House Price Crash Forum

95% Chance Of Worldwide Bank Freeze

Errol

HOLA441
Printing presses have been started ...

M1: The sum of currency held outside the vaults of depository institutions, Federal Reserve Banks, and the U.S. Treasury; travelers checks; and demand and other checkable deposits issued by financial institutions (except demand deposits due to the Treasury and depository institutions), minus cash items in process of collection and Federal Reserve float.

http://research.stlouisfed.org/fred2/series/M1

m1xi5.png

Date Value ($bn)

2008-08-25 1385.1

2008-09-01 1399.9

2008-09-08 1395.7

2008-09-15 1411.3

2008-09-22 1472.2

M2: M1 plus savings deposits (including money market deposit accounts) and small-denomination (less than $100,000) time deposits issued by financial institutions; and shares in retail money market mutual funds (funds with initial investments of less than $50,000), net of retirement accounts.

http://research.stlouisfed.org/fred2/series/M2

m2ro7.png

Date Value ($bn)

2008-08-25 7720.0

2008-09-01 7715.4

2008-09-08 7714.5

2008-09-15 7734.5

2008-09-22 7900.0

M3 figures been left out for a reason, by any chance. ;) From what I hear M3 seems to be a different story.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
M3 figures been left out for a reason, by any chance. ;) From what I hear M3 seems to be a different story.

They've been left out for a very good reason. The US government doesn't want you to see them!

http://www.federalreserve.gov/releases/h6/discm3.htm

Release Date: November 10, 2005, revised March 9, 2006

Discontinuance of M3

On March 23, 2006, the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System will cease publication of the M3 monetary aggregate. The Board will also cease publishing the following components: large-denomination time deposits, repurchase agreements (RPs), and Eurodollars. The Board will continue to publish institutional money market mutual funds as a memorandum item in this release.

HOLA443
HOLA444
Bullion dealers running out of gold. Check it out

http://www.goldline.co.uk No coins only bars

http://coininvestdirect.com/main.php?a=10&id=2 No bars, only coins

Icesave gone bust. British savers lost their money.

8 days left.

Is the possibility of melt down greater today than yesterday? Yes I think so.

Problem is that Panic has set in. Effectively the need to panic is based on the panic itself. Scary group psychology on an international scale.

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
tbh if it all goes then nothing will be worth anything other than survival instinct.

the chavs could well rule the earth yet.

What an amusing set of posts so far. If anarchy has set in then I am scared. I saw an old lady buy a loaf of bread today! Yes she bought one loaf so the end of the world is nigh.

Whilst we are on the subject, expect its old news, the Bank of Origami in Japan has just folded.

HOLA448
Oh grow up! How can any one say no chance. I can't say that there is no chance that I will be struck blind in the next 10 days, but that doesn't mean I should go out and buy a labrador.

Anyway, your man is quite specific. He says there is a 95% chance of a worldwide bank freeze in the next 10 days. Where does he get 95% from? Why not 100% or 85%? He's just pluck a figure out of the air and given himself a 5% escape clause. What a pile of crap!

Now, now don't play with the shameless gold rampers :lol:

HOLA449

sinclair now predicting a bank holiday -

An implosion of the banking system is coming, which means a bank holiday will occur.

You now must have enough cash in hand to last a month or two.

If you have not distanced yourself from financial agents then you have a financial death wish.

If you have NOT made absolutely sure that your custodian account is a real custodial- ship you are probably in for a surprise.

jsmineset.com

HOLA4410
Problem is that Panic has set in. Effectively the need to panic is based on the panic itself. Scary group psychology on an international scale.

There is good reason to panic.

Remember the petrol panic? Those who panicked last couldn't get any.

cgnao rules on panicking

Don't panic

Panic first

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419

If anarchy does ensue then you better make sure your money is in a fireproof, booby trapped safe, buried underground. Personally I'd feel safer knowing it's in a national bank. If the system collapses and chaos pursues money will be the last of anybody's concerns; we'll all be too busy fighting and pillaging. Anyway 89.76% of all statistics are made up.

Edited by You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
Looking a bit more likely now. Perhaps.

I posted this elsewhere but theyappear to be acting now rather than waiting for them to fall one by one, unlike the Icelandic guinea pig

Iceland's central bank governor says it can afford to guarantee all deposits.

Iceland is booming and is now the most developed country in the world, says the United Nations.

British brands like House of Fraser and West Ham United, are now owned here

Iceland's biggest bank Landsbanki has led the way winning 170,000 British savers and is growing by 1,000 depositors a day.

These are complex trades called Credit Default Swaps or CDS. They allow investors to rate the chances of a bank defaulting on its corporate debts. Zero means no chance of default - now Lloyds TSB currently rates 85 basis points and HSBC is slightly higher. Bradford and Bingley, a second tier UK bank, is just over 300. While Landsbanki stands at 469 and Kaupthing is much higher at 706

And finally .....Mark Sismey Durrant from Icesave said: "We're holding on to customers for the long term."[/quote] :lol:

http://www.channel4.com/news/articles/busi...savings/1697147

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425