Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
Guest vicmac64
Chocolate ration doubled!

Thats treasonable Globalism for you Super Ted - we get to subsidize foreign manufacturers.

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

the car dealers are very busy so dont push them for a real discount on top of scrappage

we will not return to boom and bust

sound `fundamentals

the economic powerhouse of europe

british jobs for british workers

(Trivial Suits category: classics of bullsh|t from the UK Government Spin Machine)

Team HM Government - 'cause everything this govt touches turns to gold! Put an X in our box this June and make Comrade Brown smile!

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
Guest eight
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8073115.stm

you seeing 09 plates in your manor? i am not, very few.

Bearish as I am, one thing that does confound me is the sheer number of 09 cars around. Maybe something like 1 in 25 cars in these parts; principally new shape Ford Kas and Fiestas, seen loads of Vauxhall Insignia(s?) but also an Aston DB9 and a Porsche 911. Also a couple of those hideous X5 hatchback things. Not to mention commercial vehicles.

Hell, Arriva are even using 09 reg buses round here.

eight

HOLA4413
Bearish as I am, one thing that does confound me is the sheer number of 09 cars around. Maybe something like 1 in 25 cars in these parts; principally new shape Ford Kas and Fiestas, seen loads of Vauxhall Insignia(s?) but also an Aston DB9 and a Porsche 911. Also a couple of those hideous X5 hatchback things. Not to mention commercial vehicles.

Hell, Arriva are even using 09 reg buses round here.

eight

An Aston in Darlo :lol::lol: must have been lost or passing through!!

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

LOL - you lot are funny.

I cant say if the scrappage scheme is a 'success' or not - depends on your definition of success I suppose!

In May (as at 26th May), the new car market in the UK is down 6.5% on 2008. This is a huge improvement on pre-scrappage figures.

Looks like Hyundai made the biggest strides - taking advantage of the growth in the I1 market. I1 (small cars, fiat 500, Ka etc) was 16 % of total market in May compared to 9% in April.

Success or not, it has had an impact.

Wee

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419

As expected there seems to have been a lot of interest in small/low profit vehicles, the Fiesta in particular.

A fair amount of marketing effort and funding has been put into moving this interest into sales of larger more profitable vehicles, and this appears to have translated well into sales of the Focus.

It is still too early to say how successful the program will be, it has created new sales, whether the volumes and the product mix is significant, remains to be seen.

As soon as any of our figures become available, I'll share them.

HOLA4420

seriously, i see very few 09 cars in my patch of the south east except at a neighbour's and they are truly minted i'm told, old money

i read with interest (free credit anyone?) tales of 09 bonanzas elsewhere, so maybe i am wrong and the bbc is just telling it like it is... but i intend waiting until i can be sure of a real discount off the list price in addition to any scrappage allowance, although inflation on list prices is a factor - but if no buyers they'll have to reduce those list prices

HOLA4421
As expected there seems to have been a lot of interest in small/low profit vehicles, the Fiesta in particular.

A fair amount of marketing effort and funding has been put into moving this interest into sales of larger more profitable vehicles, and this appears to have translated well into sales of the Focus.

It is still too early to say how successful the program will be, it has created new sales, whether the volumes and the product mix is significant, remains to be seen.

Good post - totally agree

As soon as any of our figures become available, I'll share them.

I already did on the previous page (albeit in %age terms not actual figures...)

HOLA4422

Dagenham Motors are currently offering a deal under scrappage scheme.

http://www.dagenhammotors.co.uk/en/viewoff...C68FB812AA0B427

This is for a lower spec car, no metallic, no body kit,no sony stereo, no voice control, no bluetooth, no usb, no tinted glass no 17" alloys.

And its at 7.9%.

Focus Zetec.

I got all the extras listed above, marketed as an "S" model, a month ago for £11995 at 0%.

According to the local press ads the car is now just a normal Zetec model.

Scrappage scheme is a gigantic pile of horseshyte.

The dealers have simply reverted to their maximum RRP, as a starting point.

As everyone here predicted they would.

So i got a much much better specced car, for a grand less, at 0%. A week before the scrappage scheme stsrted.

FAIL!! :lol:

Oh yeah, the Focus is made in Germany too.

Edited by shindigger

HOLA4423
LOL - you lot are funny.

I cant say if the scrappage scheme is a 'success' or not - depends on your definition of success I suppose!

In May (as at 26th May), the new car market in the UK is down 6.5% on 2008. This is a huge improvement on pre-scrappage figures.

Looks like Hyundai made the biggest strides - taking advantage of the growth in the I1 market. I1 (small cars, fiat 500, Ka etc) was 16 % of total market in May compared to 9% in April.

Success or not, it has had an impact.

Wee

On cars produced abroad maybe.

HOLA4424
On cars produced abroad maybe.

? I dont get you?

It has had an impact here - dealers are selling more cars than they would have. This means that suppliers (UK suppliers as well as those abroad) will keep going (for now). It mean that those cars are in the market and will have accessories fitted, be serviced at main dealers etc - helping keep dealers profitable.

So, it has, or has not been a success so far, depending on your position.

But is HAS had an impact.

HOLA4425

Dont know how it works but their is evidently a loophole in the system that allows the scrapage allowance to be used against 2nd hand cars making the fudged numbers, maybe someone can enlighten us on here seems a lot of dealers are keeping stum(until they have had a few pints that is :lol: )