HOLA441
  • Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
No, you began with an insult.

If you wish to question what you believe to be my choices carry on. But you didn't, you just made some stupid sucky sucky remark.

EDIT TO ADD: Hell would freeze over before the old woman would do 'that' any way. :lol:

That's what Caribean Beauty, anorthosite and Skint academic do with me on every other post they write.

They're just facelsss racists, don't let them get to you Mr Parry, your humour is a breathe of fresh air here...keep it up

HOLA443
Guest Mr Parry
That's what Caribean Beauty, anorthosite and Skint academic do with me on every other post they write.

They're just facelsss racists, don't let them get to you Mr Parry, your humour is a breathe of fresh air here...keep it up

Thanks Bob.

HOLA444

Rbob.... How two faced can you be? :lol: Go back a couple of posts on this thread and check the out the blue attack on me and then you tell everyone to go FCK themselves.

I have had debate with CB and Skint and anorthosite and they are so not racist and well entiltled to opinion but I have avoided most of the threads that you are involved in as you talk the most amount of ******.

You just love confrontation :unsure:

HOLA445

congrats bosh, i have followed some of your posts on the esher/elmbridge thread. well done. must be great when a plan comes together like this. esher is a great place especially near sandown park and your house sounds like it has a lots of space. it is better to buy a place which needs cosmetic renovation rather than actual structural work as it can be done at a pace which suits you and to your style.

HOLA446
congrats bosh, i have followed some of your posts on the esher/elmbridge thread. well done. must be great when a plan comes together like this. esher is a great place especially near sandown park and your house sounds like it has a lots of space. it is better to buy a place which needs cosmetic renovation rather than actual structural work as it can be done at a pace which suits you and to your style.

Cheers,

Yep, That was part of the appeal, we can design our house from the start. I have just signed up for 10 years of DIY though.

Keeps me off the streets I suppose.

HOLA447
Cheers,

Yep, That was part of the appeal, we can design our house from the start. I have just signed up for 10 years of DIY though.

Well done. ignore what the others said about that you should wait, sounds as though you got a great bargain and mananged a great move up for only £45k extra investment. if its the right house & you'll be there for a while, esp as near the school you want doesn't matter if it might be worth at some point in the future.

I think there will be some people on this site who fail to see a bargain and will get left behind again as at some point there will be another bubble! (I know I will get shouted down for saying that).

HOLA448
I know the Thai thing looks obvious, but really, it isn't.

My missus is SE Asian too (not Thai though). We were sitting in a waiting room the other week and an old chap passed over his copy of the Yorkshire Evening Post and said "Show her that." - pointing to a picture of a Thai beach.

The better half was not impressed and fortunately the old guy was too deaf to hear the very Anglo-Saxon words she was muttering under her breath.

But anyway - back to Bosh. Well done mate. I hope and your family are very happy in it.

HOLA449
My missus is SE Asian too (not Thai though). We were sitting in a waiting room the other week and an old chap passed over his copy of the Yorkshire Evening Post and said "Show her that." - pointing to a picture of a Thai beach.

Which country is she from?

HOLA4410
CB, You miserable sod :lol: .. Of all the people on this forum to offer a load of presumptions. Must of had a bad night.

To answer some questions.

I was a cash buyer. I had a full structual survey and the building is sound. I have money left over for renovations and I have family who are builders who are desperate for work, I will look after them and them me.

The house next door was on the market last year for just over 1 million pounds. My plot is bigger.

How much did Barratt pay for your house in 2004 or whenever???

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
How much did Barratt pay for your house in 2004 or whenever???

Do not Know and my solicitor does not know either but they did a paper shuffle in 2007 between departments for 700k.

Edit to add

Just checked and the paperwork shuffle between Barratt and it`s holding company was for 690k (August 07) and I gather we will only get the last transaction price. It is not listed on Land registry.

