B B C Radio 5 Live 15.04.08

HOLA441
  • Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
Nice one FP, thoroughly enjoyed that. Dismissing 100k BTL as being financially illiterate, quality.

But we DONT want to be so condescending as to call them thick!!!!!!!!

that will do our cause no good at all(even though it's true)

We want to convey to them that they have made a bit of a silly mistake and it's not their fault,(which to a degree it isn't,given the barrage of brainwashing they have been subjected to,it'd be pretty difficult to not crack.....but we are made of strong stuff and are going to be the survivors of this wreckage).WE ARE HERE TO HELP THEM.

JUST LIKE KIRSTY AND PHIL WERE HELPING PEOPLE FIND THE PROPERTY TO MAKE THEM A FORTUNE.

IT'S OUR MISSION TO HELP THEM TO KEEP THAT FORTUNE BY LETTING THEM KNOW WHEN TO CASH IN THEIR CHIPS.

innit?????

Edited by oracle

HOLA444
HOLA445
But we DONT want to be so condescending as to call them thick!!!!!!!!

that will do our cause no good at all(even though it's true)

We want to convey to them that they have made a bit of a silly mistake and it's not their fault,(which to a degree it isn't,given the barrage of brainwashing they have been subjected to,it'd be pretty difficult to not crack.....but we are made of strong stuff and are going to be the survivors of this wreckage).WE ARE HERE TO HELP THEM.

JUST LIKE KIRSTY AND PHIL WERE HELPING PEOPLE FIND THE PROPERTY TO MAKE THEM A FORTUNE.

IT'S OUR MISSION TO HELP THEM TO KEEP THAT FORTUNE BY LETTING THEM KNOW WHEN TO CASH IN THEIR CHIPS.

innit?????

No. They're thick. Half the propulation became property experts, and most of the other half believed they could too. The remainder frequent this website.

HOLA446
How is it that the BBC on 5 live allow idiots like that Jonathan commenting on a house price crash quoting a 40% crash it is totally irresponsible and Journalists banging the drum every day is completely against the well being of millions of home owners.

I view this uncontrolled irresponsible reporting dangerous to Britain’s economy and much more serious than insider trading the Government should step in to stop uninformed unqualified reporting to what is people’s largest investment. As a property expert I am sick to the back teeth listening to the twaddle the BBC churn out every day.

There is only one reason why people are starting to panic and that stems from uninformed Journalists banging the drum every day. In the last recession pockets all over the country were affected and many pockets not. As like topics on Europe on other subjects no balance. If you take London the prime areas of Knightsbridge, Belgravia, Marylebone, Soho and Covent Garden were unaffected in the last recession.

BBC have like so many companies Journalists that have not got a clue and entertain a hypothetical line that has no bearing in the current prime London market with 5% interest rates and low unemployment, people should not believe all they hear from uninformed Journalists. In the last month I have seen five closed bid situations with prices ranging from 1M-4M

Agitated

Do one you poisoned bitter little "property expert" :ph34r::ph34r:

HOLA447

Good job FP, I think you emphasized the situation we are in with the energy expended in that discussion. That wasn't a rant folks, it is that serious that even our very own FP can lose a little decorum. The stupid, inarticulate, fumbling Ruth made no sense whatsoever, we really are fooked. That program was pathetic both in quality and in reason and FP was stating facts, that has got to be bad.

OPEN YOUR FOOKING EYES!!!!!!!!

Why do so many folks think this is like last time, it is not. We are on the edge of a financial precipice of historical proportions. This will bring the western economies to its knees and will take many years of grind to get back to some semblance of normality. Either the debtors and banks suffer or we all suffer, these are the only choices we have in the "current" system. Which one will we get and at what price???

:angry:

Tulips for sale

Edited by 9FOI11

HOLA448
It is hard to do a Roger Moore when you are passionate about your calling/profession. I know: I have had to do battle with a number of nay-sayers who wanted to tear me down.

FP. Do what you feel is right for you. You can only be true to yourself - when push comes to shove. You know when you are hitting the nail, people start resenting what you say!! :lol:

Good Luck with your broadcasts. :D

Yes, and raising an eybrow has little influence in a radio discussion. :lol:

HOLA449

I did not realise there are so many brain dead individuals all hoping and praying for a housing crash which might give themselves an opportunity to get a property cheap . In the prime areas of London it is still a situation of lack of supply of large freehold houses and medium sized freehold offices the basics of economics is supply and demand. The three P’s in property position, position, position historically always triumphs. I do wish the idiots were right because we would love to buy cheap in the prime areas but it will not happen.

