House Price Crash Forum

We Need To Stop Talking About It And Actually Do Something

Guest mmm....beer

HOLA441
Guest skullingtonjoe
Who's with me? I've never started a revolution before, so I'm going to need some suggestions of how to go about it.

Not posting here might be a good start mate - watch out you don`t get arrested for potential acts of terrorism! ;):(:ph34r::rolleyes:

HOLA442

I tried donateing a grand to al quida if they promised to bomb the EU headquarters

You try finding any doantion sites on google I had to give up after an exhaustive 28 seconds

I mean who clicks on to page 2 these days? :)

HOLA443
HOLA444
Guest sillybear2
Get down to HMV and buy the complete Citizen Smith on DVD. He's a fairly accurate example of British revolutionaries, and it will give you a laugh..

aawolfie_243x278.jpg

Isn't that the Brummie bloke from the BBC's Skint? :blink:

HOLA445
I tried donateing a grand to al quida if they promised to bomb the EU headquarters

You try finding any doantion sites on google I had to give up after an exhaustive 28 seconds

Spelling it "al-qaeda" or "al qaida" might have helped. Actually, looks like there's loads of ways to spell it. :unsure:

HOLA446
Guest mattsta1964
Who's with me? I've never started a revolution before, so I'm going to need some suggestions of how to go about it.

I'm with you

But it's a waiting game

The time will come

It's arrived in Iceland right now

It's gonna happen in Greece and the Baltic states

We are in 'Mess Royale'

This depression hasn't even started yet.

HOLA447
HOLA448

We could start a Guy Fawkes society!

We could get people to bang donations into a paypal account and anyone who sucessfully blows up the houses of parliment wins the pot :)

We keep 35% just to wind up them lot in the house raffle thread :lol:

If everyone stuck a quid in that be 60 million............. for that much cash the French government might send a jet over and do the job ;)

HOLA449
Guest AuntJess

I think it is interesting that despite being governed by complete numpties and self-seekers, no one is really "up" for doing summat about them. Oh! I don't mean assassination , but forming a peaceful demo and matching on Whitehall, lobbying MPs or writing newspaper articles. I guess if you really think about it, it would be difficult and fraught with perils, you might end up with as criminal record. Head-bangers might join in the march and the whole thing could get ugly.

It isn't that I really expect any one of you young guys to do owt. But I would just like it said - for the record - that YOU are all in a position to remove the corrupt politicians and prevent them from doing any damage...well as much as we oldies were several decades ago.

All the vitriole and venom expressed on these pages towards MY generation - one point being that WE had allowed politicians to make the mess which you were all suffering for now.

Now, you yourselves have "growed up".. well grown older :rolleyes: , so good luck with correcting the problems in our corrupt parliamentary system. It'll take more than tapping away on a keyboard to do tho'.

PS That is one thing my gen. CAN'T be accused of - wasting time on a forum. We didnae have them. :P

HOLA4410

We could get people to bang donations into a paypal account and anyone who sucessfully blows up the houses of parliment wins the pot :)

If everyone stuck a quid in that be 60 million............. for that much cash the French government might send a jet over and do the job ;)

tbf we should give up 'celebrating' nov 5th - people even mage effigies of the guy who tried to save us all from the shit we are going through right now to chuck on the fire. :(

HOLA4411

Spelling it "al-qaeda" or "al qaida" might have helped. Actually, looks like there's loads of ways to spell it. :unsure:

:huh::P

I see what you did there, putting the spooks off the trail

We could get people to bang donations into a paypal account and anyone who successfully blows up the houses of Parliament wins the pot :)

Genius!

They do tours of the HoP apparently - you could have a bring your own gunpowder party sponsored by Standard.

I'm all for this much needed, country saving change, the big problem is... change to what?

HOLA4412

Why don't you leave, if you are not happy the way the country is being run then leave.

HOLA4413
The only way to replace the government is through the existing process, or to build such an enormous powerbase of common approval that the population follow you and not the government - à la Lech Wałęsa or Ghandi.

