• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442
Eh?????

This is just normal everday supermarket promotional activity.

All supermarkets have items on half price, 365 days a year.

The smoked salmon for instance is cheap and nasty, and is worth about £3.99.

And expensive boxes of crackers are ALWAYS reduced prior to Christmas

Stupid journalists falling for this garbage

I wish the OFT would investigate the contant 'offers' on Salmon (fresh and smoked) that goes on.

I know it happens to many products, but all supermarkets participate in a rolling scam where salmon

is offered HALF PRICE! or 2 FOR 1 on a constant basis, quoting was prices that I've never seen

ever in any store. (Yes, I know the 'was' price only has to be in a % of stores!).

The only stores that don't are the likes of Aldi and Lidl, but theirs is Icelandic Salmon normally :blink:

All PR nonsense really, bloody churnalists.

HOLA443
I wish the OFT would investigate the contant 'offers' on Salmon (fresh and smoked) that goes on.

I know it happens to many products, but all supermarkets participate in a rolling scam where salmon

is offered HALF PRICE! or 2 FOR 1 on a constant basis, quoting was prices that I've never seen

ever in any store. (Yes, I know the 'was' price only has to be in a % of stores!).

The only stores that don't are the likes of Aldi and Lidl, but theirs is Icelandic Salmon normally :blink:

All PR nonsense really, bloody churnalists.

I may be a little out of date on such things but it used to be that for a store to claim a % discount on things, they would only have had to price something at only one of their stores at the higher price for 28 days........

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
I may be a little out of date on such things but it used to be that for a store to claim a % discount on things, they would only have had to price something at only one of their stores at the higher price for 28 days........

Nah nulabour have changed the rules. A sale is whatever they want.

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
Tesco will launch a pre-Christmas sale tomorrow, slashing prices on 1,000 lines by up to 50 per cent, in probably the biggest festive season sale so far announced.

The move, the latest big round of discounting in the retail sector, will be concentrated on Christmas essentials, such as food, drink, toys and gifts.

News of the sale will revive suspicion in the market that Tesco is feeling the pinch from rivals more strongly than it has let on.

The company last week unveiled details of its weakest UK sales performance since the last recession — a day after The Times revealed that Britain’s biggest supermarket was losing customers in greater numbers to rivals Asda and Morrisons than for many years.

Examples of products in Tesco’s Half Price Christmas Sale:

Isla Negra Cabernet Sauvignon Was £7.49 now £3.74

Isla Negra Chardonnay Was £7.49 now £3.74

Codorniu Vintage Rose Cava Was £10.99 now £5.49

Hardys Crest Cabernet Sauvignon Was £8.99 now £4.49

Tesco Oak Smoked Scottish Salmon 400g Was £10.98 now £5.49

Tesco Creamy Brie 350g Was £2.69 now £1.34

Foxs Creations 700g Was £.8.80 now £4.00

Kylie Minogue – Showtime 50ml Fragrance – Was £26 now £13

David Beckham – Instinct After Dark 30ml – Was £17.50 now £8.75

Natural Extracts Gift Basket – Was £8 now £4

Tesco Finest Crackers Was £20 now £10

Boxed Cards – all lines Half Price

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/busi...icle5323997.ece

I dunno. The sh*t people buy.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

All the supermarkets are cynical as hell with their wine pricing.

Go to any supermarket at this time of year and you will find Champagnes you have never hard of at odd prices...£27.98 or something like that. After 6 weeks on at that price in a certain number of stores, they will offer it at half price for Christmas at £13.99, which is probably around what is worth in the first place. Crooks!

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
Celebrity fragrances - I'd rather stink of p1ss!

New Scientist did an article on armpit emissions/attraction this month!

HPC - Highly Pungent Cult

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
Nah, surely they came after Brut? As I recall, Brut was the flavour of choice for skinheads sometime during the 70s.

Henry Cooper....remember?

Sorry, of course you wouldn't - it would've been your Dad's! :P

Blue Stratos was the first after shave anyone bought me, got it the same year I got a braun razor. :) No way I'd have 'worn' Brut given Kevin Keegan advertised it.

HOLA4422
Blue Stratos was the first after shave anyone bought me, got it the same year I got a braun razor. :) No way I'd have 'worn' Brut given Kevin Keegan advertised it.

NO, that was much later. Henry Cooper did the original TV ad for Brut.

(P.S. At what point of the debate should I start the ad hominem attack? May I call you a punk and a loser, for instance? Or is it a bit too early for that, do you think?)

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
NO, that was much later. Henry Cooper did the original TV ad for Brut.

(P.S. At what point of the debate should I start the ad hominem attack? May I call you a punk and a loser, for instance? Or is it a bit too early for that, do you think?)

I was into punk, but The Jam, Buzzclocks, Joy Division and The Clash were more my thing :D

HOLA4425
Guest Mr Parry
tescos getting expensive. maybe they all are, but since i shop at tesco i do notice its costing more for less.

and im even not that careful with money, but it all seems more.

Asda, try there.

I think a lot of it is psychological. Everything feels expensive now, even if price has gone down.