House Price Crash Forum

Landing on the Moon - It Never Happened.

Isambard

HOLA441
8 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

I'm not sure if I'm in or out either - but then I never could do the hokey-cokey.

And who exactly am I supposed to be helping...?

Not a problem, you sitting on the fence you aren't helping anyone, I have no problem with you.

XYY

The dog's kennel is not the place to keep a sausage - Danish proverb

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443
4 hours ago, DeepLurker said:

^ This.

The Space Race was basically a giant dick-waving contest between the USA and the Soviet Union. If the Soviets ever suspected a fraud, they would have sent lunar orbiters to photograph every landing site in high-res [1], and scored the propaganda victory of the century.

[1] Which they had the technical capability for. 

This scene from a Steven Segal movie features an uncannily accurate description of this type of thing

HOLA444

Well you're an interesting character Mr Stateless.

Do you like Pepsi by any chance...?

XYY

HOLA445
HOLA446
4 hours ago, DeepLurker said:

^ This.

The Space Race was basically a giant dick-waving contest between the USA and the Soviet Union. If the Soviets ever suspected a fraud, they would have sent lunar orbiters to photograph every landing site in high-res [1], and scored the propaganda victory of the century.

Unless they are all in the game, do you speak Russian or Chinese? if not, in which case how would you know?. Do you get all your info from one source? The BBC

Please tell me that isn't so?

HOLA447
21 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

XYY

Yes and so are you Mr XYY tell me more................

HOLA448
7 minutes ago, Stateless said:

Yes cute cat, he is off topic, nothing he said is useful. 

OK, let me tell you a little about myself.

There are precious few things in life that I am sure of.

And most of the things that I am certain of, I have witnessed with my own eyes.

Everything else..? Well since I wasn't there - I have to take somebody else's word for it.

And in that situation - all I can do is weigh-up the numbers, compute them through my own particular set of filters, and come-up with a conclusion as to how likely something is.

In the case of the Moon-landings, on the evidence I have seen, then right now here tonight - I believe they probably happened.

But next week some new evidence may appear - which I will evaluate and re-compute. And - if necessary - shift my opinion in another direction.

I wasn't on-board Apollo 11 - and neither were you. So we just have to judge the evidence through our own experiences, and come up with the most likely scenario.

I don't know if the Moon-landings were faked - but admit that one of MY filters is that I don't want them to have been.

I suspect that one of your personal filters most definitely wants them to be.

Go ahead then - convince me...

XYY

HOLA449

Compare, and contrast, puny British astronaut Tim Peake, landing back on Earth, and having to be carried after being weakened by the effects of zero gravity in space, with the much stronger American Apollo astronauts below. They landed at sea yet leapt out into a life raft almost like they'd been pushed out the back of a military transport plane and not really been in space at all.

HOLA4410
37 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

Everything else..? Well since I wasn't there - I have to take somebody else's word for it.

And in that situation - all I can do is weigh-up the numbers, compute them through my own particular set of filters, and come-up with a conclusion as to how likely something is.

In the case of the Moon-landings, on the evidence I have seen, then right now here tonight - I believe they probably happened.

But next week some new evidence may appear - which I will evaluate and re-compute. And - if necessary - shift my opinion in another direction.

I wasn't on-board Apollo 11 - and neither were you. So we just have to judge the evidence through our own experiences, and come up with the most likely scenario.

I don't know if the Moon-landings were faked - but admit that one of MY filters is that I don't want them to have been.

XYY

The dog's kennel is not the place to keep a sausage - Danish prove 

I can not convince you, but do you really want me to try? 

HOLA4411
36 minutes ago, SNACR said:

Compare, and contrast, puny British astronaut Tim Peake, landing back on Earth, and having to be carried after being weakened by the effects of zero gravity in space, with the much stronger American Apollo astronauts below. They landed at sea yet leapt out into a life raft almost like they'd been pushed out the back of a military transport plane and not really been in space at all.

Take a good look at the ISS and you will see that this is also fabricated. Hairgel and CGI.  

HOLA4412
1 hour ago, The XYY Man said:

XYY

Proton strikes per second per square meter is a bit high to be survivable, but you know that don't you Mr XYY.

1 hour ago, The XYY Man said:

HOLA4413

Proton strikes per second per square meter is a bit high to be survivable, but you know that don't you Mr XYY.

The escape velocity of the sum is about one million miles per hour.

Unless you know what you are talking about, please stay out out of of the augment. 

I am only interested in Mr XYY.

HOLA4414
1 hour ago, Stateless said:

Yes and so are you Mr XYY tell me more................

2 hours ago, The XYY Man said:

XYY

That is creepy as hell, explain yourself !!!!!!