Despite what might be happening in different parts of the country certain properties in prime areas are still going to closed bids and in the prime areas of London I have seen in the last month at least 14 closed bids on properties between 1M-5M most of the people are experts in property and banking that are snapping up the properties most of the down market areas will most probably be affected with the help of Journalists and all the other morons. As for the remark about Foxtons most people I know would not consult them to cross the road .

HOLA4410
I did not realise there are so many brain dead individuals all hoping and praying for a housing crash which might give themselves an opportunity to get a property cheap . In the prime areas of London it is still a situation of lack of supply of large freehold houses and medium sized freehold offices the basics of economics is supply and demand. The three P’s in property position, position, position historically always triumphs. I do wish the idiots were right because we would love to buy cheap in the prime areas but it will not happen.

Despite what might be happening in different parts of the country certain properties in prime areas are still going to closed bids and in the prime areas of London I have seen in the last month at least 14 closed bids on properties between 1M-5M most of the people are experts in property and banking that are snapping up the properties most of the down market areas will most probably be affected with the help of Journalists and all the other morons. As for the remark about Foxtons most people I know would not consult them to cross the road .

How is it braindead to want to return to an economy based on selling things to other countries and not on inflated assets and call centre/retail jobs?

The prime areas of London may be different. However, can you tell me why it is a good idea to have an average house price of £130,000 in Gateshead when the average regional wage if £18,000? How does that benefit society?

Idiot.

HOLA4411
How is it braindead to want to return to an economy based on selling things to other countries and not on inflated assets and call centre/retail jobs?

The prime areas of London may be different. However, can you tell me why it is a good idea to have an average house price of £130,000 in Gateshead when the average regional wage if £18,000? How does that benefit society?

Idiot.

Stupidity certainly reigns on this site you will never ever see that day again your remarks were made for Gateshead stay there

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
Stupidity certainly reigns on this site you will never ever see that day again your remarks were made for Gateshead stay there

What does that even mean?

Answer the question. Why is it braindead to want affordable houses for the majority of people instead of vast majorities of the population not able to afford a home to live in without saddling themselves with ridiculous amounts of debt?

Edited by macfarlan

HOLA4414

I don't normally get involved in these things, and I'm certainly not one of the "pedants" of the forum, but I'm sorry - due to a lack of punctuation in the sentence, I really don't understand what you're trying to say.

Are you saying that the problems in Gateshead belong in Gateshead? Are you suggesting that everywhere else in the country is fine? Or just that London is fine, and will stay that way?

As for Gateshead - it's a national problem - not just confined to the North East, and as for London, might I suggest a bit of light reading? Rent Boy - How one man spent 20 years falling off the property ladder I'm a bit too young to recognize the musical references in it, but it was an eye-opener to me about the situation during the last housing slump...

HOLA4415

Dominic, I think you're suggesting that property will never be as cheap as it is now.

Let's ignore the fact that all available statistics are showing that house prices are currently falling nationally so i can ask you this;

What benefit is there to society if property only ever goes up in value? Doesn't it mean a lack of social mobility?

and what have you got against Gateshead?

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
Guest An Bearin Bui

I'm sorry the discourse on this site is not up to your intellectual standards. You do claim to be a property expert so I suppose we couldn't help to match your expertise on here, as we are but a humble internet forum. I'm really keen on becoming a property expert myself - how does it work? Could you let us all know what your qualifications as a property expert are and where / when you acquired them?

For example, to become a financial planner (like our own hpc.co.uk spokesman), you need to sit exams and become chartered and the following three criteria are mandatory:

- A minimum of three years’ experience of financial services

- An FSSC Appropriate Examination for Advising on Packaged Products

- An examination pass in each of the following areas:

Taxation

Financial Planning

Advanced Technical Area

Institute of Financial Planning website

The reason for this is that the FSA regulates the activity of financial investment advisors to ensure that they do not engage in illegal practices (e.g. trying to ramp a particular asset class that they are personally heavily exposed to and have insider knowledge of) and that they have the necessary professional ability and knowledge of markets to back up their investment advice. Such regulations were introduced on the back of financial mis-selling scandals and scams that happened in the past.

