House Price Crash Forum

Usa Is Over

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
Looks like the world has eventually realised that the USA is finished (along with the UK)

Gold $1010

Silver $16.80

$index 76.6

The shift away from the $ has begun, expect huge gains in $ denominated commodities/precious metals

The Fed must be doing cart wheels right now trying to suppress gold and silver

Surely too early to call although I agree with the direction - I would be waiting for gold to push past $1030. <10 days if you're right

HOLA445

from Moneyweek email today re China's shift to precious metals

The government is telling its people to buy gold. What’s more, every bank will sell gold and silver bullion bars in four different sizes to individuals, and China’s largest bank, the ICBC, is setting up a precious metals department to handle growing investor demand.

HOLA446
HOLA447

The government is telling its people to buy gold. What’s more, every bank will sell gold and silver bullion bars in four different sizes to individuals, and China’s largest bank, the ICBC, is setting up a precious metals department to handle growing investor demand.

Meanwhile the UK tv is full of adverts from people who want to buy your old jewellery.

The Chinese must be nuts. They don't want our worthless paper anymore, but they'll still work for our worthless old shiny metal.

HOLA448

where's my nearest chinese bank branch office?

HOLA449
The Chinese must be nuts. They don't want our worthless paper anymore,

Easily solved, make them a Take 2 - Pay for 1 offer one week

then a Take 3 - Pay for 1 offer the next week.

Ah ........... I can see a flaw with this plan.

Meanwhile the 'team' have just 'corrected' gold;

& on such a busy Friday too :rolleyes:

HOLA4410
Easily solved, make them a Take 2 - Pay for 1 offer one week

then a Take 3 - Pay for 1 offer the next week.

Ah ........... I can see a flaw with this plan.

Meanwhile the 'team' have just 'corrected' gold;

& on such a busy Friday too :rolleyes:

This is excellent news!!!!!

The UK has substantial amounts of Gold tucked safely away, put aside for such an occasion.

Oh no we don't, do we. Gordon sold it all off at bargain basement prices.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
Looks like the world has eventually realised that the USA is finished (along with the UK)

Gold $1010

Silver $16.80

$index 76.6

The shift away from the $ has begun, expect huge gains in $ denominated commodities/precious metals

The Fed must be doing cart wheels right now trying to suppress gold and silver

Add to this that 10y Treasury yield is down to 3.29% (from 3.41% exactly 24h ago), meaning the treasuries are rallying. How do you explain this? Stocks also up. Credit also rallying. Doesn't this imply there is overliquidity and money is being put to work just in about everything? Err, anyone ever seen a bubble created by credit expansion :unsure: .... :P

HOLA4413

Anecdotal:

Was talking to my mother yesterday about her auctioning my grandmothers furniture etc after her death. She attended the auction and was talking to the auctioneer prior to the auction start who told her to keep an eye on the 2 chinese ladies who he said did nothing but travel between auctions day in, day out.

They bid on every scrap bit of gold and purchased pretty much everything they bid on. They showed no interest at all in items with high reserves due to the quality of workmanship, antique value etc. It was literally just scrap they were after and they had plenty of money to spend and bought as much as possible

The auction was last november by the way, in the midlands.

Not suggesting these were agents of the chinese state or anything like that....probably just private individuals who knew how to buy gold on the cheap

HOLA4414
Meanwhile the UK tv is full of adverts from people who want to buy your old jewellery.

The Chinese must be nuts. They don't want our worthless paper anymore, but they'll still work for our worthless old shiny metal.

as i said on the other thread last week, if they're so clever why weren't they offering to buy gold etc some time before these near record high prices. and i added, they obviously think it might go higher, (so they are stocking up). and as we can see, looks like the clever chinese are the reason for this demand. looks like china is going to emerge laughing from all this, and we're going to be left looking Third World.

This is excellent news!!!!!

The UK has substantial amounts of Gold tucked safely away, put aside for such an occasion.

Oh no we don't, do we. Gordon sold it all off at bargain basement prices.

you must be mistaken, the man who has engineered the swiftest recovery from a Depression ever could not possibly have sold off our gold reserves at gold's almost record low prices in the late 1990s, you obviously have got it all wrong and may i be the first to remind you that you are overdue your session at the re-education centre

HOLA4415

My Gawd, ITV2, 'er indoors' fave channel, has a sell-your-gold advert by one of several outfits during every commercial break, or it seems to anyway. The mindless junk that fills their schedule was almost unbearable before they came along, now it's bordering on purgatory, particularly when that wrinkled old has-been Anne Diamond tries to elicit the unwary to sell for as low as 30% of spot price value.

As for the Chinese, Global Gordon needs to have a word with his opposite number, who's an okay fella as brutal dictators go, to inform him that his billion-odd slaves need to work harder and save more in order to purchase wagon loads of gilts.

HOLA4416
For a website dedicated to unsustainable bubbles in the housing market there are a lot of people telling people to pile into gold when it is at the highest point for a long time......but it is different this time.....supply and demand.......

similar comment to yours has been made many times before and i would agree with your point, i have never said to anyone to pile into gold, although actually i wish i had piled into euros and gold when people on this website first suggested it, but i never got round to it although i did open an account with a gold money type supplier online a long time back. as a result i have probably missed out. but then i missed out on the stock market rally too.

things have been so rocky that some of us dont know what to do for the best.

i also decided if i could not put the gold in my own home safely, i was not too happy about it being somewhere else insured or not, just my personal (and probably silly) pref.

HOLA4417
For a website dedicated to unsustainable bubbles in the housing market there are a lot of people telling people to pile into gold when it is at the highest point for a long time......but it is different this time.....supply and demand.......

Quick get on the boat before it's too late. They're not making it anymore.

Is it too late to start Goldpricecrash.co.uk ??

HOLA4418

Compared to fiat currency it is. But take a look at the price compared to RPI since its previous peak. Depending on your measure for prices it could easily be $2000 per ounce to reach the same peak as its last spike. On other measures considerably more.

HOLA4419
Quick get on the boat before it's too late. They're not making it anymore.

Is it too late to start Goldpricecrash.co.uk ??

Many a true word spoken in jest. Certainly more difficult to make a kilo ingot than print £20K in notes.

Gold is getting more difficult to extract and if energy prices go up it will make it more expensive too and close the marginal mines.

The output of gold is growing at a lower rate than population growth.

Thats what is special about gold. There is no easy way to produce it so, unlike paper money, will always be rare.

HOLA4420

This is hilarious.

Communist country flogging its gold reserves via it's govt. controlled bankster system to ignorant peasants.

What could possibly go wrong!!

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
Many a true word spoken in jest. Certainly more difficult to make a kilo ingot than print £20K in notes.

Gold is getting more difficult to extract and if energy prices go up it will make it more expensive too and close the marginal mines.

The output of gold is growing at a lower rate than population growth.

Thats what is special about gold. There is no easy way to produce it so, unlike paper money, will always be rare.

didnt they discover some wealth under the sea in Mexico? 7 Kms down?

HOLA4424
HOLA4425