House Price Crash Forum

Repossessed

OLDFTB

HOLA441
I agree, but to actively select for them - via our wonderous benefits system is also immoral. And as for the Nazi comments if you knew my family background you would realise how much you've shot yourself in the foot. You can criticise retarded greedy short sighted decisions made without any attempt at due dilligence - without suggesting shades of Oswiecim Berkanau you know... <_<

I called the little professor a nazi and stand by it. Godley picked up the mantle and ran with it. My first post in this thread merely pointed out that the pejorative language and attitude displayed by yourself and others helps create the conditions where the little nazi feels it's acceptable to say what he did.

Wrt the highlighted i notice you have retrained your fire on the sin rather than the sinner now. The greater sin imo rests with those who should have known they were lending money they wouldn't get back but didn't give a **** as: A. it wasn't theirs to give and B. they had commissision to collect.

ps I feel that for a lot of you their greatest sin was not knowing their place.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442
I called the little professor a nazi and stand by it. Godley picked up the mantle and ran with it. My first post in this thread merely pointed out that the pejorative language and attitude displayed by yourself and others helps create the conditions where the little nazi feels it's acceptable to say what he did.

Wrt the highlighted i notice you have retrained your fire on the sin rather than the sinner now. The greater sin imo rests with those who should have known they were lending money they wouldn't get back but didn't give a **** as: A. it wasn't theirs to give and B. they had commissision to collect.

COME ON!!!! People acted like IDIOTS and in your mind we're not allowed to criticise them - what - in case we hurt their feelings? After all they are all victims - hugs :angry: Everyone in this country has the chance of education, ok not the best in the world, but if you are only concerned with fighting, covert prestige and getting your rocks off and you blow it and then have to spend pergatory working in a call centre - who's fault - lemme guess - Nazis? People can be crap. Period. You feck up, you deal with it.

HOLA443

It depends how you define 'their place..........', unfortunatley they failed to gain the knowledge to enter the world they did.

I think the only thing that separates you and I on this is that I don't wish to excuse others peoples failings by using scapegoats. You wish to find them a scapegoat which frankly doesn't help the people I think you do actually want to help.

As for the nazi jibes, I picked up the baton because it pisses me of when people use these acusations to stifle debate. Everyone should be free to say what they like even if I don't like what they say.

HOLA444
Well, they deserve all they get, then. Even if they have to flog their kids off on Ebay. Tough sh1t.

now,now,,we don't expect them to flog their kid's..they could start to flog, themselves to the highest bidder.. :lol: if anybody would have them..liar loan's all three of them..

how the F**k can you start with a loan of 40k then take it up to 150k...then these people have kid's..FF's they were on low incomes lived the high life now want a bail out...

liar loan taker's...x3

Edited by BXLONDONMAN

HOLA445
<snip>

Is it soooooo wrong to suggest that folk don't have kids until they can afford them? Twisted I know...

I suspect the world would die out in two generations. In 2003, the cost of raising a child to 18 was £140,000. To follow your rule, you shouldn't consider kids unless either:

1) You have £140,000 per child in the bank

2) You are cast iron guaranteed to earn that money with no chance of unemployment, illness or other change in circumstances for the next 18 years 9 months.

I suspect very few people can meet those conditions.

I totally agree that if you're struggling financially then having kids it totally irresponsible. Having said that, if you've been financially sound for a number of years, have a reasonable level of security, so go ahead, then find you're in trouble once the world has changed completely 10 years down the line I don't think you should be vilified.

Edited by impatient_mug

HOLA446
now,now,,we don't expect them to flog their kid's..they could start to flog, themselves to the highest bidder.. :lol: if anybody would have them..liar loan's all three of them..

how the F**k can you start with a loan of 40k then take it up to 150k...then these people have kid's..FF's they were on low incomes lived the high life now want a bail out...

liar loan taker's...x3

As I stated on a previous post, G E Money is not a mortgage company but a link to credit cards for home improvements and other shiny things, interest rates 15 - 25%. No wonder they can't afford to pay it. Incidentally, I thought credit cards were supposed to be unsecured debt, which is why they are allowed to get away with their enormous interest rates.

HOLA447
As I stated on a previous post, G E Money is not a mortgage company but a link to credit cards for home improvements and other shiny things, interest rates 15 - 25%. No wonder they can't afford to pay it. Incidentally, I thought credit cards were supposed to be unsecured debt, which is why they are allowed to get away with their enormous interest rates.

GMAC have been huge in the sub prime market in the UK over the past few years.

HOLA448
It depends how you define 'their place..........', unfortunatley they failed to gain the knowledge to enter the world they did.

I think the only thing that separates you and I on this is that I don't wish to excuse others peoples failings by using scapegoats. You wish to find them a scapegoat which frankly doesn't help the people I think you do actually want to help.

As for the nazi jibes, I picked up the baton because it pisses me of when people use these acusations to stifle debate. Everyone should be free to say what they like even if I don't like what they say.

Nowhere did i excuse them, they made stupid/bad/uninformed decisions which they are paying for with their homes. This does not make them moronic or expendable. Others involved in their misfortune made informed/immoral decisions and were rewarded with hefty commissions.

as for the nazi jibe, i don't think that the elimination of anyone on the basis of intelligence is worthy of debate.

