House Price Crash Forum

Sigh- Normally Everyday Dorkishness Just Pisses Me Off-

Guest KingCharles1st

HOLA441
Guest KingCharles1st

This is so crass, and offensive to those of us low earners who are really struggling

After having to last night councel a mate who is going to the CAB about Bankrupcy today- and he WAS an IT high Flyer (with bills to match)

I just want this whole sorry pile of shit resolved now- and quickly

THE RESET- BRING THE F UCKER ON! WE NEED TO FIGHT ON A LEVEL PLAYING FIELD

its already going awol in N.I. look how money suppressed their militant tendencies- and how things have changed now its been taken away

Edited by KingCharles1st

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
Guest KingCharles1st
He said something inapropriate, but surely you can forgive someone with such personality? He's Much better than the rest of the zombie politicians.

No- today I cannot forgive.

This is EXACTLY WHY we are in such shit- THESE PEOPLE JUST DO NOT LIVE IN THE REAL WORLD

HOLA444
Guest Skinty

""Well I'm not a member of his shadow cabinet and I'd like to see what the detail of that is," he said."

Sounds like he knows that he won't ever be a member of the shadown cabinet, or cabinet and that Mayor of London is the best that he is going to get and Dave Cameron can do nothing about it.

He's still a plonker though. He's hurting himself with such remarks.

HOLA445

As long as the money keeps flowing people are willing to go along with the ideas they don't really believe in.

But as more and more people get the short end of the stick and put into poverty as the economy breaks down.. their tolerance for sucking it up goes down correspondingly.

HOLA446

I dont see anything wrong with his comment. He has a skill which he sells which he gets money for. So....

Theres no point resenting someone because they have skills you dont and therefore can make money much easier than you. Your energy would be better directed at learning new stuff or developing a business idea. Nothing good will come from resentment (unless it motivates you to do something positive about your own situation)

Edited by Johnny Storm

HOLA447
No- today I cannot forgive.

This is EXACTLY WHY we are in such shit- THESE PEOPLE JUST DO NOT LIVE IN THE REAL WORLD

Don't worry KC. Right now he's problem being besieged by hundreds of faceless PR professionals who will teach him not to voice an opinion or make a joke or doing anything that might provoke a reaction from the public. He'll soon be a boring vanilla politician like the rest. Relax.

HOLA448
Guest KingCharles1st
I dont see anything wrong with his comment. He has a skill which he sells which he gets money for. So....

Theres no point resenting someone because they have skills you dont and therefore can make money much easier than you. Your energy would be better directed at learning new stuff or developing a business idea. Nothing good will come from resentment (unless it motivates you to do something positive about your own situation)

You are of course totally right- but as I said- normally I would have just expected it. But in the present economic climate- it takes someone of very little brain to come out with a comment like that. I don't actually resent him earning the 250K - but I do get annoyed that he called it CHICKENFEED

Is 250K chickenfeed to you?

Edited by KingCharles1st

HOLA449
Guest Skinty
You are of course totally right- but as I said- normally I would have just expected it. But in the present economic climate- it takes someone of very little brain to come out with a comment like that. I don't actually resent him earning the 250K - but I do get annoyed that he called it CHICKENFEED

Sounds like what is annoying you is that we aren't living in a meritocracy where useful skill that society requires is rewarded appropriately.

Anyone know what the opposite of a meritocracy is? Unfortunately stupidity seems to be rewarded. Just like in a dictatorship I supose :)

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Your mistaking him being in the "CLICK" with having a "SKILL"

HOLA4412

It was a joke. Get over it. Lose that chip from your shoulder. We love Boris.

You would be much happier in life if you didn't resent your lot but instead thanked your lucky stars for the good things in your life. Boris probably doesn't have a second to himself to argue on internet chat forums.

HOLA4413

Everything is relative. Compared with unearned income for a sizeable number of people, yes, £250K/anm is chicken feed.

