House Price Crash Forum

Telegraph Business Section: City Of London Hit With 'code Red' By Moody's

HOLA441

City of London hit with 'Code Red' by Moody's

The office rental market in London's historic Square Mile has been issued a "code red" rating by Moody's, as the slowdown in banking industry hits demand for space.

The office rental market in London's historic Square Mile has been issued a 'code red' rating by Moody's, as the slowdown in the banking industry hits demand for space

London's Docklands has suffered alongside the City, from the cull in the banking sector

The ratings agency downgraded the City's office market to red, or already under "imminent stress", from a yellow rating where it was "on the cusp of imbalance and therefore fragile".

In a report on the European commercial property markets, Moody's said London's financial district was now seeing the fastest growing vacancy rates across Europe, and faces a greater risk from over-supply next year.

Whole article here -- http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/main.jhtm...cnoffice123.xml

Remember how -- barely 8 months ago - they were talking this up along with the rest of the "Property Market".......... Sorry -- but I DEFINETLY saw this coming.....

Edited by eric pebble

HOLA442

And todays winner of the double speak award for gibberish is awarded jointly to Rod Bowers and Jeroen Heijdeman of Moody's

"The London City market continues to maintain the strongest negative demand-supply relationship - increasing from -1.1pc to -5.4pc. The negative demand-supply relations is anticipated to impact vacancy levels in the near future."

So things are getting worse and because things are getting worse they're going to get even more worse, soon??

I'm afraid English is my first language so I may not have translated this properly.

HOLA443
Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable
And todays winner of the double speak award for gibberish is awarded jointly to Rod Bowers and Jeroen Heijdeman of Moody's

So things are getting worse and because things are getting worse they're going to get even more worse, soon??

I'm afraid English is my first language so I may not have translated this properly.

Ain't not gunner get betterer.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
Remember how -- barely 8 months ago - they were talking this up along with the rest of the "Property Market".......... Sorry -- but I DEFINETLY saw this coming.....

You aren't the only one who saw it coming Eric - remember all those banks who STRed on their offices and headquarters over the last year..? :lol: They knew what was coming and it's foolish to pretend otherwise, they were just trying to milk the last few pounds out of the stupidest sheeple before mentioning that property was doomed!

HOLA447

The City is one big building site right now - impossible to walk 10 yards without walking into some scaffolding. Fenchurch Street, Cheapside, Lombard St, Bishopgate all being rebuilt from what i can see. Problem is I just cant work out who they are building all this stuff for?

HOLA448

How does something increase from +1.1 to - 5.4 it's not just English they are buggering about with it's Elementary Mathematics as well.

HOLA449
The City is one big building site right now - impossible to walk 10 yards without walking into some scaffolding. Fenchurch Street, Cheapside, Lombard St, Bishopgate all being rebuilt from what i can see. Problem is I just cant work out who they are building all this stuff for?

The manifestation of PURE greed...........

HOLA4410

Gordon's policy toward the City has included a diretive to the FSA to "go softly on fiddles" to the point where no one can trust the system anymore. Add this to the collapsing banking industry overall and you have a recipe for the decline and fall of the City as a reputable place of business.

This thing is happening a lot faster than many thought.

HOLA4411

Since last summers bull market peak it has fallen by 16% , the rating agencys seem incapable of seeing falls. Muddys should just have checked the major indices for commercial property investment YOY, and gone back to Rating Bear Stearns AAA+.

gordonmiracleyoy2.gif

http://www.ipd.com/OurProducts/Indices/tab...00/Default.aspx

Edited by maxwell

HOLA4412
Muddys should just have checked the major indices for commercial property investment YOY, and gone back to Rating Bear Stearns AAA+.

They are still rating the monolines AAA when the rest of the world knows they're junk. Perhaps they can't read.

HOLA4413

Something for the middle eastern oil states to spend their money on.

The view across the city at the moment is just cranes.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
How does something increase from +1.1 to - 5.4 it's not just English they are buggering about with it's Elementary Mathematics as well.

Its worse/better than that - it was Increasing negatively from -1.1 to -5.4 so if you get one's axis and just turns it upside down and VOILA there you go down is now up.

HOLA4416

Who cares, it'll end up as social housing either way. :lol:

HOLA4417