HOLA4415
2 hours ago, SNACR said:

Is there a marked difference in length of time in zero gravity between the two ?

HOLA4416
6 hours ago, Stateless said:

Unless they are all in the game, do you speak Russian or Chinese? if not, in which case how would you know?. Do you get all your info from one source? The BBC

Please tell me that isn't so?

So basically you're saying the entire Cold War was also faked.

Right.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
6 hours ago, SNACR said:

Peake had been in space for six months, the Apollo guys around 8 days. Go and have a word with a doctor, most people know one or two and ask them if they feel that the effects of being in a zero-gravity environment for those two markedly different durations would be as observed in the video.

HOLA4420

What's happened here is exactly what I thought. People who believe the missions were faked will continue to do so, and absolutely nothing is going to convince them otherwise.

There is not, and never has been, a single piece of actual evidence shown to suggest any faking of the event.

Someone suggested that the Chinese and the Russians might also been part of the fraud, to be honest, that says it all.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
16 hours ago, londislagerhound said:

Well... this is pretty much my subject and if there's one things I've learned it's that people who don't believe man went to the moon will never change their mind, regardless of the evidence presented. I will however give you some evidence and ask that you consider it carefully, and perhaps think again.

1 - There were around 400,000 people involved in Project Apollo. Not all would have known about a conspiracy and a faking of the event, but it's reasonable to assum that at least two or three thousand people would have had to live a lie from July 20th 1969 until the day they died. It really is hard to imagine that such a vast number would all keep quiet and not want to confess at some point.

2 - All six lunar landing stages (Apollo 11, 12 and 14-17) have been photographed from lunar orbit in recent years. The locations are precisely as expected, lunar rover tracks can be seen consistent with the reported trips they made.

3 - There has never been a single inconsistency reported in any of the stories of the 12 men who walked on the moon. They were interviewed and written about countless times over the 43 years since the first landing and everything stacks up exactly as it should.

4 - It would have been extraordinarily difficult to fake the landings. Even the simple idea of slowing down video to simulate 1/6th gravity was just not possible in 1969. Let's also not forget that live communications were broadcast the world over and the difficutly in adding in the correct audio and video delay would have been insurmountable.

5 - People were listening in, all over the globe. Amateur radio enthusiasts the world over pointed aerials at the moon and listened to the astronauts.

6 - The Saturn V rocket. As brilliantly discussed in a sketch from Mitchell and Webb, building that massive rocket had to happen. It takes some kind of thought process to consider that they built a rocket that big, which again amateurs tracked on the way to the moon, but it didn't deliver the human payload.

7- The Chinese and Russians (especially) would have exposed any kind faking if it existed. The moon landings were a political act, and beating the Russians to the moon was hugely important at a time when the USA lagged behind everything Russia did in space.

8 - Point 7 is very much why nobody has been back. It would cost billions and achieve nothing. Further exporation can be done more cheaply with probes.

9 - Not one scientist of any repute, ever, in the years since the landings has claimed it didn't happen. You'll find nutjobs like Bart Sibrel and a few others looking to make a name for themselves of course.

Once again, if you believe that man didn't land on the moon then nothing less than going there and taking a look will prove otherwise. Even then people would say "Well if they can send a space rocket, they can certainly make a machine to fake footprints".

Finally, if you ever meet Jim Lovell (Apollo 8 and 13) and Charlie Duke (Apollo 16) you'll discover that these aren't the sort of people to lie until their dying day. They are test pilots who laid their lives on the line and made history.

Of course your beliefs and opinions are very valuable addition to the point, but where are the evidence?

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
9 hours ago, The XYY Man said:

Perhaps it hasn't yet finished searching the lunar surface for Glenn Miller's plane...?

XYY

Leslie Howard.

HOLA4425
11 hours ago, DeepLurker said:

^ This.

Why to waste money to sent lunar orbiters to photograph every landing site in high-res.

Simply ask the USA to present the evidence for everyone, why to keep them hidden or secret.

Russia calls investigation into whether US moon landings happened

Russia is suspicious over missing scientific evidence. The increasingly tense relationship between the United States and Russia might be about to face a new challenge: a Russian investigation into American moon landings. In an op-ed published by Russian newspaper Izvestia, Vladimir Markin, a spokesman for the government's official Investigative Committee, argued that such an investigation could reveal new insights into the historical space journeys.

Markin would support an inquiry into the disappearance of original footage from the first moon landing in 1969 and the whereabouts of lunar rock, which was brought back to Earth during several missions.

“We are not contending that they did not fly [to the moon], and simply made a film about it. But all of these scientific — or perhaps cultural — artifacts are part of the legacy of humanity, and their disappearance without a trace is our common loss. An investigation will reveal what happened,” Markin wrote, according to the Moscow Times translation.

Archived