The Jobs Bloodbath That Is To Come

Mega

HOLA441

Orange + T mobile= 7,500 lost jobs

Manufactoring (What little we had)

Building (Ho Ho)

GOVERMENT (To come!)

Banks (Very soon)

Factor all that in, add the fact that lots are returning to Poland etc.......Mega Tax rises........& i ask you, They talk about housing recovery?

Mike

HOLA442
Orange + T mobile= 7,500 lost jobs

Manufactoring (What little we had)

Building (Ho Ho)

GOVERMENT (To come!)

Banks (Very soon)

Factor all that in, add the fact that lots are returning to Poland etc.......Mega Tax rises........& i ask you, They talk about housing recovery?

Mike

Shouldn't that reduce unemployment by freeing up jobs for those still here?

HOLA443
HOLA444
Shouldn't that reduce unemployment by freeing up jobs for those still here?

I think hes refering to it freeing up the houses they lived in, reducing demand for housing.

However I doubt its going to have much of an impact considering the places and how some of them lived while over here.

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
have I died and gone to hell?

Hmm. Maybe so.

The thing I don't get about NarcDonalds is the choice of characters which have plagued their advertising over the years.

I suppose I can get the clown thing. Kids like clowns, and they are supposed to make you feel good, but on the flip side, clowns are also very scary; ie John Wayne Gacy.

The hamburgler...well, I suppose that it is within reason to have a pantomime villain constantly nipping at the clowns heels and pilfering the odd burger...

Having the villain necessitates the existence of Officer Big Mac, who is supposed to keep the burgers safe for the kids, yadda yadda.

Now onto the weird stuff.

Grimace? What the hell is this guy about? He's a big lumbering purple smack head, who was just there in the beginning to steal milkshakes, but now just hangs about and does much of nothing. He looks like a gumdrop or bellend if you are so minded.

And how about the Fry Kids? They are basically dust mops flitting about on a speed hit, or are they a pair of nuts?

reference_grimace.jpg61616524_efadb8d7d4_m.jpg

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

The job loss is so steady/constant now that its not even news anymore as corporations reduce their staffing levels. We are losing around 120k jobs every month. In the start of the bloodletting we lost ~120k jobs a month, in the greenshoots we lost around ~120k jobs a month, now in the 'economic recovery' we are losing around 120k jobs a month.

As we move into next year we'll probably see firms stop firing outright in big moves to appease shareholders, and instead simply not replace people as they retire/quit/die. And watch small businesses/franchise break down one by one, being a trickle of jobs lost, but not that newsworthy. Just retirees has to be nearing 1 million people a year over the next decade.

The entire private sector in Britain is about 20 million people. So losing 1.5 million jobs in a year is quite severe if we stay on pace. To put that in comparison the entire active duty armed forces of the UK is 204,000 people.

HOLA4416
And watch small businesses/franchise break down one by one, being a trickle of jobs lost.

Its not a trickle its a flood. Non-retail serviced office space is at its lowest occupancy rate for years. So many small businesses have gone bust in the last 1.5 yrs its chilling. Many still going are non-companies which survive on grants from central government. Direct consequence of ponzi-based over-valuation of commercial property and rents. Still, at least the one-eyed tw*t has no interest in private enterprise and values (and rents) in this property sector are collapsing...

Edited by JonnyTomes

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
Hmm. Maybe so.

The thing I don't get about NarcDonalds is the choice of characters which have plagued their advertising over the years.

I suppose I can get the clown thing. Kids like clowns, and they are supposed to make you feel good, but on the flip side, clowns are also very scary; ie John Wayne Gacy.

The hamburgler...well, I suppose that it is within reason to have a pantomime villain constantly nipping at the clowns heels and pilfering the odd burger...

Having the villain necessitates the existence of Officer Big Mac, who is supposed to keep the burgers safe for the kids, yadda yadda.

Now onto the weird stuff.

Grimace? What the hell is this guy about? He's a big lumbering purple smack head, who was just there in the beginning to steal milkshakes, but now just hangs about and does much of nothing. He looks like a gumdrop or bellend if you are so minded.

And how about the Fry Kids? They are basically dust mops flitting about on a speed hit, or are they a pair of nuts?

reference_grimace.jpg61616524_efadb8d7d4_m.jpg

Mayor MacCheese was obviously a sly dig at the public sector...

HOLA4419

Wrong again, fools. Please read the memo and get back on message:

UK jobs market shows signs of green shoots

Britain's jobs market is showing signs of improvement for the first time in 17 months, according to a report by the Recruitment and Employment Confederation.

The analysis signals a return to growth of both permanent and temporary staff appointments during August - albeit only a marginal one.

For permanent placements, the index rose to 50.6 from July's 46.1, its highest level in 17 months and above the 50-level that separates contraction from expansion. For temporary staff, the index rose to 50.3 from 45.1, its highest since July 2008.

However, the number of vacancies available is still falling and wages and salaries are continuing to decline, the survey showed. :unsure:

Kevin Green, chief executive of REC, said: 'Employers are becoming more confident in their hiring decisions, with an increase in permanent recruitment and growth in temporary placements for the first time in over a year.'

Bernard Brown, partner and head of business services at KPMG, which helped compile the report, said: 'This is the first time we have seen really positive news for the UK jobs market in 17 months.

'However, it is too early to speculate whether this signals the end of the recession. One important factor to watch over the coming months will be how the public sector is coping with the financial and economic crisis.

'Given that employment costs are a substantial element of public sector spending, you would expect significant pressure on those costs going forward. This is likely to have a significant impact on the UK jobs market.'