People applying to work for Boris should take this into account when valuing their services.

HOLA4414

No its not. But maybe 2.5K is to me, but Im sure there are some people who could never imagine having that money saved up.

Also, I realised, he meant after all the tax its chickenfeed. Which Im sure we can all agree with :lol:

Your mistaking him being in the "CLICK" with having a "SKILL"

Strangely enough, I think you're mistaking the word clique with click. :blink:

Edited by Johnny Storm

HOLA4415
This is so crass, and offensive to those of us low earners who are really struggling

After having to last night councel a mate who is going to the CAB about Bankrupcy today- and he WAS an IT high Flyer (with bills to match)

I just want this whole sorry pile of shit resolved now- and quickly

THE RESET- BRING THE F UCKER ON! WE NEED TO FIGHT ON A LEVEL PLAYING FIELD

its already going awol in N.I. look how money suppressed their militant tendencies- and how things have changed now its been taken away

It's appropriate you should post this because I WAS going to vote conservative at the next election if only to get labour out but I realise that of course they are actually not that much different and we will have years of the SAME!

I have now decided to stand up for what I believe in and vote UKLP instead. Their ideas and manifesto match how I think in so many areas.

We need REAL change not MORE of the SAME as far as I am concerned.

HOLA4416
It was a joke. Get over it. Lose that chip from your shoulder. We love Boris.

You would be much happier in life if you didn't resent your lot but instead thanked your lucky stars for the good things in your life. Boris probably doesn't have a second to himself to argue on internet chat forums.

I agree and to him 250,000 pounds might be chickenfeed.

To the OP. Its the way of the world and if you want that money too, you're going to need to brown nose the right people. Most of us cannot be bothered to do that hence why we're pond scum feeders, me inclusive, before anyone thinks I'm a rich snob, I'm not, just realistic.

Changed things to thinks

Edited by I want a house!

HOLA4417

I used to work with some politicians and I can tell you that very rarely is what they said reported accurately or in context. If there is the slightest hope of twisting it they (the media and opponents) will as a matter of course.

But regardless, it is private money that he pays tax on from a private profitable business. Its not like he is claiming expenses on a non existent mortgage or something.

HOLA4418
I agree and to him 250,000 pounds might be chickenfeed.

To the OP. Its the way of the world and if you want that money too, you're going to need to brown nose the right people. Most of us cannot be bothered to do that hence why we're pond scum feeders, me inclusive, before anyone thinks I'm a rich snob, I'm not, just realistic.

Changed things to thinks

Sorry, but are you telling us that if only you could be bothered you could be earning £250k a year?

HOLA4419

Oh come on, it is Bozzaaaaaaa after all.

Along with the other entitled Old Etonian toffs he is set to save this country and set

us back on the path of greatness, just like it was in the times of Empire.

Well, if you believe the twaddle he is. :)

HOLA4420

Strangely enough, I think you're mistaking the word clique with click. :blink:

Sorry, stand corrected... get very angry when it comes to everyone "loving boris"

People think he's an harmless fool..........

Just read sum of the ignorant comments he makes in his newspaper column

HOLA4421
Sorry, stand corrected... get very angry when it comes to everyone "loving boris"

Oh come on... no one believes he's a fool.

As for ignorant comments - well, he's not representing the unemployed of liverpool is he? He is mainly representing an economic elite, the broader public are not his primary concern.

Edited by RichB

HOLA4422

He's a Prince compared with most of the filth around these days (including every member of the Cabinet & most of the Shadow Cabinet).

It's quite clear to me that he's saying the £250k isn't a significant figure in his life, i.e. the financial recompense isn't the driving force for him writing the column. Dunno how anyone can fail to see that, is it not obvious that he gets other rewards from it - as do the charities he donates to.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425
I don't know what this thread is about because I'm short on time but Boris is the best. I trust Boris more than any other politician.

the current state of British politics encapsulated in a single line .