HOLA449

The way i understand it (Please correct me if i am wrong ) unsecured debt such as loans and credit cards cannot make a direct claim to sell the property but a charge for the unsecured debt can be put against the property. This charge is were the unsecured debt lender can make a claim against the property if it is being sold for other debts.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
Nobody helped me attain my professional status, nobody helped me get an education. I worked and worked.........saved bought assets I could afford. Those families are morons who should never have been aloud to get a mortgage, stupid, feckless, uneducated morons who though their incompetence as humans have now placed unnecessary pressures on their children and assisted in inflating a housing market so that decent, sensible people can no longer afford to get on it. Of course the housing market is changing by the day and with all these lovely juicy repos'. I think one of the ladies said 'somebody is going to get my home at a knock down price', yep you are dead right love except its not really a knockdown price more what is known as the 'market price...........'.

It's a pity that your achievements have not included the ability to have compassion on other people whose primary mistake was to have been aspirational that is to improve themselves and the living standards of their families. What they lacked was the ability to develop a strategy to maintain their newly acquired living standards and above all understand the financial implications of their actions and certainly the consequences. Whatever you've achieved someone along the way has helped you out, even if it is through the taxes of those you so despise. Your achievement of professional status has clearly not helped to disguise a flawed personality to say the least. Hope that life never brings suffering into your path (or maybe it should, you might be a better person for it) and that you continue to be the bright centre of your own universe.

HOLA4412
It's a pity that your achievements have not included the ability to have compassion on other people whose primary mistake was to have been aspirational that is to improve themselves and the living standards of their families. What they lacked was the ability to develop a strategy to maintain their newly acquired living standards and above all understand the financial implications of their actions and certainly the consequences. Whatever you've achieved someone along the way has helped you out, even if it is through the taxes of those you so despise. Your achievement of professional status has clearly not helped to disguise a flawed personality to say the least. Hope that life never brings suffering into your path (or maybe it should, you might be a better person for it) and that you continue to be the bright centre of your own universe.

What ? By buying offroad motorbikes, widescreen TV's and range rovers with debt they could never really afford ? All at the expense of their childrens' futures ?

You are correct - what aspiration.

Now I know where I have been going wrong.

Thanks.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
people whose primary mistake was to have been aspirational that is to improve themselves and the living standards of their families. What they lacked was the ability to develop a strategy to maintain their newly acquired living standards and above all understand the financial implications of their actions and certainly the consequences.

I saw no evidence of any attempt at self-improvement; that in itself would have been 'a strategy to maintain their newly acquired living standards'.

HOLA4415

Oh contraire, I have showed compassion to those that were truly innocent for example their children.

'Their primary mistake was to be aspirational': To achieve one most figure how out to, a strategy of borrowing beyond your means in my view is not aspirational unless your aspiration is to be made bankrupt and end up with nothing.

I note you feel the need to bring suffering to me and my family to teach me a lesson, obviously I hope that neither myself or my family ever have to suffer, but if it is through the decisions I have taken then I will face up to it and not be expected to be bailed out by the state or others that have worked hard and if I need a house from the state rest assured that I will not threaten to beat the officials '******ing brains in'. The people I despise (as you put it, but more like pity) I can assure you that I have never had any help off and certainly not in the way of taxes.

You are correct to say that I have been helped out over the years, also its worth noting that the harder I have worked the luckier I have got.

HOLA4416
I also noticed he pretty much let the door slam in his wifes face at the court or probate office :ph34r:

He might not intentionally be a leech on society, but he came across as a bit of a sh1t. Off TV god knows what he's like. Not the kind of person you'd want to meet down a dark alley/ do business with.

do 'business' with, down a dark alley?

Are you on the game?

HOLA4417
Nice. <_<

Anyway, I watched the program last night, I felt sorry for the guy who ended up in the caravan as for the others I can't add any more to the comments made before.

Yeah he seemed like a nice bloke, but if he ever defaulted on me, I'd go round 'is caravan and kick 'is fookin' 'ed in. 'im an' 'is missus - She'd get a good slap too.

SLAGS

HOLA4418
It's a pity that your achievements have not included the ability to have compassion on other people whose primary mistake was to have been aspirational that is to improve themselves and the living standards of their families. ...

I really despise this term 'aspirational'. I think it epitomises so much of the current problem. People aspire to being a celebrity 'off the telly' or having an X5 on credit in the manner that a child aspires to having sweets for breakfast. People with worthier ambitions are referred to as ambitious.

HOLA4419
I really despise this term 'aspirational'. I think it epitomises so much of the current problem. People aspire to being a celebrity 'off the telly' or having an X5 on credit in the manner that a child aspires to having sweets for breakfast. People with worthier ambitions are referred to as ambitious.

As in "the ambitious young estate agent carefully knotted his tie".

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
Nice. <_<

Anyway, I watched the program last night, I felt sorry for the guy who ended up in the caravan as for the others I can't add any more to the comments made before.

I don't know why you feel sorry for that Guy he was the one who just wanted to buy and sell dodgy motors to try and pay his mortgage,there was no mention of him trying to get a job to save his home, it makes me wonder how he got the mortgage in the first place? Liar loan maybe.

Edited by Itsalongwaydown

HOLA4424
I don't know why you feel sorry for that Guy he was the one who just wanted to buy and sell dodgy motors to try and pay his mortgage,there was no mention of him trying to get a job to save his home, it makes me wonder how he got the mortgage in the first place? Liar loan maybe.

It must have been - he was earning £800 per month.

HOLA4425