency on HPC. I can remember when the vaporware Iranian Oil Bourse and Bird Flu were much discussed as presaging the much longed for crash.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

People who tack 'Reptile people' onto the end of any post in an attempt to discredit opinions that are non-mainstream.

People who take pride in blindly swallowing what ever contrarian non mainstream crackpot theory that come along because it's backed up wth a youtube video

"All mainstream science is a fiction created by the NWO illuminati elite in order to enslave us all. "

"All modern day medicine is a sham created by the NWO illuminati elite with a view to culling the population (for some as yet unspecified reason) and all vaccines are Jim Jones Kool Aid also designed to kill us all. Taking huge amounts of D3 is all that's needed to prevent getting those CIA created diseases like cancer / AIDS / Swine Flu ebola etc etc"

Any reference to Kool Aid drinking.

British Bolshevik Corporation Pravda etc etc

The BNP are the only answer to everything that ails modern Britain

The BNP are the only problem facing modern Britain

Women are all money grabbing bitches and the real problem facing modern Britain.

Boomers are all money grabbing bitches and the real problem facing modern Britain.

"I know it's from the Daily Mail but"

Immediate dismissal of anything ever published in the facist Daily Wail / Hate or the communist Guardian etc etc

"David Cameron / George Osborn may be a c*ck but"

This country is doomed / going to the dogs / ruined / collapsing

I don't find lady boys attractive, just confusing

HOLA447

People who take pride in blindly swallowing what ever contrarian non mainstream crackpot theory that come along because it's backed up wth a youtube video

"All mainstream science is a fiction created by the NWO illuminati elite in order to enslave us all. "

"All modern day medicine is a sham created by the NWO illuminati elite with a view to culling the population (for some as yet unspecified reason) and all vaccines are Jim Jones Kool Aid also designed to kill us all. Taking huge amounts of D3 is all that's needed to prevent getting those CIA created diseases like cancer / AIDS / Swine Flu ebola etc etc"

Women are all money grabbing bitches and the real problem facing modern Britain.

Boomers are all money grabbing bitches and the real problem facing modern Britain.

Immediate dismissal of anything ever published in the facist Daily Wail / Hate or the communist Guardian etc etc

Is there anything left once you've ignored that lot? We'd be down to about 3 posts a day.

HOLA448
Guest theboltonfury

What's all this about Kool Aid?

HOLA449

What's all this about Kool Aid?

Jim Jones was a 70's cult leader who got hundreds of his supporters to drink poisoned Kool Aid when his encampment was about to be busted; it's become short hand for extreme sheeple gullibility (or anyone who believes anything they read, ever from any source, except of course when it comes with a youtube video or Alex Jones)

jones.timecover.jpg

HOLA4410
Guest theboltonfury

Jim Jones was a 70's cult leader who got hundreds of his supporters to drink poisoned Kool Aid when his encampment was about to be busted; it's become short hand for extreme sheeple gullibility (or anyone who believes anything they read, ever from any source, except of course when it comes with a youtube video or Alex Jones)

jones.timecover.jpg

I should imagine that the marketing people over at Kool Aid HQ where not impressed with this little stunt.

HOLA4411
Guest DoubleDigitCrackPipe

Anything involving "public sector", "workshy", "non-jobs" and the idea that the private sector is wonderful.

+1

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
Guest absolutezero

The persistent belief that the Laffer Curve as drawn is empirically derived rather than the expression of an idea (that fair enough, may have some truth to it).

Yes. The THEORETICAL Laffer Curve.

Economics is not a science.

'Theory' in economics is not the same as 'theory' in science.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
Guest happy?

Gold - anything but especially gold is the currency.

Orwell - never has a writer been more abused by people who quite clearly never read him, or worse read him but didn't understand (Urban Commando springs to mind here).

HOLA4417

"Anatole Kaletsky says ..." provokes a gag reaction

The following from the Times may interest you

Sir, Anatole Kaletsky states that the idea that inflation should be the sole target for an independent Bank of England is the next item of “old conventional wisdom” that may have to be rejected by whoever is prime minister after the election (“If interest rates rise, our prospects plummet”, Opinion, Mar 11). He is wrong in his assertion that it is the sole objective now. The actual mandate of the Bank is to maintain price stability, and subject to that, to support the economic policy of the Government, including its objectives for growth and employment.

While some economists would wish for a clearer statement of the output objective it is clear in practice that the Bank allows inflation to rise above target as a result of shocks because to rein these shocks in would make output too volatile.

It may be that Mr Kaletsky wants a movement to a higher inflation target or perhaps no inflation target at all, only an output target. The implications of such a move would be a serious test of his inefficient , non-rational financial markets hypothesis.

Professor David. A. Peel

Department of Economics, University of Lancaster

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/letters/article7060050.ece

Which I think I'm right in saying is accademic speak for "stop wasting our time you clueless f***ing tw@t".

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424

TV tax, Benefit Scroungers, Diversity officer, 'I correctly called the crash/boom/bubble... whatever ' YAWN

"I'm calling the top". There's an old favourite that we haven't seen for a long time. Has anyone called the bottom yet?

HOLA4425

Archived