Edited by Bosh

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

I'd be intrigued as to which way a mile from Sandown Park this is. I.e towards West End, in which case it's a bargain, or down Ember Lane towards the Metropolitan Police Sports Ground or towards Kingston......

Not trying to do any deal down, but what have houses nearby that are comparable actually sold for - there was and still is some chronic overpricing in Elmbridge - a lot of people in second rate (note, not saying poor, but just not the most prime) areas were asking ridiculous money and not getting it....

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
Bosh thinks he's bashed someone.

But he's just been bished himself.

Geesh and HPCer comes here and says he's just bought a house for 1000000000s of pounds and we all say 'nice one'.

Fk you all!!!!!

Some people on this site just want to live in "their dream house/area", rather than making do forever.

The OP has achieved his dream. End of his journey.

If we all sat and waited for the bottom, the right time, the future, we'd all be killed in the rush.

He's happy. That's all that matters.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

Goodluck, you join a growing list of HPC members who jumped in. at this discount what 'year' are you buying at, 2003 price? 2001 price?

ive still got my fingers crossed, my neighbour (who owns his own painting firm who said he would charge me a mates rate to paint my house spring this year, but quoted double the competition at 900 quid cash in hand!?!?) has dropped his price again!

The new price s well above the price I paid in Nov 2007... His place has been on the market for about 6 months.. Its masochistic spectator sport wondering how low prices will fall. when the general market reaches the 2002 price it starts to cost me, but i'm good with falls anything upto 1998 prices...

Edited by moosetea

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
I hereby nominate Bosh's new house for the HPC christmas party 2008.

VMR.

Bring your paint brushes and leave the lap tops at home.

Looking forward to having a proper good old fashioned Bonfire in the garden :P

HOLA4421
Bring your paint brushes and leave the lap tops at home.

Looking forward to having a proper good old fashioned Bonfire in the garden :P

Sounds like a great idea, you got the keys yet? If your serious, my recommendation would be to arrange by Private Message, remember last Christmas!

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
Sounds like a great idea, you got the keys yet? If your serious, my recommendation would be to arrange by Private Message, remember last Christmas!

Easy tiger, more like christmas 2009.... Too much going on at the moment. We are away for Crimble this year.

Will definitely be a party house though.

Maybe a spring bounce party :lol:

HOLA4424
Cheers,

How about getting the Beenies round for a good 'how you do it/subtle telling off' or even 'Grand Designs' if you can stand the bloke.

Many Congrats but City/Saarf East are gonna go way, way, on down!

HOLA4425
Ok,

Saw a house last september on the market for 700k and chucked in a cheeky 500k offer. Told to Feck off!!

This is a 4 bed detached ( In need of complete overhaul ) but on 0.4 of an acre in the area we really really wanted to be in.

This property was owned by Barrett homes and they intended on building new builds on the development. Planning refused 3 times and the place has been unocupied since 2004.

First they called me two weeks after the cheeky offer and said 620k and it`s yours, I said 500k again.

a few weeks later they called and said 550k and it`s a bargain and I said 500k again.

Two weeks ago they called and said well done Mr Bosh you can have it for 500k as long as you are a cash buyer.

I said that was then and this is now.... 475k and they said no.

Ten minutes later we agreed at 485k... That is 215k off asking price.... Just over 30% price cut.

This is in Esher and is 1 mile walk from Sandown Park race track, lovely road and very close to the school we want our children to attend in a few years.

I STR last August and sold my semi detached in Chessington and bought this place in a very sought after area for an extra 45k.

House prices will continue to crash and so they should.

I STR to an estate agent ( Since gone bust) in august at the peak and I managed to get our dream home for the price I wanted to pay. We never dreamed of living in such a nice place/area.

Tonight I feel like.... King of HPC...... My plan worked

I hope many of you take my crown in the coming weeks months and years.

Happy hunting

Bosh ( still a bear)

Well done!!

In the past this board has been labelled as "A bunch of Doom Mongers" but the truth of the matter is this place is going to be full of happy ending stories like this.