House Price Crash Forum

Number 10 Epetition Gathering Steam - Gordon Resign

HOLA441

I disagree... I think if Camerons message of change is for real, then the Tories should go all out to win the election. They then have 4 to 5 years to prove that they will do what needs to be done without adversely effecting the overall population... and it is more than doable.

3 steps that would boost the economy without relying on house prices etc.

1. Take less tax... may seem stupid to reduce tax, but the more money left in peoples pockets will either be spent on taxable goods or be saved in banks... either way it helps the economy.

2. Regulate credit card companies. If they have to have low interest rates they will lend less, people won't be paying a fortune every month without paying anything off and overall it will put money into the pockets of the right people... again, spend on taxable goods, or save.

3. Reverse the smoking ban to non-food pubs... this would be cause for a party in the certain quarters of the UK, and those pubs would be able to show once and for all what a sham the smoking ban really was to the public houses of this country.

I'm not an economist, but those 3 things will really help the man on the street and I think it would surprise those in power just how much extra tax it would generate indirectly.

Another problem with modern government... they want to kill off the tax dodges of the man on the street, but where does the man on the street spend his money? Its not on tax havens or fancy properties/yachts abroad... they spend it right here on the high streets of the UK. If they came down from the Ivory Tower once in every while, they might begin to understand the alternative way to run things that would actually earn more money than screwing the working man to the wall with stealth taxes.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

One difficulty today is that huge number of people under the age of 28 are so disengaged from the process of government that an intertia toward anything related to government has set it: to many it appears utterly pointless to vote or involve themselves in any way. The interventionist strategies of the current gov have left people feeling that they have no control and there is no point in expressing a view. Disabled through control strategies.

HOLA443
Short term thinking and selfish individualism.

People can't be assed to stand up for each other, it takes up too much personal time and expense.

It won't last forever though, we are either going to go bankrupt and have the IMF cutting to the bone or have the tories doing it before then.

People will start to get more annoyed when this does actually hit home, at the moment Gordon is spending eyewatering amounts to ensure that doesn't happen, then when the tories have to fix a much worse mess then it needed to be, they will get the blame. They will also get all the public unrest.

Pretty shitty deal real.

I think you are spot on with your assessment which is why for me the Tories should tell it how it is, even if this means they get slated and start sliding in the polls.

The country has no option its either IMF or Tories, but I want everyone to know it was Gordon the moron, sheeple will not get it unless it happens on his watch.

HOLA444

Its already happened under his watch... this is the guy who has been telling us he feels our pain when it comes to council tax and utility bills... this is the guy who stole pensions... and all the while he and his cronies haven't had to pay a penny towards their own bills and they have bulletproof pensions for the rest of their lives when they are finally ousted from office.

It's no coincidence that he has the lowest poll of any Prime Minister in recent history and Paul Merton of all people said it best.... he waited 12 years to get a job that hecan't do. The only one who doesn't realise that yet is Gordon... and that will be his undoing.

With the petition, its slowed to a crawl... seriously considering putting some adverts in local and regional rags to promote it... can't see internet promotion bringing in the numbers. But I agree wholeheartedly with what was mentioned earlier... to give GB a good hard kick in the bo!!ocks, this poll needs to be refered to at every opportunity by the press as an indicator about his so-called leadership... and thats not going to happen if in a 10 hour period there are less than 100 new signers.

HOLA445

56,026 now. 236 in the last seven hours. Despite the governments awful showing in this weekends polls, including Brown being the most unpopular pm since polling began, people are not using this petition to show their feelings in the numbers I would have expected.

HOLA446
Guest มร หล&#3
56,026 now. 236 in the last seven hours. Despite the governments awful showing in this weekends polls, including Brown being the most unpopular pm since polling began, people are not using this petition to show their feelings in the numbers I would have expected.

From another thread.

This is a bloke with the steals I'm talking about. And yet only 56,000 Brits have even bothered to sign a petition.

The camera cuts to a pathetic grinning Brown towards the end.

HOLA447

I won't sign - though I'm happy to laugh at him - like everyone else.

I think Brown should be held to criminal account for his conduct as Chancellor - but I am far happier with him as PM than I was with Blair. As PM, grudgingly, I have to show some respect - as far as I can detect... he's only done one thing I consider vile (pressing for longer detention without charge) and, in every other respect, I find it difficult to think someone else would have done a better job. I see great similarities between Gordon Brown and John Major... Both entirely out of their depth - both dealing with difficult political circumstances.

HOLA448
From another thread.

This is a bloke with the steals I'm talking about. And yet only 56,000 Brits have even bothered to sign a petition.

The camera cuts to a pathetic grinning Brown towards the end.

Good old Danny Boy sticking the boot in where it's needed.

I'm disgusted at the lack of momentum with this petition. People just don't give a toss.

HOLA449
Guest มร หล&#3
Good old Danny Boy sticking the boot in where it's needed.

I'm disgusted at the lack of momentum with this petition. People just don't give a toss.

