HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
That sounds very nice, especially the black pudding. I assume the tomatoes were tinned in the best breakfast tradition?

Fresh from the greenhouse yesterday, small ones lightly fried whole.

An unusual breakfast for me as I fancied a change. I wouldn't bother posting my usual one (dull, dull, dull).

It's substantial enough not to need bread or toast with it.

Without wishing to pick on any individual poster do those who can't eat much / anything at breakfast have a stomach still irritated by alcohol from the night before or are they always like this?

I have known a very small number of people who have just one meal a day so I'm not suggesting anything.

HOLA4410
Guest DisposableHeroes

Muesli, whole milk, spoon full of honey and nice bug cup of tea (milk no sugar).

Egg's and the works sounds rather good though.

HOLA4411

Fruit Juice: one of my own half-wholemeal brown rolls. One half with Marmite and the other with Damson Jam made at the weekend from our trees picked last week at our French house.

Pretty nice too.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
Fresh from the greenhouse yesterday, small ones lightly fried whole.

An unusual breakfast for me as I fancied a change. I wouldn't bother posting my usual one (dull, dull, dull).

It's substantial enough not to need bread or toast with it.

Without wishing to pick on any individual poster do those who can't eat much / anything at breakfast have a stomach still irritated by alcohol from the night before or are they always like this?

I have known a very small number of people who have just one meal a day so I'm not suggesting anything.

All the people I know who don't eat breakfast and are over 40 are fat.

I suspect they eat late at night, the body lays down lard all night, and they're not hungry in the morning.

Edit : Cereal and fruits. I'm sooooo worthy....

HOLA4415
All the people I know who don't eat breakfast and are over 40 are fat.

I suspect they eat late at night, the body lays down lard all night, and they're not hungry in the morning.

Strangely enough I had this conversation this morning with someone who does exactly that. In fact it prompted me to start this thread. Don't skip breakfast. Don't eat late at night!

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
Guest DisposableHeroes
Actually, of all the 'boring cereals' Bran Flakes aren't too bad taste-wise. And yes, makes 'dropping the kids off at the pool' and easier task. Is that too crude?

"Caddy Shack"

HOLA4419
HOLA4420

Bloody hell. This thread is making me hungry.

My dream breakfast :

double grilled bacon (smoked, streaky).

double grilled cumberland sausage.

double fried egg (the eggs must be whole, can't break).

button mushrooms (grilled)

baked beans (must be separate to avoid tomato sauce contaminating the fried bread)

fried bread (1 slice)

Toast with butter.

HP brown sauce (tomato sauce is the work of the devil)

Grapefruit juice with ice.

This would be my last breakfast if I was a cereal killer on death row.

HOLA4421
Guest X-QUORK

This is a myth, the time of day that you consume calories has no influence on how they are absorbed by the body. Calories in versus calories burned over 24 hours is what counts.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
Bloody hell. This thread is making me hungry.

My dream breakfast :

double grilled bacon (smoked, streaky).

double grilled cumberland sausage.

double fried egg (the eggs must be whole, can't break).

button mushrooms (grilled)

baked beans (must be separate to avoid tomato sauce contaminating the fried bread)

fried bread (1 slice)

Toast with butter.

HP brown sauce (tomato sauce is the work of the devil)

Grapefruit juice with ice.

This would be my last breakfast if I was a cereal killer on death row.

Poached egg instead of fried for me, but otherwise an excellent choice, sir.

HOLA4425

Speaking of cereal, I have never found a brand of museli that I can enjoy straight from the packet; I always have to "blend" it with a couple of other cereals. For example, this morning I had half museli and half cornflakes, with some frozen blueberries and a dollop of Greek yogurt, plus milk.

I made coffee with my 'ol cappuccino machine. Black. No sugar. (Cheaper ground coffee -- I can't afford the better stuff.)

Still, when the wife's got the rice cooker on in the morning for the kids' lunches, there's nothing quite like a lightly-fried egg on rice with a dash of Japanese soy sauce (Yamasa or Kikkoman are good). You have to use a rice bowl and Japanese chopsticks (not those blunt-ended Chinese ones or those skinny Korean metal ones).

Raw egg on rice is the best -- but only if you trust the quality of the eggs. <_<

Archived