House Price Crash Forum

Auction - Barnard Marcus - 153 Lots

tommyboy

HOLA441

Live Auction

| Barnard Marcus LiveLink | Barnard Marcus Order of Sale | Lot 1 Details with Next to Lot 2 etc |

Today's auction from Barnard Marcus has 153 lots going under the hammer.

If you have local knowledge about any of the lots please post onto the thread - It's the local information that gives us the stories behind the figures.

Today's Live Auctionfrom: Barnard Marcus Auction 09/09/2008 All LiveLink information and live data feeds are provided by EI Group

Edited by tommyboy

HOLA442

Live Auction

| Auction House Norfolk & North Suffolk LiveLink | Auction House Norfolk & North Suffolk Order of Sale | Lot 1 Details with Next to Lot 2 etc |

Today's auction from Auction House Norfolk & North Suffolk has 43 lots going under the hammer.

If you have local knowledge about any of the lots please post onto the thread - It's the local information that gives us the stories behind the figures.

Today's Live Auctionfrom: Auction House Norfolk & North Suffolk Auction 09/09/2008 All LiveLink information and live data feeds are provided by EI Group

Edited by tommyboy

HOLA443

Live Auction

| Edward Mellor Auctions LiveLink | Edward Mellor Auctions Order of Sale | Lot 1 Details with Next to Lot 2 etc |

Today's auction from Edward Mellor Auctions has 86 lots going under the hammer.

Today's Live Auctionfrom: Edward Mellor Auctions Auction 09/09/2008 All LiveLink information and live data feeds are provided by EI Group

HOLA444
Live Auction

| Barnard Marcus LiveLink | Barnard Marcus Order of Sale | Lot 1 Details with Next to Lot 2 etc |

Today's auction from Barnard Marcus has 153 lots going under the hammer.

Today's Live Auctionfrom: Barnard Marcus Auction 09/09/2008 All LiveLink information and live data feeds are provided by EI Group

Don't know much about the areas but it looks as though around 120 of them are repos. That's around 80% of the total up for sale!

HOLA445

Hello,

Cheers for setting the thread up.

Lot 42: 224 Padstow road, Swindon, 75k+

on Rightmove:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-228...=1&tr_t=buy

Others in the same postcode (SN2 2EQ)are asking 115-135k, and some have been on the market since April without significant reductions.

This area is a complete BTL ghetto, with few if any amenities and hundreds of flats. There is little to recommend this area, although it is fairly close to the town centre and I daresay crime is not an issue.

Strangely no previous sold price listed on the Land registry for the address, but prices of others would indicate a 115-130k sold price around 2004. These 2-bed flats are rapidly dropping in asking price in Swindon(although I see little evidence of sales, even at the lower prices) and will surely drag the substantial number of Victorian 2-bed red brick terraced houses down in price too.

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
BWAHAHAHAHA!! Look at the photo for lot 21!

Edit - Lot 47. Our old friends on Tideslea Path! That one should be tres interesant!

25 Nov 2005 57 Tideslea Path £300,000

Is this the place they did a documentary about 18 months ago were 18 out of 20 flats were now empty and it was all a scam where by the buyers got £20k cash back.

They tax us telling us about global warming and then allow houses to be built on a flood plane ! Strange me thinks

HOLA449

Lot 112 was a doer-up of a few years ago. Reasonable little house, but in a deep river valley (dark) backing into the hill and fronting a busy road. Absolutely nothing seems to be selling in this area and Estate Agents are bursting with stock. Perhaps 50K would be a more reAlistic guide. But what about Lot 131? Is it in the flood zone and uninsurable?

HOLA4410

Edward Mellor: Lot 21A: 100 Green Pastures, Stockport, Cheshire, SK4: Guide Price £250,000 Plus

When we lived up there a couple of years ago, all the houses on this street were asking about £400,000 (they are all pretty similar) - will be interesting to see what this one goes for.

I will post a full summary of the Barnard Marcus results including what date on average we are back to in terms of prices, when the auction is over (as I did last month). Unfortunately I can't do it for the other auctions yet as the published format is different, but I am working on it.

Edit: to add specific auction referred to.

Edited by PropertyQuant

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Lot 147 ( Guide Price: Withdrawn Prior )

Vendor: Barnard Marcus

Address: Flat 3, 32 Claremont Road, Maida Hill, London, W9

The description from the Barnard Marcus website is: © Barnard Marcus

Map: No Map Data for this property

Last Sold Price: No data found for this property - Click here to search

Auction Result:

Any inaccuracies, errors or suggestions for improvements to the reports, please PM me

View this auction Live

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
Question from a noob - looking at the property details, they tend to say things like "2 Floor, 3 Rooms" - I take it this means 3 bedrooms on domestic houses?

Don't think so, rooms includes living area as well as bedrooms I believe. 3 room flat for instance should be 2 bed flat.

Just have to say again that lots is selling in this auction, lots of repossessions with massive percentages off last sold price. Things are definitely different.....

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
OK, cheers - obviously it doesn't include bathrooms and kitchens etc. Or some of those places are seriously small...

Don't think it does but of course, in most new builds, sorry, I mean luxury flats, the kitchen is in the living room. Will this country ever move to square footage?

HOLA4424
Question from a noob - looking at the property details, they tend to say things like "2 Floor, 3 Rooms" - I take it this means 3 bedrooms on domestic houses?

I think it is the total rooms-Lot 42 is described as three rooms, but the RM entry says 2-bedroom.

I must say I'm not entirely clear on the convention myself, but it appears to be just as it says; total rooms, bed- or other.

HOLA4425
Hello,

Cheers for setting the thread up.

Lot 42: 224 Padstow road, Swindon, 75k+

on Rightmove:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-228...=1&tr_t=buy

Others in the same postcode (SN2 2EQ)are asking 115-135k, and some have been on the market since April without significant reductions.

This area is a complete BTL ghetto, with few if any amenities and hundreds of flats. There is little to recommend this area, although it is fairly close to the town centre and I daresay crime is not an issue.

Strangely no previous sold price listed on the Land registry for the address, but prices of others would indicate a 115-130k sold price around 2004. These 2-bed flats are rapidly dropping in asking price in Swindon(although I see little evidence of sales, even at the lower prices) and will surely drag the substantial number of Victorian 2-bed red brick terraced houses down in price too.

Cheeznbread - did this one sell?