Apathy, dear boy, apathy is the greatest enemy in all this.

The Brits have been beaten down for 12 years. They are confused with/numb to it all now and that I can understand. The relentless media barrage of spin and propaganda, the nightly news that always started with "The Prime Minister Tony Blair . . . ", the independent inquiries that were announced and then never happened, war, war, war . . .

Oh, I'm making myself feel quite poorly.

HOLA4410

The support the pm petition now has 74 sigs including the following recent additions.

# Chucky Harbottle

# Spense S Fiddler

# Phil Mitroff

# Chuck Brown

# Charles Godfrey

# Joe Walker

# Carol Sell-Magic

# Ermintrude Lavache

# Ivan Astitempurr

# Robin M Blighend

# Mr Rusty

# E Lexyunnow

HOLA4411
Its already happened under his watch... this is the guy who has been telling us he feels our pain when it comes to council tax and utility bills... this is the guy who stole pensions... and all the while he and his cronies haven't had to pay a penny towards their own bills and they have bulletproof pensions for the rest of their lives when they are finally ousted from office.

It's no coincidence that he has the lowest poll of any Prime Minister in recent history and Paul Merton of all people said it best.... he waited 12 years to get a job that hecan't do. The only one who doesn't realise that yet is Gordon... and that will be his undoing.

With the petition, its slowed to a crawl... seriously considering putting some adverts in local and regional rags to promote it... can't see internet promotion bringing in the numbers. But I agree wholeheartedly with what was mentioned earlier... to give GB a good hard kick in the bo!!ocks, this poll needs to be refered to at every opportunity by the press as an indicator about his so-called leadership... and thats not going to happen if in a 10 hour period there are less than 100 new signers.

We know the masses don't.

I am amazed at how many people really do think 'this started in America' and its 'global'. It didn't start in America, we were party to it and its always been global. The majority of people in this country are fecking idiots..........

HOLA4412
I won't sign - though I'm happy to laugh at him - like everyone else.

I think Brown should be held to criminal account for his conduct as Chancellor - but I am far happier with him as PM than I was with Blair. As PM, grudgingly, I have to show some respect - as far as I can detect... he's only done one thing I consider vile (pressing for longer detention without charge) and, in every other respect, I find it difficult to think someone else would have done a better job. I see great similarities between Gordon Brown and John Major... Both entirely out of their depth - both dealing with difficult political circumstances.

If you didn't like Brown as Chancellor then you should realise he still is Chancellor in everything but title. Do you really think Alister Darling has any say in running the economy. Brown tells his what to do and say and the poor chap does it. You can almost see him squirming with embarrassment. Its a bit like Putin who is still in charge of Russia despite being replaced as Leader.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

It is tedious, unsatisfying work but we need to keep posting links to the petition in the comments section of any story in the MSM media that we can.

It seems that the MSM keep reporting on stories that are damaging to GB and Labour. If they are prepared to make the effort, we should do the same and keep posting links to the petition.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420

58,976 sigs now. Closing in on the no 13 spot in the all time largest no10 petitions list.

If you can do anything to give this a boost please do so.

If anyone has other suggestions as to how we can show our contempt for this government I am all ears.

The names of those on the support the PM petition continue to amuse.

# Paul T Plugh

# Spence S Fiddlar

# Juan Lorferaul

# Chuck Martin

# Liza N Kawrupschen

# Phil Mitroff

# Honest Kneaded

# Honesty Kneaded

# Arresh Thalottavum

# Thea Allcrouks

# Phyllis Collar

# Dee Fenners-Straitmartin

# Verity Willought

# R U Cumminquiatleigh

# Ivan Taplazmateevee

# Angi N Stugoodfrum

# Huw Evans

# Bob Sponge

# Don Thay-get-it-we-elect-MPs-to-represent-us-not-steal-from-us

# U R A twit

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423

How about a historical parallel here?

The Chartists had six million signatures on their petition calling for rights for the poor in the 19th century. It was rejected on the pretext that a few of the signatures were fake. That's a dozen or so fake signatures out of SIX MILLION.

And what do we have today? The most serious political and economic crisis in thirty years -- and a petition gets 50,000 signatures, mostly from juvenile little tw@ts.

It's pathetic, considering what our forefathers fought for.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/british/victo...artist_02.shtml

HOLA4424
How about a historical parallel here?

The Chartists had six million signatures on their petition calling for rights for the poor in the 19th century. It was rejected on the pretext that a few of the signatures were fake. That's a dozen or so fake signatures out of SIX MILLION.

And what do we have today? The most serious political and economic crisis in thirty years -- and a petition gets 50,000 signatures, mostly from juvenile little tw@ts.

It's pathetic, considering what our forefathers fought for.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/british/victo...artist_02.shtml

Oh if only there were 5000 people like you, the sum effect would be, well, it would be ****** all.

HOLA4425
Guest vicmac64

Should we be surprised - I mean this has to be easily tampered with - think about it - we can't trust any facet of our Globalist Government and its minions.