Yoss

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

People in the US have been using their credit cards to pay their mortgage, so I guess they will run up their credit card, default on that, and then default on the mortgage when they run out of credit cards.

A lot of people in the UK are also supposedly started paying for their mortgage with credit cards, it'll almost certainly all end in disaster.

HOLA448
People in the US have been using their credit cards to pay their mortgage, so I guess they will run up their credit card, default on that, and then default on the mortgage when they run out of credit cards.

A lot of people in the UK are also supposedly started paying for their mortgage with credit cards, it'll almost certainly all end in disaster.

That just about sums up the madness of it all don't you think? Paying a mortgage with a credit card FFS.

HOLA449

Apparently a lot have been buying food on the cards also. I'm not sure if this is desperation (the card of last resort) or an attitude of 'if I'm going bankrupt I might aswell spend first' - seeing as they are buying food and paying mortgages, me thinks it's the former.

Apparently 28m on food stamps in the US at the mo....... :blink::blink: Ahhhhh the golden age of Western civilisation.

HOLA4410

28m already on food stamps. Any predictions on how that will increase?

Can people in the US walk away from credit card debt like they can the house? The whole US system appears to be a debtor paradise, borrow loads of money find you can't pay it back and simply walk away.

In one sense I can see the logic, if people can walk away from the debt then the credit issue would be uber cautious about who they lend to so that they get their money back. The volume of greed got in the way of this logic.

HOLA4411
Apparently a lot have been buying food on the cards also.

I buy food on the credit card.

But that's so that I don't have to take dosh to the supermarket (they no longer take cheques "as part of our policy of continuous service improvement"). I only buy what I need & pay off the plastic in full every month. And it's a charity card so they get a (very) little too.

OTOH, places like Debenhams ALWAYS try to flog me their ludicrously over-priced store cards. Yeah, right...

HOLA4412

Just to cheer you all up.

Take a look at some of the fantastic property you can now buy in florida

I came across a newish 4 bed with pool for $100k and thats cheaper then when i looked at property 15 years ago.

tell you at these prices i would pop over was it not for the facists working at pasport control who are all littler Hittlers.

HOLA4413
Just to cheer you all up.

Take a look at some of the fantastic property you can now buy in florida

I came across a newish 4 bed with pool for $100k and thats cheaper then when i looked at property 15 years ago.

tell you at these prices i would pop over was it not for the facists working at pasport control who are all littler Hittlers.

Link? :):rolleyes:

HOLA4414
Guest Steve Cook
That just about sums up the madness of it all don't you think? Paying a mortgage with a credit card FFS.

It's called desperation

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

[quote name='Justice' date='Jul 22 2008, 09:31 AM' post='1225438'

tell you at these prices i would pop over was it not for the facists working at passport control who are all little Hitlers.

The U.S. immigration experience is the main reason I don't go there.

I don't care how cheap it gets.

__________________________-

37% default.....so far

& the UK borrower is even deeper in the mire we believe?

HOLA4417