House Price Crash Forum

Hsbc Launches 90% Ltv Mortgages @ 4.99%

HOLA441
  • Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
I haven't claimed that once. Not even hinted at it.

what were you indicating then? that 39K is not a good guide?, that the CML stats are rubbish? what are you trying to show?

HOLA443
http://www.cml.org.uk/cml/media/press/2190

works out at £108K, I think, but I'm tired and my brain hurts

Sounds about right....ATM if people do manage to buy they are are staying FTBers longer than they would wish and second time buyers are finding that next rung that bit harder to grab hold of...some of the reasons why the housing market has stalled, suitable property is unaffordable for most working people on an average wage. ;)

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
what were you indicating then? that 39K is not a good guide?, that the CML stats are rubbish? what are you trying to show?

I'm trying to show that FTBs according to the CML don't have average salaries of 60k which is what half of this thread seemed dedicated to talking about.

HOLA447
So you will have to forgive me when I see that HSBC are offering 1 billion in 90% mortgages to people earning £100000 or with a £50000 deposit and wonder why this is even news for most of us. It is though clearly misleading and part of the awful misinformed spin that we are subjected to every day in the press.

you can just open a Plus current a/c instead to get this mortgage

costs £12.95 per month

HOLA448
HOLA449
I was referring to Bloo Loo with that comment!

As for the rest of the post, everything except the last paragraph is self pitying nonsense.

Having found this site you are indeed far better off than most of the population. However, ask questions instead of linking random stats and you might get further still!

You said : "Having found this site you are indeed far better off than most of the population" and having met you well.....what can i say, how lucky I am, you can clearly teach me a great deal about what it is to be human !

I DID ask a question on this tread many pages back but nobody responded, at least I don't think they did. I asked:

So has the RMBS market collapsed, will it stay collapsed and without it is there any chance or returning to 2007 lending levels?

BUT PLEASE DON'T THINK I HAVE A CLUE WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT BECAUSE I HAVEN'T, which is why I asked.

Edited by Sybil13

HOLA4410
You said : "Having found this site you are indeed far better off than most of the population" and having met you well.....what can i say, how lucky I am, you can clearly teach me a great deal about what it is to be human !

I DID ask a question on this tread many pages back but nobody responded, at least I don't think they did. I asked:

So has the RMBS market collapsed, will it stay collapsed and without it is there any chance or returning to 2007 lending levels?

Didn't see that one, but similar is being discussed here:

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...howtopic=110705

HOLA4411
I'm trying to show that FTBs according to the CML don't have average salaries of 60k which is what half of this thread seemed dedicated to talking about.

IC, i agree and I think CML stats of any kind are totally meaningless in the real world.

HOLA4412
Didn't see that one, but similar is being discussed here:

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...howtopic=110705

It was page 4 of this thread and YES I referred and linked to the thread you have pointed to because I could not understand what anyone was saying on that thread. SO I ASKED THE QUESTION. Could do with a Dummies Guide to

RMBS bonds. I kind of understand what they are, what I am not sure about is what is going to happen to them and how that will effect what is going to happen to the market. I remember in November a discussion on the radio Sir John Crosby (?) and about mortgage backed securities I assume this is the same as RMBS bonds?

Anyway this is ME asking questions rather than putting forward stats and quotes, which I do in case anyone else comes to this website simply trying to understand at a basic level what is going on and I have found the bits I quote useful as I try to piece together what the truth is beyond SPIN SPIN SPIN.

HOLA4413
It was page 4 of this thread and YES I referred and linked to the thread you have pointed to because I could not understand what anyone was saying on that thread. SO I ASKED THE QUESTION. Could do with a Dummies Guide to

RMBS bonds. I kind of understand what they are, what I am not sure about is what is going to happen to them and how that will effect what is going to happen to the market. I remember in November a discussion on the radio Sir John Crosby (?) and about mortgage backed securities I assume this is the same as RMBS bonds?

Anyway this is ME asking questions rather than putting forward stats and quotes, which I do in case anyone else comes to this website simply trying to understand at a basic level what is going on and I have found the bits I quote useful as I try to piece together what the truth is beyond SPIN SPIN SPIN.

try this....its 10 minutes long and at the end of it you will be an expert....100% guaranteed

HOLA4414

I have an appointment with HSBC tomorrow morning for a mortgage.

They have also recently changed (ie on Monday) the best rates from 60% LTV to 75% LTV.

The fixes are a bit rubbbish, but the SVR is not too bad. Premier get 2.74% I think.

HOLA4415
So you will have to forgive me when I see that HSBC are offering 1 billion in 90% mortgages to people earning £100000 or with a £50000 deposit and wonder why this is even news for most of us.

Just for the record, these mortgages are available to anyone opening an HSBC Plus account. There is a small monthly fee of £12.95. If you can't afford this fee, you can't afford to buy property anyway.

There is no compulsion to open a premier account.

Nor any requirement to earn £100,000 per annum or keep a minimum balance of £50k in the account.

Hope that helps.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
Just for the record, these mortgages are available to anyone opening an HSBC Plus account. There is a small monthly fee of £12.95. If you can't afford this fee, you can't afford to buy property anyway.

There is no compulsion to open a premier account.

Nor any requirement to earn £100,000 per annum or keep a minimum balance of £50k in the account.

Hope that helps.

funny, but mortgages are available from many banks. thanks for the heads up.

HOLA4418
I think we need to set up a fund to pay for Rinoa's counselling when things don't pan out as s/he wants/expects. The poor lamb is going to suffer a severe amount of trauma over the next twelve months.

I can't help feeling (s)he's here to sell something rather than actually believe it.

HOLA4419

Credit action is totally the best website for stats nuts.

gives some of the best stats on who owes what /who earns what, avg mortgage, avg un-secured loan.

Best stat on their is the mortgage rate (ACTUALLY) paid by the avg borrower(with a mortgage)... Track base rates.... ROFLMAO..they have barely moved.

The average rate is still 5.5% (fixed rates working in reverse to re-capitalise the banks)

That my friends is the biggest elephant in the room, was 1% over base rate years back, now a goood 4.5% over base rate.

Once those banks are re-capitalised (post write downs), expect interest rates to be cranked up BIG TIME as they try to rein in run-away inflation.

The banks know it to...they may advertise attractive 10 year fixes, but just try and actually get one!

Makes you wonder what they know?

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
Credit action is totally the best website for stats nuts.

+1

Best stat on their is the mortgage rate (ACTUALLY) paid by the avg borrower(with a mortgage)... Track base rates.... ROFLMAO..they have barely moved.

The average rate is still 5.5% (fixed rates working in reverse to re-capitalise the banks)

Really? My copy says 4.1%

http://www.creditaction.org.uk/april-2009.html

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425