House Price Crash Forum

Rich People

tomandlu

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
Following on from there I found that a doctor is in trouble for publishing the super secret ink blots used in the Rorschach test.

In the first picture I saw baby elephants drinking at a water fountain. Am I mad?

If I ever take a Rorschach test, I'm going to say that every picture looks like a dog with its head split in two...

Speaking of which...

HOLA446
HOLA447

This is ********, it doesn't make them invulnerable to pain it just means they don't have the same need for attention that most people do, most people want others to agree with them or accept their or their points of view as they are insecure and feel they can't find acceptance.

Whereas when you are rich, YOU are the man. You don't feel inadequate or needy because you know that there are many people out there that can appreciate your success.

And you no longer have to prove yourself to others via other methods like being charming or attentive and hence probably appear cold and ruthless but really you are just one of the few fully satisfied men out there.

I always think that having to prove yourself via methods like charm and looks is a desperate act, whether it's making a sale or finding a girlfriend. It's better to BE the person you want to be, then you don't have to prove shit and you can just go with the flow. Though obviously being moderately charming and handsome is important, i mean a lot of people go out there way to try and be the best in these respects which i find very desperate.

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
[...]

Whereas when you are rich, YOU are the man. You don't feel inadequate or needy because you know that there are many people out there that can appreciate your success.

And you no longer have to prove yourself to others via other methods like being charming or attentive and hence probably appear cold and ruthless but really you are just one of the few fully satisfied men out there.

[..]

Funny the majority of the (apparently) rich people I've met seem to have a desparate, almost pathetic, desire to flaunt their wealth and show-off as if it affirms their whole reason for being <_<

Maybe they were just fake rich with lots of debt though ;)

HOLA4413

The causal link is from personality to wealth.

On the whole you can't really get much done if you're always worried about what other people think. I think of my best man at my wedding, really really clever guy but completely useless in business because he wants to please people. You have to not care about whether they think you're stupid, or wrong, or nasty. It's a sliding scale of course, and the more you are towards the "couldn't care less" end of things the less constrained you are. Doesn't make you a success, but prevents you from stopping yourself.

At the farthest end you have complete psychopaths, who can make brilliant businessmen because they really will manipulate and do anything. Very scary.

HOLA4414
Funny the majority of the (apparently) rich people I've met seem to have a desparate, almost pathetic, desire to flaunt their wealth and show-off as if it affirms their whole reason for being <_<

Maybe they were just fake rich with lots of debt though ;)

+1

Yes, they very often are. There was a guy in Shropshire on the telly who killed his daughter and wife before killing himself because he couldn't face the shame - he'd done it all on debt and flaunted it like crazy.

I know that type, they make me laugh because they've always got all the gear and I know they aren't worth buttons deep down.

HOLA4415

On the whole you can't really get much done if you're always worried about what other people think.

Spot on, most people are too hung up on what people think and this model usually applies to businesses like this-

"You aren't a big successful company so you will never be a big successful company"

An illogial fallacy yet this is the opinion of most people I know in a nutshell. So you are leftover with ten times less people doing business because of personality factors (insecurity etc). And out of the ones left trying 90% of them fail because they lacked business sense, the fact they tried had nothing to do with intelligence just confidence.

In my experience the most testing part of doing business is when you are commiting the time and resources without knowing it will be successful, yet most people don't even reach the planning stage due to having the wrong mindset.

Honestly I think the best mindset to have is to believe you will be successful and then at the very least you should be semi-successful with enough hard work.

HOLA4416
Spot on, most people are too hung up on what people think and this model usually applies to businesses like this-

"You aren't a big successful company so you will never be a big successful company"

An illogial fallacy yet this is the opinion of most people I know in a nutshell. So you are leftover with ten times less people doing business because of personality factors (insecurity etc). And out of the ones left trying 90% of them fail because they lacked business sense, the fact they tried had nothing to do with intelligence just confidence.

In my experience the most testing part of doing business is when you are commiting the time and resources without knowing it will be successful, yet most people don't even reach the planning stage due to having the wrong mindset.

Honestly I think the best mindset to have is to believe you will be successful and then at the very least you should be semi-successful with enough hard work.

Good old state education eh?

Where would we be without it!

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
Following on from there I found that a doctor is in trouble for publishing the super secret ink blots used in the Rorschach test.

In the first picture I saw baby elephants drinking at a water fountain. Am I mad?

Rorschach_blot_01.jpg

They look like sluts who should be slaughtered with a knife while having a shower, like the mummified corpse of my dead mother tells me to do. She also says wear a dress while doing it.

Perhaps I should keep this to myself at my next session with the prison shrink though?

HOLA4420

I suspect this experiment is ******, but they were a little more together than that. They didn't study a group of rich people and a group of poor people. The got one lot of people to count bundles of money, and another group to count bundles of scrap paper. Then they ran tests.

So, they seem to be saying that proximity to money turns you into a sh1t.

I suspect that the the numbers tested were too small, and double-blind wasn't effectively preserved. I also suspect they may be right.... :)

HOLA4421
I suspect this experiment is ******, but they were a little more together than that. They didn't study a group of rich people and a group of poor people. The got one lot of people to count bundles of money, and another group to count bundles of scrap paper. Then they ran tests.

So, they seem to be saying that proximity to money turns you into a sh1t.

I suspect that the the numbers tested were too small, and double-blind wasn't effectively preserved. I also suspect they may be right.... :)

Weird....

HOLA4422
Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable
They look like sluts who should be slaughtered with a knife while having a shower, like the mummified corpse of my dead mother tells me to do. She also says wear a dress while doing it.

Perhaps I should keep this to myself at my next session with the prison shrink though?

Two happy elephants porking a candlestick keeping a lookout in case they get caught.

Edited by DissipatedYouthIsValuable

HOLA4423
HOLA4424

The difference between the rich and the poor is money and not much more.

Example.

Paris Hilton.

No link needed.

But for Daddy's gazillions she would be living in a trailer, on welfare, polishing her nails, without health insurance.

Example.

Jamie Blandford, chav with a funny voice.

The link says it all.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamie_Spencer...ss_of_Blandford

HOLA4425