House Price Crash Forum

Come On Then, How Many Here Are On Prozac?

athom

HOLA441

With the millions of extra prescriptions for Prozac and other anti-depressants given out since the beginning of the economic depression i start to wonder if there is a clue in the name. Could it be that anti-depressants, with their false optimism and illusion giving properties could be having a significant impact on the public perception of doom? It stands to reason that it inevitably would.

I expect few people here will be needing anything to help them avoid facing reality but thought i'd ask. I should try and run the same poll on a property ramping forum and see what i get but i'm not that time rich. If anyone else is, please let me know the results.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

Gave up proper drinking some time ago. I still allow myself to drink in pubs, but these days if you do catch me in the pub, I'll more likely be sipping lime and soda than a beer. I make good, drinkable, homebrew wine which never gets touched by me apart from testing for taste etc during the brewing process, altough othere seem to appreciate it.

I also used to have quite a liking for codeine as it was the only thing that i'd found that cut it for a chronically painful shattered shoulder blade. However, I gave that up just because I didn't like the high feelings it gives. One tends to deal with the injury more carefully, when you can feel it and funilly enough it is improving, abeit slowly. I suspect that for a lot of folks on prescription drugs for depession etc may find a anagolous improvement, IF they are given the support necessary. Therein lies the problem, in a lot of cases there isn't any support apart from the crutch the drugs provide.

As traumatic shock, depression could well be a survival instinct, evolved to prevent you from doing yourself further damage, although I admit I'm not quite sure how suicide fits in to this conjecture.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
Old style Welsh - no drinkin, no smokin.

I love the irony in this. On the one hand you're assuming the non-drinker/smoker is a bit of a loser. On the other hand you're implying that that's all you do and can't imagine anything else worth doing. Cracks me up every time i hear it.

HOLA4412

Like to have a glass (bottle) of wine occasionally, and a few beers is good too.

Never did the drug thing (either soft or hard) - most of the people I know that did / do are a bit freaky or wasters.

As for smoking - just dont get it - it stinks!

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Don't smoke

Don't drink (apart from odd glass of red)

Don't take any drugs (prescription or otherwise)

Happily married with children.

Don't take myself or life to seriously and laugh alot these days xxxxxx :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I have a faith x

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
Guest DisposableHeroes

I really don't like the idea of drugs to try and make you feel better. Someday you have to come off them and then what?

If you are suicidal there's no choice, but otherwise try and find out why you are not happy and do something about it, don't mask it with drugs.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
substituted drugs and fags for mountain biking about 5 years ago, never looked back.

Which I read as substituted mountain biking for drugs and fags about 5 years ago, never looked back.

HOLA4419
Guest DisposableHeroes
substituted drugs and fags for mountain biking about 5 years ago, never looked back.

I always feel better after going out for a ride, or walking.

HOLA4420

It's interesting that half the votes are for drinking every day and most of the comments are "don't touch the stuff", it must be split pretty evenly one or the other. I wonder if it's because the culture has become drink to get drunk and we're getting sick of it. I'm another one, no drink for about 4 years and cold turkey on cigs about 7 weeks ago. Now i just need to start running or biking.

HOLA4421
Guest DisposableHeroes
Which I read as substituted mountain biking for drugs and fags about 5 years ago, never looked back.

That's a good point. Many people get addicted to their exercise.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
That's a good point. Many people get addicted to their exercise.

I look at it the other way around. I think we suffer mentally and physically if we don't do a reasonable amount of exercise. Living used to require a fair amount of physical activity, not this sit behind wheel, desk, table, desk, wheel, tv/pc, bed life we lead now. I suspect the addiction to excessive is more of a discovery of how we would be feeling if we weren't all such slobs. It's a theory so far i have to admit.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Archived