BlueRat

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

As a first time buyer I am waiting on the market to reach the bottom...the trick is knowing when that point is reached. I think it probably is a good time to start looking. With all the government is doing and others around the globe something has to change. Afterall, it's all about perception, if we had solid indication that prices are about to go up, we wouldn't hesitate.

I do get the feeling that the majority on this forum are at the other extreme of the scale to those with properties. It's time to get real and stop wishing that you'll be able to buy a house 2000 prices! Get out there now before everyone else does too.

And to Si1 - that's not nice, is it?

HOLA448
As a first time buyer I am waiting on the market to reach the bottom...

It's time to get real and stop wishing that you'll be able to buy a house 2000 prices! Get out there now before everyone else does too.

I doubt very much your a bullish FTBer , just another desperate , frustrated and bored VI trying to ramp the market :rolleyes:

HOLA449
HOLA4410
Afterall, it's all about perception, if we had solid indication that prices are about to go up, we wouldn't hesitate.

Erm, no, it's all about the banking system disembowling itself and being in no position to lend anything other, erm, normally*. You'll know when this is bottoming out by the arrival of close-to-base rate FTB deals looking for 10% (or thereabouts) deposits. Perception is irrelevant. Lending is everything.

* In other words, a lot less than the last seven years.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
As a first time buyer I am waiting on the market to reach the bottom...the trick is knowing when that point is reached. I think it probably is a good time to start looking. With all the government is doing and others around the globe something has to change. Afterall, it's all about perception, if we had solid indication that prices are about to go up, we wouldn't hesitate.

I do get the feeling that the majority on this forum are at the other extreme of the scale to those with properties. It's time to get real and stop wishing that you'll be able to buy a house 2000 prices! Get out there now before everyone else does too.

Where's the avatar that represents an eclectic mix of deteste, rudeness and point_at_the_VI_spiv_laughter?

:lol::P:rolleyes::ph34r::blink:

HOLA4413
As a first time buyer I am waiting on the market to reach the bottom...

I intend to get back in a few months before values reach statistical bottom, while the vendor believes that prices are going to continue to fall and will therefore take my insultingly low offer.

I think the bottom of the market will be as obvious to spot as the top was, for months beforehand.

HOLA4414

I don't want to scare you off, but you are an imbecile.

Firstly, your a classic sheeple, because you assume the belief that the govt. won't let anything bad happen [see the other thread for my definition of a sheeple]. And because you appear to have a breathtakingly ignorant undertanding of the issues.

Do you have a clue what median incomes are at in the UK at present ? Do you want to compare wage inflation with hpi over the last 8 years and still want to tell me that this is it, crash over after less than a year of falls ?

Do you have any idea how high house prices were at in Mid-2004 [where the crash has currently taken us back to ?], do you understand the insane credit bubble and lax lending standards that existed up until early 2008 ? Were you born yesterday by any chance?

Do yourself a favour and stay indoors, you and others like you with your uninformed gumph, make this country a dangerous place to live. Your basically saying, quick let's all jump in lest prices fall too low. IF you want to be a panicky idiot intent on a life of debt slavery just because you think you can make a killing by buying now at a few grand off, then go ahead, but don't fool yourself into thinking house prices currently are anything like cheap or affordable or a bargain.

Or that people will think you this great genius for borrowing a six-figure sum in the middle of a hpc.

The pyramid scam relies on numpties like you to fall for the con and borrow ever increasing amounts. Fortunately for your own benefit no lender is going to lend you shit without proof of income and a minium 90% LTV. Even then you'd be better off with a 25% deposit. So yes, now is a great time to buy, at 2004 prices which happened to be hidesouly expensive. I mean most people's income is only a marginal improvement over they're income in 2004...so what's to lose when interest rates are so low and unemployment so high and the economy so fcuked. good luck.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
My mistake, sorry...I did think twice about posting and I've been reassured that this forum is full of extremists suffering from paranoia.

it's reasonable to post, but then the signs of your denial are compounded by your rationalisation ("I can't/won't make sense of this so they must be extremists")

it's in your interest to work this out for yourself, so taking the decision to belittle people in your own mind has far worse consequences for you than it does for us

Edited by Si1

HOLA4417
My mistake, sorry...I did think twice about posting and I’ve been reassured that this forum is full of extremists suffering from paranoia.

HPC is a broad church.. we just get a lot of people who come on and take up the opposing view just for the sake of argument or without really thinking it through.

They are often called trolls.

If you want to be taken seriously, look at the graph on the home page, read the threads for a few weeks, then if you still want to make a strong counter argument back it up with facts or modesty.

Libs

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420

oops

new to the forum.

Simple answer to question posted is NO.

Bless shrmaz. If you are a) genuine and B) patient, you too will have the opportunity to buy a property at 2000 prices (or less)

Edited by justwatching

HOLA4421
I'd love to buy now and get on with my life but I'm not going to fall for this twaddle. Still, at least they admit prices are 20% down.

Edit: this is the West Midlands

The article is strongly suggesting that you become BTL convert. Are you sure you want to do that?

Leaving financing alone this might not be a very wise move as things might get a bit too emotional in the nearest future and some hot heads will be looking for laying some blame down and letting some blood out... BTLs will be the easy target.

Edited by refusnik

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
Guest Daddy Bear

Is Now a good time to buy?

Most certainly Yes*

* Dwelling must be

1. >30% below peak price (circa Aug 2007)

2. Not a Flat or Apartment (or 1. must read >60% below peak price (circa Aug 2007)

3. Desirable - i.e in the top 5% of properties (good school, location, ability to extend, family home, sw garden...yaddah, yaddah....)

4. Bought for Cash or a 'small' mortgage that can be paid off 'comfortably' within 10 years

5. Preferably bought with at least a 40% deposit

Why?

1. To Lock in on Long term fixed IR loan (best was 4.99% 10 year fix (last week), now 5.29% and rising rapidly.

2. The Bond Market will collapse within 2 years.

3. IR will rise to >10% within 2 years

4. There will be a "dash for assets"

5. QE has started and will be ramped up

6. Inflation will begin to rise rapidly within 2 years

My thoughts anyway - could be wrong - but you got to hedge eventually.

DB

HOLA4425
The article is strongly suggesting that you become BTL convert. Are you sure you want to do that?

Leaving financing alone this might not be a very wise move as things might get a bit too emotional in the nearest future and some hot heads will be looking for laying some blame down and letting some blood out... BTLs will be the easy target.

No I'm definitely not looking at BTL! I'm stuck with my parents, waiting to buy my first house. I can't see myself getting stuck in until the end of this year at the very earliest. I suppose even if this sort of VI propaganda works on some people it will get the transactions going, and these new lower concrete values will feed into the LR figures.