Are there any such qualifications and regulations involved in becoming a property expert and if so, could you list your accredited status with the relevant institutions?

Thanks a mil, Dominic - looking forward to your response!!!

:D:D:D

HOLA4418

I'm sorry but this can't be the Dominic of BBC fame that some have suggested.

I know that Dominic doesn't look like the sharpest tool in the box, but sentences(?) like the one quoted display an extraordinary level of illiteracy. Surely the BBC couldn't employ such people ? :blink:

HOLA4419
Oi Gollum, F*CK OFF!

take your negative equity with some pride, man. :lol::lol::lol:

Keep the moronic remarks coming no hope boy ,as it shows what idiots contribute to this site and nobody will ever take you seriously? I feel a few more stupid comments and I will have enough ammunition to distribute far and wide what cretins some of you are. Gutter and snipe seems to be coming into my mind. What Borstals were you educated at because they did a very good job?

HOLA4420

It's a cardinal rule of mine never to post anything to the internet when I am drunk. You would be wise to follow the same advice, sir.

I know you're nothing more than a barrow-boy made good - I am pleased for you. I am nothing more than a West End Geordie made good.

My day however does not consist of filling people with hopeless dreams about getting themselves attached to a massively-overpriced asset in the hope I can sell it onto some other mug one year later for a profit. Those days are gone now and you better brace yourself into cash position.

My day involves offering products and services that help other businesses grow. My business and my customers' businesses pay VAT, corp tax, NIE tax, rates etc into the country's pot meaning cretins like you can damage the economy and people's lives but still the hospitals and the schools still run.

You are a leech on society and a leech on ordinary families creating nothing of intrinsic value. Your days are numbered. Dominic Littlewood, Kirsty Allsop, Phil Spencer, Sarah Beeny, Gordon Brown, your property ramping took one hell of a beating. See you down Spittlefield Market in 2010 - yeah? ;)

HOLA4421
Guest An Bearin Bui
Keep the moronic remarks coming no hope boy ,as it shows what idiots contribute to this site and nobody will ever take you seriously? I feel a few more stupid comments and I will have enough ammunition to distribute far and wide what cretins some of you are. Gutter and snipe seems to be coming into my mind. What Borstals were you educated at because they did a very good job?

Speaking of education, could you oblige by posting your qualifications as a property expert, as requested in my last post? As I said, I'm keen to find out how this 'property expert' thing works and what qualifications are required before you can advise others re. property investment etc.

Looking forward to your response!

HOLA4422

I know that Dominic doesn't look like the sharpest tool in the box, but sentences(?) like the one quoted display an extraordinary level of illiteracy. Surely the BBC couldn't employ such people ? :blink:

I must admit I have commented many times on many UK radio programmes also Riviera Radio and all the Maltese media outlets to name a few.

HOLA4423

Is anyone else just itching to punctuate this guy's posts ?

Commas, full stops, paragraphs please.

By the way : Bsc in Construction Management from Aston University and currently operating as a Commercial Manager in the civil engineering branch of construction.

Probably a better Borstal than you attended, and qualifications more relevent than your own to discuss finance and construction.

HOLA4424
For example, to become a financial planner (like our own hpc.co.uk spokesman), you need to sit exams and become chartered and the following three criteria are mandatory:

- A minimum of three years’ experience of financial services

- An FSSC Appropriate Examination for Advising on Packaged Products

- An examination pass in each of the following areas:

Taxation

Financial Planning

Advanced Technical Area

Institute of Financial Planning website

The reason for this is that the FSA regulates the activity of financial investment advisors to ensure that they do not engage in illegal practices (e.g. trying to ramp a particular asset class that they are personally heavily exposed to and have insider knowledge of) and that they have the necessary professional ability and knowledge of markets to back up their investment advice. Such regulations were introduced on the back of financial mis-selling scandals and scams that happened in the past.

To be ickily pedantic - I'm Chartered not Certified. See thepfs.org (higher than Certified...)

Though like your style.

HOLA4425

I must admit I have commented many times on many UK radio programmes also Riviera Radio and all the Maltese media outlets to name a few.