House Price Crash Forum

Lloyds Bank Group Share Price

HOLA441
No, this is just the start.

Next comes the hatchet job on HBOS, politically very sensitive due to the concentration of operations in Labour Heartlands

How convenient that the loses were 'much larger than expected' sparking rumours of government takeover, putting the government on the back foot.

Now LBG are free to cull 2/3 of HBOS workforce 'in the interests of the taxpayer'

Does HBOS stand for Hydrogen Bomb on Scotland? And we all thought Gordon had the nuclear option of nationalisation.

Edited by mikelivingstone

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
Now LBG are free to cull 2/3 of HBOS workforce 'in the interests of the taxpayer'

So it will cost less to have them on the dole?

How many HBoS employees will have loans? I wonder if they sold themselves production protection insurance?

40,000 or 50,000 sacked? Are these the sort of numbers we are looking at?

HOLA443
HOLA444
So it will cost less to have them on the dole?

Cheaper than a full scale nationalisation, and of course much cheaper for Lloyds

How many HBoS employees will have loans? I wonder if they sold themselves production protection insurance?

A pertinent question, but I guess there will be some sort of creative deal to prevent ex-employees from defaulting en-mass.

40,000 or 50,000 sacked? Are these the sort of numbers we are looking at?

I am just speculating, but it does not take a genius to do the maths. LTSB have cut 17k from their own workforce over the last 3 years, do you think they will give a toss about employees of HBOS?

HOLA445
Of course. What does that have to do with anything?

It's slow profits you want, and quick losses. It's the same strategy FTB used to buy RBS at 44p isn't it?

well theres always an initial risk, but as soon as your in the green, put a stop loss on.

if you buy the stock at 44p and then it drops - thats numberwang

HOLA446
well theres always an initial risk, but as soon as your in the green, put a stop loss on.

if you buy the stock at 44p and then it drops - thats numberwang

Wrong way around. Put your stop loss on the initial trade. If you are in the green move it to breakeven. If you're doing it the other way around you have a built in loss>profit ratio. i.e. 20% upside with 100% downside. See EssexFTB for details.

HOLA447
HOLA448
FTSE 100 4127.26-1.49%

LLOYDS BANKING GRP 56.60 -4.80 -7.82%

Not looking too hot at the end. Everyones on the dump.

I think a lot of people are nervous holding these out of trading hours. Its usually the time when AD or GB decide to announce something.

HOLA449
Wrong way around. Put your stop loss on the initial trade. If you are in the green move it to breakeven. If you're doing it the other way around you have a built in loss>profit ratio. i.e. 20% upside with 100% downside. See EssexFTB for details.

i donts knows hows i does'us its, but eyes always makes a profits.....

lloyds wont be supported by taxpayer is latest government news.

this should be interesting to see what happens to an unsupported bank......

HOLA4410

Silent run time.................

HOLA4411
It's similar to RBS in that the govt doesn't want to fully nationalise it, they want to keep it private, the share price fluctuating doesn't really mean much anymore - unless it leads to wider panic and a bank run. I'd expect a further bail out which will dilute shareholders even more.

I also had a little punt on friday, but it was a little punt, £100 (down about £3 plus dealing charges so far)

Agree on the re-cap's.

Everytime there's a bottom called or I get to a point where I might buy bank shares some other nasty rears it's head.

Wonder what will happen with the auditors. Will they be ok signing off or will there be another bailout coming ?

HOLA4412

This is like the chairman of a football club issuing a statement that the manager has his full support whilst the club is rooted firmly to bottom of the table, strangely after clubs next losing game all support is gone and the manager is sacked.

Perhaps they should merge the group with Barclays and let there accountants sort it out? :ph34r:

HOLA4413

Another not so good day, back to 51.5p.

Hmmm...will this bounce or go lower?

LLOYDS BANKING GRP( LSE: LLOY.L / ISIN GB0008706128 )

Last Trade: 51.50 p

Trade Time: 4:35pm

Change: 4.90 (8.69%)

Prev Close: 56.40

Open: 56.00

Bid: 51.40

Ask: 51.60

1y Target Est: 149.51 p

Day's Range: 50.50 - 58.90

52wk Range: 33.00 - 488.50

Volume: 92,371,856

Avg Vol (3m): 57,237,300

Market Cap: 8.42B

P/E (ttm): 0.88 x

EPS (ttm): 58.30 p

Div & Yield: N/A (N/A

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
This is like the chairman of a football club issuing a statement that the manager has his full support whilst the club is rooted firmly to bottom of the table, strangely after clubs next losing game all support is gone and the manager is sacked.

Perhaps they should merge the group with Barclays and let there accountants sort it out? :ph34r:

10 initiate gradual erosion

20 have a go at climbing again

30 Kick in the nutz, sharp decline, truth is out

40 get back up a little, not too far though

50 goto 10

HOLA4416
Didn't Brucey do a show like that?

"Higher"....

"LOWER"....

"HIGHER"....

What do I get for a pair?

HOLA4417