Marching on Downing Street and turfing out Gordon will not make anyone the country's leader - just of great interest to the police. :lol:

(My opinion FWIW - ignore all claims to be your leader. You are sovereign.)

Nah, on second thoughts I'll just wait until my kids are old enough to do something, then if they don't I'll write mad frothing letters to local newspapers instead. Although they'll probably be holographic-moon papers by then.

HOLA4414

Over one million people marched through London in a peaceful demonstration against the Iraq war and they didn't take a blind bit of notice.

The only protests that this lot will notice are going to have to be huge & violent. Or so incredibly large (e.g. 5 million plus marching) that they get press all over the world and are impossible to ignore.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
Over one million people marched through London in a peaceful demonstration against the Iraq war and they didn't take a blind bit of notice.

The only protests that this lot will notice are going to have to be huge & violent. Or so incredibly large (e.g. 5 million plus marching) that they get press all over the world and are impossible to ignore.

what i have been posting on here for rather a long time (the whole house price crash thing was obviously going to happen, the interesting questions are what happens after, and in the next decade..) .... the likelihood of a civil war in the uk. we have all the ingredients - a vast, forgotton, deprived population (eg, English boys are the most likely to lose out in education, the opposite of what the racist race industry claim), growing rage and anger about how our country and economy has been mismanaged and our opportunities handed to others... this anger just needs to be channelled and organised. The armed forces have been betrayed, our country's youth sent to die in the desert with faulty kit, to be replaced with economic migrant/asylum seeker/illegal immigrants. Its obvious what's going to happen.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

Have a whip round ? Although do it quick before sterling loses any more ground. This guy likes to be paid in $.

gaming_gra_preview_ea1.jpg

He has a powerful weapon

He charges a million a shot

An assassin that's second to none

The man with the golden gun

Lurking in some darkened doorway

Or crouched on a roof top somewhere

In the next room, of this very one

Love is required whenever he's hired

It comes just before the kill

No one can catch him, no hit man can match him

For his million dollar skill

You know the rest...

HOLA4419
HOLA4420

It takes a lot to get the English to take to the streets so don't hold your breath. The Spanish revolted a couple of years ago when the government threatened to put up the price of fags, the French love treading the tarmac against the government and, as we see on the news, most countries get out to protest for all sorts of reasons. Mind you when we are all repossessed we will be out there anyway but due to lack of food will be feeble in our fist shaking and shouting.

HOLA4421

The problem I've seen on those videos of protestors in the UK (fair play for trying though)

is they have no experience of physical or mental confrontation. Especially with authority.

They get all over hyped on adrelanin and start shouting at the police for no reason, then they scream

about brutality and how it's a peaceful march followed by pleading to be left alone to go home.

The proper method is cold stoical protest without any anger invovled, followed by violent rioting when

that doesn't work, until the government form a coallition with the underdog party.

HOLA4422
Have a whip round ? Although do it quick before sterling loses any more ground. This guy likes to be paid in $.

gaming_gra_preview_ea1.jpg

He has a powerful weapon

He charges a million a shot

An assassin that's second to none

Lurking in some darkened doorway

Or crouched on a roof top somewhere

In the next room, of this very one

Love is required whenever he's hired

It comes just before the kill

No one can catch him, no hit man can match him

For his million dollar skill

You know the rest...

Hey Fellas, dont be jealous - when they made him they broke the mold

So charismatic with an automatic

Never prematurely shooting his load

Queen and country safe and sound

Villains 6 feet underground

No one knows cos no one's found any trace

of a man for all seasons

loves them and leaves them alone

so alone.........

and you and I would have a clue

Who's doing what, why when or who

Up the creek with no canoe

Watch out!

8625391.jpg

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425

"Stop talking and do something" to bring about our political ends?

Well personally I want non-interventionism. No bailouts. A "do nothing" policy. Just compensate depositors as the dominoes topple.

Immense pain today, recovery tomorrow.

But how could one march on that basis? What revolutionary movement in history has triumphed on a platform of "take the pain now and it will be over sooner"?

Archived